2010 Winter Classic

raysox

Hey guys. I decided to do a Winter Classic concept today. I chose to put the game in New Yankee Stadium, and have the Rangers play the Bruins. I based my logo of this year's logo. Enjoy.

NY2010.png

Onto the jerseys. I re-made the two teams jerseys from the 1926-1927 season. It was the Rangers first year, and Bruins 4th.

NY2010Jrs.png

The Bruins jersey makes me think of KaTo's Timmy Hortons Alternate jersey.

C&C Please. I'll do another Winter Classic concept if you'd like.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pretty interesting concept. You did a great job with the main Winter Classic logo, but I think that it still looks to similar to the 2009 WC logo from Wrigley Field. Interesting choices for the jerseys, as well. Personally, I think the Rangers set was a nice choice, however, I'd rather see the Bruins use their 1980's/early 1990's jerseys. Those were beautiful!

Overall, nice set and great presentation.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Bruins jersey makes me think of KaTo's Timmy Hortons Alternate jersey.

Definitely :D

Never noticed they are that similar.

On to your concept: I love it! Great location, two great teams to play a Winter Classic and the sweaters are sweet as well.

Nice. That Logo is pretty sharp.

Btw, did you make the jersey template as well?

hahah! No, it's GhettoFarmBoy's, but he released it to the public.

oh nice. the reason I asked was because I'm looking for a template to use without someone bit ching that I stole their work haha

classic1.jpgfaturd.png

Nice. That Logo is pretty sharp.

Btw, did you make the jersey template as well?

hahah! No, it's GhettoFarmBoy's, but he released it to the public.

oh nice. the reason I asked was because I'm looking for a template to use without someone bit ching that I stole their work haha

not necessary, point was already made

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

What's crackin' everybody? I was requested on my concept blog to do another one of these. It was for a game at Invesco at Mile High, with the Aves, and the 'Yotes. I thought that I'd change it to the Aves, and Red Wings, so I did! For the logo, nothing special, I used aspects of the Avalance's logo. Enjoy.

DNV2010V.png

Anyone see the face where the ice meets the puck? Me niether.

For the jerseys, I kept the Red Wings the same. Just the fact, it's different than the current one. They've kept the same basic jersey for a long time. For the Aves, I thought I'd give a shoutout to all the hockey fans in Quebec City with a Nordiques throwback.

DNV2010Jrs.png

I might try to do Fenway, or Minnesota this weekend, but don't hold me against it.

C&C plz. :P

It's Sakic, not Sacik.

Aside from that it's refreshing to see someone do a Winter Classic concept without using 90% of this past years logo. That said though, this needs a lot of cleaning up. The general idea is there, and it's a good one but the execution is really throwing me off. Remove the bumps from the curves surrounding the logo and along the text. I'd make those mountains a bit more jagged while your at it.

As for the uniforms, clean work. However, I'd move the Nordiques crest up a tad bit it's sitting too low on the uniform and you can go ahead and get rid of the merchandise tag on the lower right, the players themselves don't wear them.

Other than the critiques this concept is off to a great start, and I'd rather see you work to improve this one than to rush onto a Fenway one.

If the Avalanche we're gonna do throwbacks, i'd get permission from the Devils, work out some kind of financial arrangment, and use the Rockies uniforms. Having the Winter Classic in Denver, and using a uniform from Quebec doesn't make a lot of sense. If they were playing outdoors against Montreal? Yes, then fine, but that's about it...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If the Avalanche we're gonna do throwbacks, i'd get permission from the Devils, work out some kind of financial arrangment, and use the Rockies uniforms. Having the Winter Classic in Denver, and using a uniform from Quebec doesn't make a lot of sense. If they were playing outdoors against Montreal? Yes, then fine, but that's about it...

^this is very much the truth.

That would be better. And also the chance of the Avs wearing the Nordiques uniforms are very very remote. The Avs have pretty much completely forgot about the Quebec days. They ignored the Nordiques retired numbers. There's hardly any trace orf the Nordiques at the arena and shops. And Denver itself doesn't even mention the Nordiques (I doubt that many people even know the Avs used to be the Nordiques). So I would be insanely surprised if they were to ever wear those uni's. Good logo and concept though.

jNTsTyQ.png

I could see the Av's possibly wearing the Nord's colors, but I just don't see that logo making an appearance. The Stars would probably do something similar. North Stars jersey and colors, Dallas Stars logo.

I could see the Av's possibly wearing the Nord's colors, but I just don't see that logo making an appearance. The Stars would probably do something similar. North Stars jersey and colors, Dallas Stars logo.

I want the 2011 Winter Classic at Target Field (home of the Twins) with the Wild playing the Stars while hosting it!

bYhYmxh.png

Archived