2010 Winter Classic

raysox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see the logo if it looked cleaner before you ran it through vector magic.

Yeah, it looked cleaner. I have updates!

DNV20102.png

the curves on the outlines were from the vectorization? of the logo.

Jerseys:

I fixed Sakic's name. No idea how I mispelled that.

I kept the Nords because the Devils own the Rockies identity, and I doubt they would get approved to use it.

DNV2010Jrsy.png

Still think that the Rockies identity should be used. Also, go with the original Colorado request that you received instead of Detriot. By doing that, it would be more of a concept. We already have seen those Detroit jerseys so all you have done with this is slap a different patch on them. Is there a reason you posted the jerseys twice too?

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I could see the Av's possibly wearing the Nord's colors, but I just don't see that logo making an appearance. The Stars would probably do something similar. North Stars jersey and colors, Dallas Stars logo.

I want the 2011 Winter Classic at Target Field (home of the Twins) with the Wild playing the Stars while hosting it!

I'd rather see it at TCF Bank Stadium. They could have a college hockey game outdoors too

2IA3b.png

I could see the Av's possibly wearing the Nord's colors, but I just don't see that logo making an appearance. The Stars would probably do something similar. North Stars jersey and colors, Dallas Stars logo.

I want the 2011 Winter Classic at Target Field (home of the Twins) with the Wild playing the Stars while hosting it!

I'd rather see it at TCF Bank Stadium. They could have a college hockey game outdoors too

The Wild and the Stars would be an interesting match-up, uniform wise. I'd be interested to see which uniforms you'd pick for each team.

jNTsTyQ.png

How about a winter classic logo for a city in Canada (where it should be!)...you could have great Winter Classic games such as:

Oilers vs. Flames

Leafs vs. Habs/Sens

Completely agree! The Habs and Sens both in barberpole jerseys would be great (but an eyesore).

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Good stuff. I too would rather see them use the Rockies - not like the Devils are doing a whole lot with it.

And just for the record, the name of the new stadium in the Bronx is "Yankee Stadium." The "New" is strictly for clarity, and once the old Yankee Stadium is gone it will be dropped.

Just a few of my ideas on the whole classic identity crisis for the avs...

Hope you don't mind my editing your concept. I just messed around with some logos on it...

To replace the white french logos (not sure what their called), I used white snow flakes which sort of fits in with the whole theme of the winter classic as well as the teams idetity.

avsclassic2.gif

I think that colorado spelled out diagonally (from their previous 3rd) gives it a classic feel, sort of like the Rangers.

avsclassic1.gif

This one is just simple. The Avs logo with Nordiques colors.

avdsnordsgif.gif

Maybe this could solve the dilema of using the rockies logo or jerseys, since the C is from Colorado's state flag, not copyrighted by the Rockies. Also I used the avs logo in nords colors on the shoulder sort of like what detroit did on their jerseys for wrigley (with or without the snowflakes)

pauliesig2.jpg

To replace the white french logos (not sure what their called), I used white snow flakes which sort of fits in with the whole theme of the winter classic as well as the teams idetity.

those 'white french logos' were 'fleurs-de-lis' by the way.

YOZXkBG.png?1

How about Senators vs Capitals? They could use the Nationals' new stadium for the game, and attract audiences from both sides ofthe border, rooting for their national capital cities. Might actually get Americans more interested in the game.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

How about Senators vs Capitals? They could use the Nationals' new stadium for the game, and attract audiences from both sides ofthe border, rooting for their national capital cities. Might actually get Americans more interested in the game.

I like that idea. The Capital Classic?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived