Michael Phelps- WHAT A DOPE

scottysprings

Well, Americans should be grateful he was using the bong AFTER the Olympics, not before. Let's see Bill Curitis smoke more weed than Phelps. ^_^

"I'm Bill Kurtis and I've found that Marijuana is really cool."

In all honesty, it's the freakin' NEWS OF THE WORLD. Anyone should be aware of the paper's factual inaccuracies(on most stories, not this one) that bring it ridicule. Of course is Freddie Starr is reading this, lay down with the hamsters OK.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But when an NBA or NFL player says he smokes weed, y'all give him all kinds of :censored:.

Interesting.

"Mikey, you smoke all the weed you want. Rickey, you're the biggest douche alive for wanting to smoke weed. Josh Howard is a moron for smoking weed...all those NBA guys are thugs!"

Oh I totally agree with you. There is a sense of hypocrisy when it comes to sports. There has to be some kind of uniform rule for professional sports and recreational drugs. Hopefully it would be uniform with something that is decided for amateur ranks too.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

But when an NBA or NFL player says he smokes weed, y'all give him all kinds of :censored:.

Interesting.

"Mikey, you smoke all the weed you want. Rickey, you're the biggest douche alive for wanting to smoke weed. Josh Howard is a moron for smoking weed...all those NBA guys are thugs!"

Well, may I point out that that :censored: gets you suspended in those leagues. Which kind of harms the teams. That might be a reason to be upset with them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

perhaps i wrote that poorly. I wasnt intending to make a doctor knows best statement, as much as if it can be concieved to have a positive use, why thereforare we not allowed to self medicate? Is it even possible to overdose on it? All the laws we dont agree on tend to derive from people who want conformity to what they belive is the best way to exsist. I guess im just waiting for an example of the negative outward effect pot has on society. That also of which the other accepted drugs cannot lay claim to.

I also disagree with the statement that most professional athletes have cloudy personal lives because of the evidence in books. News of this nature in relation to the personal lives of athletes has to be UNusual to make it newsworthy. If Joe Schmoe has an uneventful off the field life, he's still out there, you just dont hear about it. Id be willing to guess for every 9 guys like Joe, there's one guy doing something news worthy.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

I guess im just waiting for an example of the negative outward effect pot has on society.

Have some good friends become frequent users of it and you'll see a negative effect it has.

I didn't say most, but a good portion have some shady sides to them. Not everyone is a Josh Hamilton or a John Kordic, but a lot of guys who have addictions to other things don't always come to light to the public. But when they do, they can ruin a career, like that of Bill Lee or Theo Fleury.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Interesting.

Well, may I point out that that :censored: gets you suspended in those leagues. Which kind of harms the teams. That might be a reason to be upset with them.

Exactly. Look, I think smoking a lot of weed is dumb, either way.

But there's a difference, one, in some of those guys levels of maturity (or where they should be), and, two, as mentioned, that's against their league rules, so yes, they're stupid as hell for doing it.

You always yell at people for calling players "thugs", but I've never seen that used after a weed smoking incident. Those tend to come after shootings, beatings, etc.

For instance, I've personally never seen Ricky Williams called a thug. A dumbass? Sure. But not a thug.

People still care about Michael Phelps and what he does?

What's that mean?

It's been a few months since baseball season. Do you still care about the Yankees (or whoever)?

Michael Phelps accomplished one of the greatest feats in sports history, and he did it with a Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods like drive and will to win.

It was truly phenomenal and not something I'll ever forget.

I still go back and watch the 4x100 Free Relay where the Americans defeated the French every couple weeks. That's not so much Phelps as Lezak and the team, but that's how big what Phelps did was. It's one of those moments you can watch all the time and not get sick of it.

Have some good friends become frequent users of it and you'll see a negative effect it has.

ok, but what makes it different then other drugs, to then deem it necessary to make it illegal. Im sorry about your friends, but they still should have the right to make those choices. I personally enjoy pot, but I do tire of it, and wont smoke it for awhile. I feel more then responsible enough to make my own decisions about it. I have had nothing but plesant experiences with people while using it, observing others without, which is MUCH more then I can say for alcohol.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

ok, but what makes it different then other drugs, to then deem it necessary to make it illegal. Im sorry about your friends, but they still should have the right to make those choices. I personally enjoy pot, but I do tire of it, and wont smoke it for awhile. I feel more then responsible enough to make my own decisions about it. I have had nothing but plesant experiences with people while using it, observing others without, which is MUCH more then I can say for alcohol.

