New Indy Baseball League Announced

TBGKon

Just saw this on www.ballparkdigest.com:

Jamie Toole, the former Carolina League GM who founded the South Coast League, is back in the game with plans for Super Independent Baseball.

We'll be speaking with him next week about his plans, but for now here's what he passed along in a press release regarding the country?s first National Independent Professional Baseball Organization.

?The concept for Super Independent Baseball is to afford communities throughout the country the opportunity to ?bring professional baseball home,? said Toole. ?Our league will pursue local ownership in each community we work with as we believe that this component has proven vital for the long term viability of independent baseball operations.?

More details regarding SIB including plans for a start date and the format for league play will be forthcoming.

The leagues site is http://www.superindybaseball.com/.

Interesting concept on paper, would be nice to see it work.

I just took a quick look at the division geographies and apparently Maryland can't have professional baseball.

The map on the website says Maryland teams would be based in the Heritage Division.

One other thing I should mention. WTF is with the naming conventions of the divisions? Wild West? Independence? Glory? The names alone tell me that this league won't launch, or it will launch weakly and fold soon after.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This league could work if done right.

In Florida alone, there are available venues in Vero Beach (old Dodgertown), Winter Haven (old Indians place), Tallahassee (FSU), Gainesville (UF), as well as a few other places I cant recall right now.

The sheer extravagant ambition behind this league and the fact that it's leadership already failed once are pretty large red flags in my book.

They'll only see a season if they become the ABA of baseball.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Needless to say, I've already had contact with the league about Topeka.

They said they were already talking to interested parties in Overland Park, Kansas (KC suburb).

So, they don't want a team in Topeka?!?

Topeka is an option also. Unfortunately we don't have a great facility currently. You could upgrade Falley Field at Washburn University to Pro standards, it currently sits about 800 spectators.

I think Lawrence and Manhattan are great options with their existing parks.

If Topeka can't land a team, I'd drive 25 miles to Lawrence, no problem.

Needless to say, I've already had contact with the league about Topeka.

They said they were already talking to interested parties in Overland Park, Kansas (KC suburb).

So, they don't want a team in Topeka?!?

Topeka is an option also. Unfortunately we don't have a great facility currently. You could upgrade Falley Field at Washburn University to Pro standards, it currently sits about 800 spectators.

I think Lawrence and Manhattan are great options with their existing parks.

If Topeka can't land a team, I'd drive 25 miles to Lawrence, no problem.

I call for the team to be named the Fishburnes ASAP.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived