2009 NBA Season: The Second Half

TFoA

SUNS HERE! GET YOUR SUNS HERE!...

Apparently, there might be a fire sale. Anyone need a Stoudemire? A Shaqtus? A Barbosa?

Steve Kerr said anyone's up for grabs but Nash at this point.

Why? The Suns are only 1.5 games behind Utah for the final playoff spot. There's no need for a firesale.. yet. If things get worst after the break, then go for it.

That Shaq trade ruined them

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, there might be a fire sale. Anyone need a Stoudemire? A Shaqtus? A Barbosa?

Why? The Suns are only 1.5 games behind Utah for the final playoff spot. There's no need for a firesale.. yet. If things get worst after the break, then go for it.

You wanna know why? Steve Kerr is a terrible GM. That's why. As soon as he got into a position of power with that team, it went downhill almost immediately. With that said, whoever wins the Amare sweepstakes (I'm betting on Detroit) is going to find themselves in pretty good shape.

Also, unless you've basically avoided all forms of ESPN, LeBron had a rebound taken away from him in the New York game earlier this week, making his statline 52 points, 10 assists, and 9 rebounds. No triple double. :(

Also, the Hawks have won 2 straight road games. This is a miracle due to the fact that they had previously won 9 games away from Atlanta all year, and now have 11 road victories which is 1 shy of how many they had LAST year. I really don't care that the Ws came against such powerhouses as Minnesota and Charlotte, I'm pretty sure that the Hawks will take em anyway they can. Plus, for the first time in a while, the Hawks will have some pretty good representation at All Star Weekend. Al Horford's in the Rookie-Sophomore Game, Mike Bibby's in the 3 Point Shootout, and Joe Johnson's in the actual All Star game. 2 game road win streak, and we have more than one player that made it to Phoenix. This is a good time to be a Hawks fan for a change.

Coming to this year's All-Star Weekend....

H-O-R-S-E!

No lie.

I believe you mean G-E-I-C-O!

I guess what I really meant was H-O-R-$-E

Considering the state of the economy, I really don't blame the NBA for getting corporate. Shoot, I think that it's a good job by Geico for picking up on the coincidence.

It's still kinda lame. They could've at least done HORSE presented by Geico.

Coming to this year's All-Star Weekend....

H-O-R-S-E!

No lie.

I believe you mean G-E-I-C-O!

I guess what I really meant was H-O-R-$-E

Considering the state of the economy, I really don't blame the NBA for getting corporate. Shoot, I think that it's a good job by Geico for picking up on the coincidence.

It's still kinda lame. They could've at least done HORSE presented by Geico.

I guess Warren Buffett just wants to get his money's worth....

I saw, I came, I left.

Nope. If you read the article, it said that they would boo both teams.

Now, everyone knows how much I loathe the Thunder. But, I wouldn't stoop as low as to boo the Trail Blazers as well because I really have no hate for them. Heck, I'd actually say they are the shining beacon in the Northwest for the NBA (Which is a stretch to say considering that franchise's past).

If anything, I'd hop on the Blazer bandwagon just for that game. :)

I don't really follow basketball at all, but while watching highlights of the Grizzlies game I couldn't help but notice all the empty seats!

What is up with that?

aded895c95597232df9d1ce568333c37-getty-83008078jm025_clippers_grizz.jpg

Memphis already has bad attendance for any game not involving one of the NBA's manufactured superstars...that plus the fact that the Clippers are a terrible draw anywhere they go equaled to that. 2 teams in the bottom of their respective conferences is a terrible draw (unless it's the Thunder, who still have that new team smell) and NBA fans will not come.

You wanna know why? Steve Kerr is a terrible GM. That's why. As soon as he got into a position of power with that team, it went downhill almost immediately. With that said, whoever wins the Amare sweepstakes (I'm betting on Detroit) is going to find themselves in pretty good shape.