Both are addictive, both can have very negative effects. Of course you are going to have a good time with other pot heads when you are all high. On the other hand, being around them while sober isn't the most pleasant experience. Neither is knowing people who have not touched in awhile but act as though they just smoked up. Like alcohol and other, more 'hard' drugs, it is just an expensive way to leave reality because people can't deal with the monotony and troubles of life. It is no surprise some of the top students in my high school were all pot heads because they were bored. They had marks which they didn't have to work hard for and were having things handed to them. A kid I used to babysit is in the same situation and began doing this at 13. If you aren't being challenged, you don't seem to care, and this is how he has been for the past 3 years. It is just a stupid escape.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Both are addictive, both can have very negative effects. Of course you are going to have a good time with other pot heads when you are all high. On the other hand, being around them while sober isn't the most pleasant experience. Neither is knowing people who have not touched in awhile but act as though they just smoked up. Like alcohol and other, more 'hard' drugs, it is just an expensive way to leave reality because people can't deal with the monotony and troubles of life. It is no surprise some of the top students in my high school were all pot heads because they were bored. They had marks which they didn't have to work hard for and were having things handed to them. A kid I used to babysit is in the same situation and began doing this at 13. If you aren't being challenged, you don't seem to care, and this is how he has been for the past 3 years. It is just a stupid escape.

In that case, Phelps should become a CCSLC member ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

In that case, Phelps should become a CCSLC member ^_^

Maybe he already is... Clyon... are you Michael Phelps???

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Interesting.

Hate to agree with Jigga, but the man is right.

Maybe it's the 14 gold medals that soften his image with everyone. It's well documented that if you are a beloved champion, you are treated much kinder by the public. I remember when the story broke about Michael Jordan's gambling issues, and the people didn't care, so the story went away. same will happen here.

Regular Athlete: Do something wrong and you're admonished for years

Beloved Champion: Eh... it's ok. Leave him alone.

It ain't right, but it is how it is.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Interesting.

Exactly. The only thing that this hurts outside of Phelps' image is Phelps' wallet from the endorsements that he will lose.

If a player on a team smokes something or does something stupid, he gets suspended, misses games, and it adversely affects the rest of the team, which causes everybody to get pissed off with Dopeboy Fresh. Unless they try to take some medals from him for doing this, or they suspend him from whatever relay team he's on, the majority of people probably couldn't give a damn about him hitting the bong every once in a while.

I just think the British are jealous so they had to invade his privacy in order to get this pic.

But, it's still a dumb idea to light it up.

Well the Brits weren't at the party. It was some yahoo with a cell phone camera. My question is this pic has been around since November, and NOW it shows up! In a UK tabloid? What is up with that. I guess the economy has hit the "hey have I got a photo for you" market pretty hard. I am just puzzled that a US tabloid didn't jump at it first.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I just think the British are jealous so they had to invade his privacy in order to get this pic.

As much as it's hilarious that "the British" all ganged together to get Michael Phelps, we were pretty happy with the number of medals we won at the Olympics.

Phelps isn't that much of a big deal over here.

Yea I think this is total BS.

I love how Randy Moss can come out and say "I smoke weed once in a blue moon" (or whatever he said) and nothing happened to him at all.

Then theres 23 year old Phelps who may lose millions because of it. I think it's crap.

I really don't see why it is illegal. Cigerettes are just as bad, or worse, for your body, and alcohol has just as bad effects, if not worse.

So why is it illegal? Why not have laws similar to alcohol/cigerette laws, only for weed?

I've never smoked weed or cigerettes in my life, but 85% of my friends have, and honestly I'd rather them smoke weed than cigerettes.

Just my opinion.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Let him do what he wants.

Short of killing a stripper with a crowbar, that is...

But killing a stripper with a gun is perfectly fine, of course.

Although I don't want to get too much into my political beliefs, I think that marijuana should be illegal (as it already is) and that Phelps should be penalized accordingly (whatever the current laws are). It was stupid for him to do this at a party with people that are all drooling over him, etc. Of course someone was going to take a picture! What did he expect?

I don't think it should be as big a deal as they are making of it though. He's doing this on his "vacation time." Many other 23-year-olds do the same thing every day, but because he is known as a celebrity they make it out like he is a bad person or something.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

There has to be some kind of uniform rule for professional sports and recreational drugs.

Yeah, if you're gonna smoke a bowl, you better be showing some stirrup.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived