Lions uniform changes

Proc

I got this from a message board in which i visit 100 times a day... where someone else got it from another one... lol

I thought I would throw this out there, from another message board I frequent:
Ok so apparently some guy who knew a guy worked at reebok and sent a logo which then that guy posted online which was immediately removed. Another guy got a look at it before it was taken down and did a poor mans photoshop of what he could remember which is this:

15s8wau.jpg

And here is the guys comment:

Right here. I just logged on. Mondays are crazy at my house having to manage 3 kids.

OK guys, here is the photoshopped picture from the guy who saw the image at TLF when it was posted for 1 hour. It is a crude photoshop but it gives you an idea of what the original image looked like.

Now....disclaimer; This image is NOT the original image that was posted by the guy who said he received it from a relative at Reebok. This is only a crude photoshop by someone who saw the image during the 1 hour that it was up. And also...it has not been confirmed if this guy was being truly honest with us or not but some who saw the original image said it looked legit. So take it with a grain of salt. As I stated earlier, according to this guy the new logo is just the current "bubbles" with highlights added to bring out the image of the Lion. A refinement to the original, not a totally new one. It should also be noted that the image below was only posted for a day before it too was removed.

Enjoy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that's what the logo resembles, then that's pretty good. Even-though I'd like a retro logo before bubbles any day.

Original Logo was posted on The Lions Fanatics. As was stated, that version was hand drawn by one of the TLF MOD's that saw it to give people a very basic idea of what the logo looked like.

Without having seen the first one, I can't really saw how close the "feel" is to the original. But it matches up with everything I've heard from people that have claimed to have seen it.

IF that is the case and it's close to what they are putting out, added in with the comments made on this thread, I think they might have actually done something right.....

I can't believe I just said that in regards to the Lion's.

Now I just want to see the whole uniform put together. Their new merchandising contract goes into effect on April 1st. So I'm hoping we get some kind of reveal soon after that. This wait is killing me.

LOL! Imagine explaining to NFL head coaches why you dropped a deuce in an ex girlfriend's shoe? And imaging being an NFL head coach trying to keep a straight face?

Dude pooped in a shoe?!?! Haha, that's awesome

They redefine "awesome" while I was out of the country? :blink:

As to when the uniforms and logo will be released....

If I recall correctly, the Lions unveiled their current jerseys April 13th, 2003... the Falcons debuted their current set the day after.

And according to detroitlions.com, the Lions unveiled their black jersey on April 21st.

So, with that being said. I'm guessing that the Lions are going to unveil on April 17th (A Friday for those counting)... as to it being leaked out earlier... who knows?

Do I seriously have to explain that the joke is that the lacrosse player plays for the ROCK (which is a reference to ColorWerx's description of the Lions' new uniforms)?

Of course not. I mean, who on these boards isn't an avid Lacrosse fan who would automatically get esoteric references to a marginally popular professional team?

<_<

Me neither :P

One thing I do know from Colorwerx' liking them so much - they won't have a grey facemask. He couldn't have such positive feelings if that were the case.

As to the Lion with white squiggles - that's the type of evolution that's been in my mind as this process has gone along. I'm hoping it's what they've done and that they've done a good job with it.

As to when the uniforms and logo will be released....

If I recall correctly, the Lions unveiled their current jerseys April 13th, 2003... the Falcons debuted their current set the day after.

And according to detroitlions.com, the Lions unveiled their black jersey on April 21st.

So, with that being said. I'm guessing that the Lions are going to unveil on April 17th (A Friday for those counting)... as to it being leaked out earlier... who knows?

it would make sense to unveil them before the draft

I'm assuming the striping on the arms will be just like their previous set of jerseys. What remains to be seen is whether it will be trimmed with black. I'm really curious about the amount of black the team will use in their new look. For one, the jersey seems better off with just silver and blue but at the same time, it may look unbalanced if black was featured only on the logo. But I guess like everyone else here (excluding Colorwerx and ASM), we will have to patiently wait.

I would really dig it if the numbers were silver as well. There's enough contrast between the blue and silver where you could still read them on TV.

There would be enough contrast if they played outdoors under actual sun. That dome is so dull and drab, that I don't think silver numbers would come across well on TV. Could be wrong though.

One thing I do know from Colorwerx' liking them so much - they won't have a grey facemask. He couldn't have such positive feelings if that were the case.

As to the Lion with white squiggles - that's the type of evolution that's been in my mind as this process has gone along. I'm hoping it's what they've done and that they've done a good job with it.

I don't want to put words into his mouth, but I don't think he would mind a gray facemask on the Lions. After all, silver (shiny gray) is an official color of theirs.

I would really dig it if the numbers were silver as well. There's enough contrast between the blue and silver where you could still read them on TV.

There would be enough contrast if they played outdoors under actual sun. That dome is so dull and drab, that I don't think silver numbers would come across well on TV. Could be wrong though.

Sure they would. And they'd be awesome.

sanders_barry_lions.jpg

sanders_barry_lions.jpg

To me, that looks really, really dull. Maybe a bright-white outline would help, but I still think that the numbers should be white.

I don't want to put words into his mouth, but I don't think he would mind a gray facemask on the Lions. After all, silver (shiny gray) is an official color of theirs.

Yes. Yes I would.

And the fact that I am happy with the Lions' look should tell you something.

^_^

sanders_barry_lions.jpg

To me, that looks really, really dull. Maybe a bright-white outline would help, but I still think that the numbers should be white.

I wouldn't totally mind seeing uniforms based on those but with a slightly lighter shade of Honolulu.

Yes. Yes I would.

^_^

I guess it's going to be blue.

Yes. Yes I would.

The Detroit Lions are removing the facemasks from their helmets?

:P

Yes. Yes I would.

The Detroit Lions are removing the facemasks from their helmets?

:P

FULL retro.

Yes. Yes I would.

^_^

I guess it's going to be blue.

God, I hope so.

But I have that feeling that it's going to be black again....bleh

Archived