Ever since they lost to the Spurs in the B.S. series in the playoffs a few years back (you know, the Nash bloody nose one) the Suns haven't been the same. The Shaq trade didn't really pay off. The trade where they got rid of Bell and Diaw was stupid, I think. Bell was one of my favorites. Now they are shoppin the whole team? I don't mind Shaq leaving, but I think they should try rebuilding around Amare and Barbosa. Leandro Barbosa is pretty f'in good. I was at the Suns-Hawks game at Philips a few weeks past, and I must say, Barbosa is damn FAST. Especially in person. He's really quick.

The worst thing about the Suns starting to fall apart like this is that they never even got to the NBA finals with all of those good teams of the last 4 or so years.

Also, the Hawks have won 2 straight road games. This is a miracle due to the fact that they had previously won 9 games away from Atlanta all year, and now have 11 road victories which is 1 shy of how many they had LAST year. I really don't care that the Ws came against such powerhouses as Minnesota and Charlotte, I'm pretty sure that the Hawks will take em anyway they can. Plus, for the first time in a while, the Hawks will have some pretty good representation at All Star Weekend. Al Horford's in the Rookie-Sophomore Game, Mike Bibby's in the 3 Point Shootout, and Joe Johnson's in the actual All Star game. 2 game road win streak, and we have more than one player that made it to Phoenix. This is a good time to be a Hawks fan for a change.

I think the Hawks are a team on the rise, last year they were hard to take seriously going into the playoffs with a losing record, but this year I think they could easily get to the second round or maybe even beyond. I'm really excited to be a Hawks fan at this point. Things are looking up. And I'm glad they can win without Joe, although he needs to get back from his infection or whatever it is.

Ever since they lost to the Spurs in the B.S. series in the playoffs a few years back (you know, the Nash bloody nose one) the Suns haven't been the same. The Shaq trade didn't really pay off. The trade where they got rid of Bell and Diaw was stupid, I think. Bell was one of my favorites. Now they are shoppin the whole team? I don't mind Shaq leaving, but I think they should try rebuilding around Amare and Barbosa. Leandro Barbosa is pretty f'in good. I was at the Suns-Hawks game at Philips a few weeks past, and I must say, Barbosa is damn FAST. Especially in person. He's really quick.

The worst thing about the Suns starting to fall apart like this is that they never even got to the NBA finals with all of those good teams of the last 4 or so years.

Although I was happy to see Diaw leave when he was a Hawk (the man was just awful in Atlanta), he definitely stepped his game up to a near-All Star level in Phoenix. I couldn't understand why they traded him AND Bell, who was one of their best defensive players on a team that didn't play it too well. I really haven't liked anything that Kerr has done with that team and you're right, it's really a shame that even though they've been the most exciting team in the NBA and had a measure of success, they still didn't make the Finals. If anything, this shows that you just can't win in the playoffs with a no-defense Nelly system, because there will be some team that will lock it down on you....or you'll just run into your arch rivals year after year and fail that way as well. :P

Nuggets are, kind of, technically into the #2 spot in the West!

...with no chance of getting by the Lakers, even without Bynum. (But I hope I'm wrong)

I agree. Never know, though... I'm hoping the Nuggets will make a move before the deadline, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Lakers make a move, trading Radmanovic to Charlotte for Adam Morrison.

The 'Stache On The Move

Good for him. Maybe Phil Jackson can bring the best out of him like he has for Trevor Ariza - who lost all confidence in his ability thanks to a certain coach, one Mr. Larry Brown. If Morrison is rejuvenated in LA, Brown should be fired immediately - a young club like Charlotte doesn't need that old man ruining the confidence of its talent again. Although I hear Steve Francis is available again :rolleyes:

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Lakers make a move, trading Radmanovic to Charlotte for Adam Morrison.

The 'Stache On The Move

Good for him. Maybe Phil Jackson can bring the best out of him like he has for Trevor Ariza - who lost all confidence in his ability thanks to a certain coach, one Mr. Larry Brown. If Morrison is rejuvenated in LA, Brown should be fired immediately - a young club like Charlotte doesn't need that old man ruining the confidence of its talent again. Although I hear Steve Francis is available again :rolleyes:

So the Lakers decided to trade a Serbian to Charlotte.... where have I heard that happen before ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived