Lions uniform changes

Proc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see here...modified "Bubbles", with added white "definition" lines, outlined in black, next to a uber-modern script mark with lil' flares here and there, super-oblique to imply "motion" and, I guess, "speed"--and oh by the way is NOT outlined in black...

...It'll be bery bery interesting to see what tone the actual uniforms take.

FWIW, in my eyes it looks like they put more time into the script mark than they did updating the Bubbles. And actually, compared to the pre-existing version, this is more of a lateral move for me. Don't hate it, but I also can't say I'm liking it, either. In fact, I'll go so far as to say it's possible that script mark could start to look rather "dated" in about four or five years or so. To me, it seemed like whoever did it tried to do too much to make it noticeable...unless the image itself is making it appear a little more "wavy" than it really is.

And really...now that I think about it, the black outline aroun the Lion needs to go. Either that or the white "details" inside Bubbles. One or the other.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm glad the wordmark didn't end up being a Texans/Falcons/Seahawks rehash, but that doesn't mean I like it. To me, it's a little too whispy, or too soft to be an NFL logo.

And for the new detail lines on the Lion -- whatever. I'm glad they kept the same basic logo, but if they kept the same basic logo, why bother?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm glad the wordmark didn't end up being a Texans/Falcons/Seahawks rehash, but that doesn't mean I like it. To me, it's a little too whispy, or too soft to be an NFL logo.

And for the new detail lines on the Lion -- whatever. I'm glad they kept the same basic logo, but if they kept the same basic logo, why bother?

I guess we could ask the same to the Cardinals, Dolphins, Falcons, 49er's and Seahawks.

It's rare when you see a full scale change ala Tampa Bay, Denver and New England. Most teams seem to follow the evolution pattern rather than a revolution when it comes to their logos.

What will really determine how large of a change this is going to be will be the uniforms.

Hmm...

p5820917dt.png

Okay...now that bottom one looks a helluva lot better. The black outline is still unnecessary, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Hmm...

p5820917dt.png

hmmm...indeed.

Either one works for me to be honest as I don't mind the added "swoosh" lines to the mane. Though the cleaner version that you posted does look nice....

Damn you!!!

Bah, as long as the front paw is actually detatched from the lower jaw with the new Logo, I'll be happy. B)

Hmm...

p5820917dt.png

Okay...now that bottom one looks a helluva lot better. The black outline is still unnecessary, though.

Word, B. The bottom one is a TON better, except that the white "definition" line kind of changes the view of his face, almost creating a "thundercat" effect with his mouth. Same issue with both versions of the logo, so all things considered, I think the bottom one is far superior.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm guessing the bottom is a photoshoped modification. The top one's the one that appears in the NFL shop.

Either way, I like it.

I think it's because it's not a Texans/Falcons/Seahawks rehash that I love it ATM. As time goes on I might find myself disliking it more and more, but the fact that they did something creative instead of the same old same old they've been doing for years is very much appreciated.

I also need to see this larger, but I'm very nervous. I trust Colorwerx that the look as a whole will be awesome, but I don't like what I see so far. The swooshes in the mane area just don't make sense to me, and something about the eye makes it look too birdlike. Like somebody else said, I'm worried about the paws, too.

The wordmark is an improvement by default, because the old one was horribly dated. I'm not wild about this one, but it's pretty good.

Hopefully they work the new wordmark into the end zones, and trash the copperplate nonsense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Perfect. I am diggin' it. It gives some definition to a long-standing iconic logo. GO LIONS!!! LOL...ya can't fault me for being a fan...maybe for being stupid, but I digress... :D

Hopefully they work the new wordmark into the end zones, and trash the copperplate nonsense.

That might also involve changing a lot of, if not all of, the signage around the outside of Ford Field. Good luck with that one, Lions brass.

(For some reason, the Copperplate seems to work real well inside PNC Park, though.)

That might also involve changing a lot of, if not all of, the signage around the outside of Ford Field. Good luck with that one, Lions brass.

(For some reason, the Copperplate seems to work real well inside PNC Park, though.)

I love the Copperplate. I think it's far better than this new wordmark, which I think will prove to be dated sooner than later.

Archived