2010 Winter Classic

raysox

Just a few of my ideas on the whole classic identity crisis for the avs...

Hope you don't mind my editing your concept. I just messed around with some logos on it...

To replace the white french logos (not sure what their called), I used white snow flakes which sort of fits in with the whole theme of the winter classic as well as the teams idetity.

avsclassic2.gif

I think that colorado spelled out diagonally (from their previous 3rd) gives it a classic feel, sort of like the Rangers.

avsclassic1.gif

This one is just simple. The Avs logo with Nordiques colors.

avdsnordsgif.gif

Maybe this could solve the dilema of using the rockies logo or jerseys, since the C is from Colorado's state flag, not copyrighted by the Rockies. Also I used the avs logo in nords colors on the shoulder sort of like what detroit did on their jerseys for wrigley (with or without the snowflakes)

How about the 2nd jersey with the foot logo replacing the fleur de lis on the shoulders and hemline?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Dallas @ Minnesota won my poll. I have like no time this weekend. I'll get to it next week.

Green for Dallas ^_^

Green for Minnesota; White for Dallas :P

Question is, who would get the right to be the North Stars?

I was thinking.

Dallas in North Stars jerseys

Minnesota in St Paul Fightning Saints jerseys

Maybe create something off the Wild's "classic" red jersey they have, and have Dallas with something resembling both identities the franchise has had. It would be nice to see a complete jersey concept with these instead of an edge-ified classic jersey with one or two monor differences.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I started working on the Wild's retro looking jerseys. How's it look?

MIN-2.png

I didn't use a green jersey, cause the (North) Stars will have lots of green in their jersey.

C&C, I'll work on the logo tonight.

Do they really need a "retro" jersey? I'd say their current red uniform is retro enough.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm back at it again!

Out of the blue, I just decided to do this again. I've had an idea about this concept for a while, but never got it on paint. I wanted to focus on lakes for the Minnesota concept, so i made the logo a lake setting. This is just a first attempt, looking for some good ol' C&C.

min1.png

Comments appreciated.

It looks lumpy. I don't know how else to word it... I imagine that you did it on prupose, but it just doesn't look right how it is now. Maybe keep the area directly around the pond lumpy, and the outer ring more smoothed out?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Hey again. Since I got sun burnt at the beach yesterday, I've had time to do the jerseys for the Minnesota Winter classic, since I can't do much else. The Wild jersey is the same as the one I posted above. Minnesota going downward, Rangers style. The Stars jersey is a North Stars jersey from the expansion year.

WCMin.png

Yes. I know, I accidentally saved in .jpg.

If you guys are enjoying this, I can do another one.

I think everybody would want one of those North Stars jerseys and they would probably sell like hotcakes. Those jerseys are just awesome. I don't know that they could actually use them for legal reasons but I hope they could.

thecatch.jpg

I think everybody would want one of those North Stars jerseys and they would probably sell like hotcakes. Those jerseys are just awesome. I don't know that they could actually use them for legal reasons but I hope they could.

the stars most definately can. they have a sticker with the north stars logo on the zamboni, the retired numbers of the north stars in the rafters, and countless north stars logo items in the pro shops all over the metroplex.

only thing i'd change is the shoulder logo. i'd drop the dallas logo from the shoulders of the stars jersey. no shoulder logos needed. just the winter classic patch.

Archived