NBA Europa [senior thesis]

Conrad.

The new royals and crowns logso are amazing. I love all the hidden aspects of the royals one but it is so simple at the same time. The crowns are very nice being simplified like too. I also really like the aggressiveness that you added to the bears logo. The four new ones are also very nice! Great job and good luck.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Starke logo is a huge improvement. The font really brings it all together. The partial and secondary logos look great as well. The second batch of East logos look really nice as well. This project is really coming along. Great job Conrad.

jNTsTyQ.png

Really like the Beogradski one, very nice.

The others are too boring for me. They all are the same thing essentially, a basketball (or bball pattern) with a small aspect of the primary logo. Use your creativity instead of just a ball and an object together for each team.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Really like the Beogradski one, very nice.

The others are too boring for me. They all are the same thing essentially, a basketball (or bball pattern) with a small aspect of the primary logo. Use your creativity instead of just a ball and an object together for each team.

Couldn't agree more. I think you can keep one or two of them(Belgrade and Berlin) but the rest need to be replaced with more creative logos. I'd try looking into the area's flag or seal, or just having a different take on the primary to make the secondary. Just like you did with Berlin and Belgrade, just take don't use a basketball again.

Ditch the basketball pattern on the secondary horse logo. Looks pointless. Other than that, great work.

yeah i felt like i forced it a bit there...where do you think I could fit in some kind of bball reference? or does the logoset need a bball reference at all?

Thats the thing I don't like about some of your logos. They seem like they all have a hidden bball somewhere. Really, they don't ALL need one. Just go with what you think looks good and don't think, hey where can I put the bball in this logo. Everything seems to be coming along great though!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Hey Conrad, loving the uniform sets so far.

Quick thought on the Royals secondary logos. Quite like the shield with basketball pattern on it. The Big Ben logo looks more like a pen nib being held up to the sky to me. But even still if the team is called the Royals, it seems odd to have Big Ben, a recognisable symbol of the parliamentary building, as a logo? (I did like the sword through the basketball thing mind!) But I think the logo set needs something to connect it to the 'Royals' name IMO.

But generally great work so far.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I love everything about the uniforms generally so far. The logos above the names on the back are too big, which makes the names look too small, but thats about it. Do not change anything about the Stockholm set design-wise. The colors look a little awkward on the jerseys. I would say make the numbers like the side-stripes. Home=Blue on Yellow on Black, Away=Yellow on Black on White. The Berlin uniforms look great. No need to worry about busyness. I think the Vilinius uniforms need a Green away jersey rather than Black. Why not? Green is the main side stripe color on the home, and no other team will be wearing Green. Also, I would say find a way to work a little more Yellow into the jersey. It is only on the wordmarks, logos, numbers, and collar. BTW, for all uniforms I would make either a home or away jersey you are happy with, copy it within your Illustrator document and change the wordmarks on the front, then lock everything in the document except that new uniform. Then select the main jersey color and do Select>Same>Fill color...then pick a new color, whichever one is going to be the other uniform's main color. Then lock those items you just changed. Select the next color and do the same thing, and so on. This assures that the side stripes won't be the same color as the numbers on the home uniform, but the same color as the number outlines in the away uniform. It just makes more sense to me and seems to make the jerseys seem like a complete cohesive package. Try it out if you know what I mean.

Lookin good dude, but one thing about the Belgrade one, the road jersey would not say Beogradski. It would just say BEOGRAD. And what number font is that? Jerseys look great man, all of em.

And what LMU meant is that Serbia also uses Cyrillic font (like Russia). I think the latin font is fine, but if you want you can also throw in some Cyrillic. Look good man, keep it up!

Archived