Lions uniform changes

Proc

I used poor judgement in using the term "ROCK". 'Cause, I really don't listen to any of it.

The Lions' unis smoke like John Coltrane on "A Love Supreme".

Or, Michael Brecker's solo on "My One and Only Love".

Or, anything by Clifford Brown.

You had me at Clifford Brown. These Lions uniforms must be new classics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used poor judgement in using the term "ROCK". 'Cause, I really don't listen to any of it.

The Lions' unis smoke like John Coltrane on "A Love Supreme".

Or, Michael Brecker's solo on "My One and Only Love".

Or, anything by Clifford Brown.

So you're saying these unis will be the best any team in the NFL has ever produced? ^_^

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

My last "driveby" comment, and then ASM and I need to shut up...

^_^

The new Lions' logo and uniforms ROCK.

IMO.

One last question: when will they be made public?

Oh, and another.... people have given the crass answer "you'd have them if you needed them" to my question of who and how does one get an official league style guide. Can you provide more insight on the style guide circle of secrecy and who is in it? Is it just licensees? Isn't ASM like a 19 year old kid?

Joke

Nemesis' head

Nemesis, that means the joke (lacrosse player) went over your head...

... means you didn't get it...

... it being the joke...

To qualify as a joke, doesn't it have to be...you know....funny?

:D

Ok, so I'm a forum n00b....

Do I seriously have to explain that the joke is that the lacrosse player plays for the ROCK (which is a reference to ColorWerx's description of the Lions' new uniforms)?

Of course not. I mean, who on these boards isn't an avid Lacrosse fan who would automatically get esoteric references to a marginally popular professional team?

<_<

Do I seriously have to explain that the joke is that the lacrosse player plays for the ROCK (which is a reference to ColorWerx's description of the Lions' new uniforms)?

Of course not. I mean, who on these boards isn't an avid Lacrosse fan who would automatically get esoteric references to a marginally popular professional team?

<_<

Now THAT was a funny response. :grin:

<_<

Well played, Sir. Well played.

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile due to a tip from someone on the Lions Fanatics site. I am a Lions fan and although I appreciate what information Colorwerx has been able to offer, I must admit to some confusion over his statement about "no piping" on the uniforms. Am I to assume this means "no stripes" on the uniforms? Or am I confusing "piping" with "stripes"? Sorry, I'm not very versed in the logistics of clothing design. Colorwerx doesn't need to reply as I know he has probably shared more than he can already. But can anyone else shed some light on the issue? Thanks.

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile due to a tip from someone on the Lions Fanatics site. I am a Lions fan and although I appreciate what information Colorwerx has been able to offer, I must admit to some confusion over his statement about "no piping" on the uniforms. Am I to assume this means "no stripes" on the uniforms? Or am I confusing "piping" with "stripes"? Sorry, I'm not very versed in the logistics of clothing design. Colorwerx doesn't need to reply as I know he has probably shared more than he can already. But can anyone else shed some light on the issue? Thanks.

Piping: think Falcons, Vikings, and Cards. You would find piping a lot in college football.

Piping: think Falcons, Vikings, and Cards. You would find piping a lot in college football.

textbook example:

1758.jpg

virginia-tech-football-300a101607.jpg

the very thin lines...

Piping is more like colored seams than printed stripes. Piping would be very thin coloring that is actually made out of material (so it would be slightly raised in most cases) vs. stripes which are either screened on or woven in. In football (as opposed to piping in baseball and hockey) the piping is generally used as a border around a thicker color insert, like side panels or a colored shoulder yoke.

Stripes = Steelers, Cowboys. Piping = Vikings, Falcons, a lot of college teams (especially UA and Nike teams. EDIT: good example of VA Tech posted above.)

Usually (but NOT always) stripes = horizontal, piping = vertical (or curved.)

Hope that helps.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Somebody should do a complete glossery of these terms we throw around.

Here's a start, but we could probably expand a lot on this. PL is pretty good about using reader suggestions, so we could probably build this out some.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/uni-watch-glossary/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived