Lions uniform changes

Proc

Obviously the concepts done here are far better polished and realistic solutions than any of the Detroit News Contest.

But, from a rough concept point of view, some of those aren't that bad.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PS, don't send the "But they are amateurs! " notes. I realize that they weren't going to receive submissions from reputable sports logo designers, however the point is, that some of the concepts are as good as (or better than) what some of the big boys have cranked out in the last few years, just without the polish.

I was merely quoting Lebowski.

I looked through the submissions, and I'm not sure why, but I like the "D" on the helmet. The logo as a whole isn't good, but I think the helmet is nice

c9847c4a754694525ee91979.jpg

And this just cracked me up:

aea1f1ff4b13b5415cce84af.jpg

Lions!

I think this one would make a really good secondary logo.

7b2569f1abfb862cafdd1a82.jpg

But I don't know how the Tigers would like it since looks like it borrows heavily from this:

7192.gif

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

PS, don't send the "But they are amateurs! " notes. I realize that they weren't going to receive submissions from reputable sports logo designers, however the point is, that some of the concepts are as good as (or better than) what some of the big boys have cranked out in the last few years, just without the polish.

I was merely quoting Lebowski.

I looked through the submissions, and I'm not sure why, but I like the "D" on the helmet. The logo as a whole isn't good, but I think the helmet is nice

c9847c4a754694525ee91979.jpg

And this just cracked me up:

aea1f1ff4b13b5415cce84af.jpg

Lions!

HA! I was just about to post that.

I am appauled however, that this didn't get picked.

cbf3b3659cea285e116cbdf4.jpg

Or

8349ba0d518f6d963742ccc7.jpg

His big ass teeth make him look mentally challenged.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

But I don't know how the Tigers would like it since looks like it borrows heavily from this:

7192.gif

With some tweaking, that would be an awesome secondary logo.

spacer.png

7192.gif

With some tweaking, that would be an awesome secondary logo.

Hell, put a football outline connecting the 'L' to the 'D' (like the "somewhat circle" on the Tigers' D) and you'd have a nice looking logo. And would tie the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings (throwback D) together. Now if only the Pistons could come up with their own version of the Old English letter...

This one reminds me a lot of one of the finalists for the Colts secondary logo contest in the summer. The two blue colors are really similar to that Colts logo.

ff87c46aaf77a8408eb71434.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Grady Jackson lets out a slip! He says he likes the "new colors":

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/...nd_logo_co.html

My guess is that it's just a case of an athlete being a moron and equating the word "colors" with "uniform design."

Well, it must have been something he ate.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

It's probably just the color changing to the older darker shade of honolulu blue.

The colors aren't changing.

The Lions have had a few shades of Honolulu Blue....has each shade been given a different sub name?

If not, they they could have darkened the color up a bit and still have it be "Honolulu" Blue....or not?

Honestly asking because I'm a n00b at this stuff. B)

Archived