Lions uniform changes

Proc

Lions draft hat with new logo

259_large5.jpg

the raised stitching gives the logo a great quality. If they could take some of the highlights from that and transfer it to the logo, it would make a big difference. Subtle detail that is not too jumbled, and enhances the overall look.

...i may have to play around with this... TO ILLUSTRATOR!

Agreed - the swooshes look much better when embroidered than when flat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mane, specifically the white parts where the hair splits is too eye-catching for me. The subtle highlighting that the embroidery gives the body is great though. I agree with JQK in that adding that subtlety to the logo would look great. I think the hat is a perfect example why the logo doesn't need a black outline.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

well, uniwatchblog.com is not giving any rave reviews on the lions uni

Yeah, that guy is a tool. I didn't elect him king of the logo guys. He just sort of took up the post. Good for him.

I just think his prejudices are obnoxious. If you don't like stirrups or stripes, his obsession with them could be annoying. I happen to like both, so its o.k. with me.

However, I love purple and apparel manufacturers logos on unis don't bother me at all. I am also not a weenie liberal.

I know. I know. I don't have to read the site. Yes. it's true. I just won't ever be a member though.

All in all, I'm glad his website exists. He is just a logo creep.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Yeah, that guy is a tool. I didn't elect him king of the logo guys. He just sort of took up the post. Good for him.

I just think his prejudices are obnoxious. If you don't like stirrups or stripes, his obsession with them could be annoying. I happen to like both, so its o.k. with me.

However, I love purple and apparel manufacturers logos on unis don't bother me at all. I am also not a weenie liberal.

Oh, no, no, no, no. You were doing fine, Clarice.

Yeah, you're doing a great job of keeping your prejudiices to yourself :P .

Erm noone elects anyone king of anything, thats kind of the point :P . I don't even know if Paul Lukas thinks of himself as King of Logos or is just someone putting there opinions out there. FWIW I think he is wrong about the Lions uni, I think they have done an ok job, but they are all just opinions.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 2 years later...

Does anyone really like these uniforms better than the ones used in the Barry Sanders era? Maybe I'm old school, but I think the older look is far superior. Thoughts?

Current look had too many outlines. Makes it messy.

I would love for the Lions to do a clean, metallic tone on tone treatment as is seen on cars.

jaguar-logo_100369321_m.jpg

I know, it's black for black's sake, but if you absolutely have to have it, better on the traditional uniforms they had before than on the ones now with the ugly proprietary numbers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know, it's black for black's sake, but if you absolutely have to have it, better on the traditional uniforms they had before than on the ones now with the ugly proprietary numbers.

The number font bugs the crap out of me, and I think more and more with every game that they don't need the black outlines or stripes, or even the white numbers--but if you have to wear white socks, I guess they're not the end of the world. The Lions truly could pull off a simple, two color look--they've done it before. Knock out the helmet stripe entirely while you're at it, I say.

Yeah, now that we've seen this for a while, it's really sunk in to me what a mess elements of this uniform are.

I love the new helmet logo. Love it. But the numbers sacrifice clarity for uniqueness, which is always a bad tradeoff. And the striping is just too much.

Streamline it, simplify, and throw away the cutesy numbers and they could build a fantastic brand around Bubbles II.

Yeah, now that we've seen this for a while, it's really sunk in to me what a mess elements of this uniform are.

I love the new helmet logo. Love it. But the numbers sacrifice clarity for uniqueness, which is always a bad tradeoff. And the striping is just too much.

Streamline it, simplify, and throw away the cutesy numbers and they could build a fantastic brand around Bubbles II.

Here's a rough draft of a black-less Bubbles 2.0 helmet.

6jkggir433zvwnmlkitktolwt.png

Here's a rough draft of a black-less Bubbles 2.0 helmet.

6jkggir433zvwnmlkitktolwt.png

That's beautiful. My only remaining tiny gripe with that, would be what I thought of the new logo all along--the nose is too sharp, almost beak-like.

Archived