2009 NBA Season: The Second Half

TFoA

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nuggets are getting destroyed by the Nets... holy crap...

NJN - 100 DEN - 65 about midway through the fourth... yikes...

The Nuggets losing by 44 makes me feel only a tad bit better about the Hawks getting blown out by the got damn Clippers.

The Hawks are weird. They won 2 straight without Joe, but Bibby sits down and all hell breaks loose.

Very weird, Flame 2 wins on the road as well, and come home and get violated, I guess I can forget about having alleged "momentum" going into this weekend.

The Hawks are the embodiment of the cliche that is "There is no momentum, only the next game."

I mean, the fact that they got blown out is bad. The fact that they got blown out by the Clippers is worse. The fact that they got blown out like that AT HOME is the worst part about it.

Super sad about the Al Jefferson injury. He is a great player that doesn't get the respect he deserves because he plays in the small and crappy Minnesota market and team. Plus it sucks he wasn't named to the All-Star team, despite being only 1 of 3 players to average 20 PPG/10 RPG this season.

And today I laughed at ESPN mentioning a potential Phoenix/Cleveland trade for Amare. That ain't happening. If anything he'll go to Detroit for Stuckey/Wallace/Maxiell/09 and/or '10 1st Round Pick.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Super sad about the Al Jefferson injury. He is a great player that doesn't get the respect he deserves because he plays in the small and crappy Minnesota market and team. Plus it sucks he wasn't named to the All-Star team, despite being only 1 of 3 players to average 20 PPG/10 RPG this season.

And today I laughed at ESPN mentioning a potential Phoenix/Cleveland trade for Amare. That ain't happening. If anything he'll go to Detroit for Stuckey/Wallace/Maxiell/09 and/or '10 1st Round Pick.

ESPN wants Amare to go to Cleveland, so that they can officially crown the Cavaliers 08-09 NBA Champions. :P But I do agree with you, his destination is probably Detroit.

In other legit Cleveland News; Mo Williams is getting a spot on the All Star Roster (as he should), because of Chris Bosh's injury.

http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/02/10/...s.ap/index.html

And he deserves it. Honestly, I think that he got cheated out of a spot by Ray Allen, but what can you do. Too bad for Bosh, hooray for Mo.

Meh, we just lost to the Pacers. :censored:ing 'Bron somehow fouled Granger on the inbound play. I mean seriously, do you think he's going to hit that alley-opp? You don't need to get all over his ass. Just jump up and get in the way of the ball.

Cut him

:P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yea I was lucky enough to catch the last couple minutes of that game. I thought it was OT for sure, then I turned around and Granger got fouled i was like, $hittt.

Oh well. We'll recover.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

In other legit Cleveland News; Mo Williams is getting a spot on the All Star Roster (as he should), because of Chris Bosh's injury.

And he deserves it. Honestly, I think that he got cheated out of a spot by Ray Allen, but what can you do. Too bad for Bosh, hooray for Mo.

You think AI deserves a spot over either of these guys? Ray Allen is playing out of his mind; I think he is more deserving than PP or Garnett are and he certainly is more than he was last year. Also, he other AI in Philly is probably more deserving than maybe even Ray is. Anyway I'm just saying that there are many others on this team who are much less deserving than either Ray or Mo.

Actually, looking at some of the +/- stats around, Mo is much less of a factor than I thought. 82games.com has him directly one spot above Iverson, if you can believe that. But both of their numbers are far less than stellar. I figured he would be right up there with the Jameer Nelsons but I guess not. I'm not even being homerish here. It's surprising.

You think AI deserves a spot over either of these guys? Ray Allen is playing out of his mind; I think he is more deserving than PP or Garnett are and he certainly is more than he was last year. Also, he other AI in Philly is probably more deserving than maybe even Ray is.

Actually, looking at some of the +/- stats around, Mo is much less of a factor than I thought. 82games.com has him directly one spot above Iverson, if you can believe that. But both of their numbers are less than stellar. I figured he would be right up there with the Jameer Nelsons but I guess not. I'm not even being homerish here.

Honestly, if I was going to give it to a third Celtic, it'd be Rondo. Rondo's improvement, IMO, is a reason why the C's have been so damn good this year. I mean, Ray Allen's had a great year, but I'd honestly give the nod to Rondo over Allen. And you are right about AI, I totally forgot that he made it, and now I'm mad about it again. Thanks a lot. :P

You think AI deserves a spot over either of these guys? Ray Allen is playing out of his mind; I think he is more deserving than PP or Garnett are and he certainly is more than he was last year. Also, he other AI in Philly is probably more deserving than maybe even Ray is.

Actually, looking at some of the +/- stats around, Mo is much less of a factor than I thought. 82games.com has him directly one spot above Iverson, if you can believe that. But both of their numbers are less than stellar. I figured he would be right up there with the Jameer Nelsons but I guess not. I'm not even being homerish here.

Honestly, if I was going to give it to a third Celtic, it'd be Rondo. Rondo's improvement, IMO, is a reason why the C's have been so damn good this year. I mean, Ray Allen's had a great year, but I'd honestly give the nod to Rondo over Allen. And you are right about AI, I totally forgot that he made it, and now I'm mad about it again. Thanks a lot. :P

Rondo over Pierce. Please. And I forgot he made it too, but I knew there must have been someone drastically less deserving than Ray and so I looked it up. That is all. :P

Two articles of news today:

1: Paxon to resign as GM in Chicago.

2: Heat trade Marion & Banks to Raptors for J-O'Neal & Moon

:censored:. The Heat just got better. Dammit!

3: Bill Simmons must not watch too many Hawks games, making quotes like this:

21. Joe Johnson

Peaked as a scorer two seasons ago (25.0 ppg., 47 percent FG), but his assists are up, he has been stepping up in crunch time and his team is headed for 50 wins despite losing Josh Childress and whiffing on the Acie Law pick. Joe Johnson, I'm proud of you. Your team shouldn't be this good.

Douche. It's like people choose to forget the fact that Flip Murray & Mo Evans > Childress. We do not miss Chills at all with those 2 filling the void. He's right about whiffing on the Acie pick, though. Woodson just will not play him.

Archived