Lions uniform changes

Proc

That's fine in an "it's not Vikings or Bengals bad" kind of way, but it's still a downgrade compared to even their current stuff.

The logo, when compared to the updates seen in San Fran, Miami, Arizona, and Seattle, just comes off as uninspiring, IMO. I think the Lion's limbs are what are throwing me. They just seem odd.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's fine in an "it's not Vikings or Bengals bad" kind of way, but it's still a downgrade compared to even their current stuff.

The logo, when compared to the updates seen in San Fran, Miami, Arizona, and Seattle, just comes off as uninspiring, IMO. I think the Lion's limbs are what are throwing me. They just seem odd.

Agreed, the forelegs look almost like arms and the left paw is disproportionately large. The paws are positioned as if grasping a pole. Also, the left hind leg has a big tuft on the knee while the right has nothing. Looks weird. The tuft at the tip of the tail should be blue to match the mane like on a real lion.

I also can't stand these new logos with the sharp, pointy 'saw-blade' outlines like on the mane.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Anybody else see this it was over on a Lions MB 3251978803_cc80d945ac_o.jpg

Not bad at least it keeps the basic idea of the leaping Lion. I would'nt mind if you could make it blue like the one they have now.

Also someone on there says he has a friend at Reebok and obviously it's not this but they have new stuff in production now.

So they must have already decided on something

you know i just check out "Zelley Designs"... it just seem like a concept from some random graphic designer.

It is some random guys design but what I'm telling you is people over that board where I found it say that whatever the Lions have decided on is already in production. I said obviously it's not this. And people over on that board would like to see something like this that's all I'm saying. They want to update Bubbles and make something a little more fierce. I personally don't think this would work as it is but it's headed in the right direction. First it would have to be all blue to work on a silver helmet and there is probably to much detail with the different shading too really look good on a helmet. But it's a good start for what I believe most Lions fans are looking for.

Just found these images on a Lions board this morning kind of interesting how it says property of Detroit Lions

detlions2agi0.jpg

Why does the bottom one have the Avalanche's "Hidden Puck"? They not realize this is football, not hockey?

Or is that supposed to be a subliminal tire for Detroit? Weak.

Just found these images on a Lions board this morning kind of interesting how it says property of Detroit Lions

detlions2agi0.jpg

Why does the bottom one have the Avalanche's "Hidden Puck"? They not realize this is football, not hockey?

Or is that supposed to be a subliminal tire for Detroit? Weak.

The bottom one has merit. It's busy, and needs some refining, but would be a decent upgrade to the silhouette.

The trick will be in reducing the linework but still keeping the mark's integrity. A decent starting point.

With the black uni's gone, I can finally go out and buy one for $19.99. Seriously, thank god they are gone. Just don't want to see a fulltime retro themed set. Something a little classy to modern, but nothing like the helmet above.

In 5..4..3..2..1 said:

The bottom one is what I fear. Some of the Updated bubbles logos above would be tolerable, though downgrades, but the bottom one here is the epitome of getting rid of a classic logo in favor of too much detail. Why not just put a wordmark underneath it and get it over with?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Oh crap. Sorry, those are exactly what i'm afraid of happening.

Like it or not, the leapin' silhouette was unique. This above is just like any other college team logo. Side profile head view, snarling visage. Detail overload, total boredom.

I do like that helmet concept above with the 50's-esque lion body. Has almost an art deco feel to the design. Love.

Archived