NBC Revamped Graphics for Super Bowl

Old School Fool

First, let me say I love the new graphics. It looks like what the original package should have looked like.

One really random thing I noticed, though. When the Steelers were up 20-14, and they did the big scorebug to go to commercial, the 20 didn't line up vertically with the 14 like it should. I don't have a picture, but it bugged the heck out of me. It almost looked like the "20" and the "14" were in different fonts. (Maybe they were)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

First, let me say I love the new graphics. It looks like what the original package should have looked like.

One really random thing I noticed, though. When the Steelers were up 20-14, and they did the big scorebug to go to commercial, the 20 didn't line up vertically with the 14 like it should. I don't have a picture, but it bugged the heck out of me. It almost looked like the "20" and the "14" were in different fonts. (Maybe they were)

picture1yk0.png

i honestly have no idea how you would be bothered by that...

I saw that too! Just about to mention it. I can't believe you remembered the score ^_^

And the screenshot confirms it. Ouch.

Saw a few minutes of the old Super Bowls NFL Network had on over the last couple of weeks. It's a real eye-opener to go back and look at THOSE graphics. Compared to today, they look like something a high school art class threw together. And it was the state of the art back then. :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wow, I didn't even notice. How about that. It looks much better, though, making the old stuff seem primitive in ways it didn't seem when it was in use.

The John Williams music wasn't improved, though. Made it worse. "Let's take an orchestral piece and make it rawk!" is the sort of swing-and-miss I'd expect in the year 2000!, but NBC should know better than to tamper with its John Williams library. Let's put a killer solo in the Nightly News music while we're at it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The new look didn't carry over for the NHL on NBC or Pro Bowl today. I'm guessing we won't see it again until either the US Open at Bethpage, Stanley Cup Playoffs/Finals, or the start of the NFL season next year

I would say Stanley cup Finals we will see the updated graphics adn I hope not a revised NHL on NBC theme

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived