Sharks 7th Man Award

Puckguy14

So it is completely official...even if they spelled my name with a "C" (its Erik, for those who don't know.)

I hate it when people do that. I'm also Erik with a "k". My own family spells it wrong sometimes. It's even worse when my editors get it wrong on my byline at the newspaper.

Sorry to go off topic.

Back on, Puckguy should be proud of his accomplishments as a fan. I'm sure the team appreciates it. Congrats.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gould was chosen from among 30 team winners by an expert panel of ABC and CBC hockey analyst John Davidson; ESPN announcer Linda Cohn; TSN hockey analyst Pierre McGuire; actress/hockey fan Whoopi Goldberg; entertainer and hockey enthusiast Denis Leary; last year?s 7th Man Award winner Roger Farina; and NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.

Puckguy, you got tipped off. Let's look at the "expert panel" and see what they know about hockey let alone, what it takes to be a hockey fan.

1. John Davidson- He works for the Rangers so he hasn't seen real hockey for a few years now.

2. Linda Cohn- She workd for ESPNBA, nuff said

3. Pierre McGuire- Ok, this guy knows hockey but what does he know about being a fan he watches the games from his fancy studios. (I had a hard time thinking of something)

4. Whoopi Goldberg- Now this is serious. Last year during the playoffs she went to the Devils ECF and Stanley Cup finals game, she sat a a section over from me. Even though she went went to the games a narrated the cup video she is know hockey fan. She left each game after the 2nd perion. No hockey fan leaves after the 2nd period!!!!

5. Denis Leary- Well, he is an A$$hole, so what does he know.

6. Last year's winner- Ok, he knows what he talking about.

7. Gary Bettman- It's long been established that Gary Bettman knows nothing about hockey.

That makes 1 out of 7 judges, that actually knows what they are judging.

:D:D

Sorry, Puckguy. :cry: I was rooting for you.

Dennis Leary may be an a$$hole, but I would say he does know hockey. I believe he did play growing up (he was born and raised in the Boston area). He organized and participates in a huge charity hockey tournament every year which raises over $500,000 for the Leary Firefighters Fund. This charity raises money for families of injured and killed firefighters. He started it after his cousin was one of 6 firemen killed in a warehouse fire in Worcester, MA in December 1999.

soory to be a killjoy. Puckguy, you got screwed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Dennis Leary may be an a$$hole, but I would say he does know hockey. I believe he did play growing up (he was born and raised in the Boston area). He organized and participates in a huge charity hockey tournament every year which raises over $500,000 for the Leary Firefighters Fund. This charity raises money for families of injured and killed firefighters. He started it after his cousin was one of 6 firemen killed in a warehouse fire in Worcester, MA in December 1999.

soory to be a killjoy. Puckguy, you got screwed.

It was a joke, the only serious one was Whoopi, (that stuff was true) and maybe Gary Bettman :D:D. I said the Denis Leary won becuase he sang "I'm an A$$hole".

let's give Leary the benefit of the doubt make it 2/7 knowledgeable about hockey :)

I agree, Bettman doesn't know anything about hockey except how to ruin it.

Whoopi? Last time I saw her, she was coaching the Knicks.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

While I was down about 5pm PT (knowing the woman from Minnesota was about to do her puck drop), I was thrilled to get this in the mail today. MADE MY DAY!

http://members.aol.com/puckguy14/NHLletter.jpg

Address blured to prevent stalkers!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

im surprised Satan... i mean Betteman.. didnt sign it in blood... :D

ROFLMAO :lol:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• 3 weeks later...

Archived