Favorite MiLB logo set/identity

BJBerthiaume

I love that New Hampshire Primaries stuff. That's how you market a New Hampshire team and possibly move merchandise outside of the area. I bet you could find some poli-sci majors who would just snatch that stuff up. And they went with what instead? The Fisher Cats? How many people know what a fisher cat is? I do, and it's neither a fisher nor a cat. It's just some weasel-lookin' thing. And that's what you wanna run with? New Hampshire is known for having pandering schmucks eat breakfast in lousy diners so a few strange bearded New Englanders (not all of whom are male) will vote for them. Now that I think about it, I guess weasel-lookin' things encapsulate New Hampshire fauna and political traditions at once. Changed my mind. Good move with the Fisher Cats, guys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

long as some are listing, I'll list mine by level:

AAA

5-Lehigh Valley IronPigs

4-Indianapolis Indians

3-Durham Bulls

2-Las Vegas 51's

1-Toledo Mud Hens

AA

5-Altoona Curve

4-Chattanooga Lookouts

3-West Tenn Diamond Jaxx

2-Trenton Thunder

1-Tulsa Drillers

A (more A leagues=top 10 instead of top 5)

10-Rome Braves

9-Burlington Bees

8-Rancho Cucamonga Quakes

7-Billings Mustangs

6-Great Falls Voyagers

5-Lancaster JetHawks

4-Cedar Rapids Kernels

3-Lake Elsinore Storm

2-Charlotte Stone Crabs

1-Brooklyn Cyclones

Defunct

5-Columbus Catfish

4-Rockford Cubbies

3-Mudville Nine

2-Vero Beach Dodgers

1-Orlando Cubs

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

By the way, the Mudville Nine logo package is not technically retired...it's just on hiatus.

What are you trying to say?

I too would like to know. Loved that set, would be thrilled to see it return. But Stockton doesn't own it anymore, and I don't know how interested the Visalia Rawhide is in bringing it back.

Do you know anything about texas tan being completely phased out? I can understand the addition of silver, yeah, I think it sucks, but I'm interested to see what the Bulls do with it. But if we've got some texas tan I could understand the addition of silver.

I dunno, I love the Bulls more than any other baseball team, minor league or major league. Oh well.

Well, the home hats aren't going on sale, so they're not COMPLETELY eliminating Texas Tan. I for one wish they would bring the Texas Tan road caps back.

One of my favorites is my hometown Barnstormers.

LancasterBarnstormers.PNG

I actually don't like the hometown 'Stormers look. I've grown to like the name "Barnstormers", but I still don't get how the logo has nothing to do with airplanes. It's a barn with an awkward cursive/not-cursive wordmark going across.

I do, however, like the cap logo:

Barnstormers_Cap_Logo.PNG

I actually don't like the hometown 'Stormers look. I've grown to like the name "Barnstormers", but I still don't get how the logo has nothing to do with airplanes. It's a barn with an awkward cursive/not-cursive wordmark going across.

Glad to see another 'Stormers fan on the board. The "Barnstormers" name in Lancaster County's case doesn't refer to the aviation-type barnstormers, but the traveling pro baseball players of the early 1900s. It is a combined homage to Lancaster County's agricultural heritage and to the nostalgia of baseball's Golden Years.

Union.png

By the way, the Mudville Nine logo package is not technically retired...it's just on hiatus.

I too would like to know. Loved that set, would be thrilled to see it return. But Stockton doesn't own it anymore, and I don't know how interested the Visalia Rawhide is in bringing it back.

Reliable sources have said repeatedly that under the right circumstances, the Nine logo package may come back. Yes, Visalia's owners own the rights to the name and identity, and yes, they still sell Nine-branded merchandise. But nothing is imminent.

Put it this way...this is alot like Monte Python...the Nine may not have arms or legs, but it's also "not quite dead yet."

Cards.png

Glad to see another 'Stormers fan on the board. The "Barnstormers" name in Lancaster County's case doesn't refer to the aviation-type barnstormers, but the traveling pro baseball players of the early 1900s. It is a combined homage to Lancaster County's agricultural heritage and to the nostalgia of baseball's Golden Years.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the team, per se, but I attend a handful of games during the season. I'm just a baseball fan in general. I didn't know there was another kind of barnstormer, other than the whole airplane show thing. Regardless, I don't like the primary logo.

Reliable sources have said repeatedly that under the right circumstances, the Nine logo package may come back. Yes, Visalia's owners own the rights to the name and identity, and yes, they still sell Nine-branded merchandise. But nothing is imminent.

Put it this way...this is alot like Monte Python...the Nine may not have arms or legs, but it's also "not quite dead yet."

Wonder if they're selling more Mudville jerseys than Visalia ones?

Archived