An early tatste of baseball err beisbol

NJTank

MLB Network is showing the Caribbean World Series, if this means they will also show the Japanese World Series that would rock. Any way I am posting this for people who may not know, its on two times a day with a game on at 5 and 9 pm EST. Right now Dominica is Playing Mexico, and its a back and forth slugfest.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm not saying that I wouldn't love to see the Japanese Series. I use to stay up and watch Japanese games at 2 AM Pacific on a local channel back in 2000 on Saturdays. Yes it was broadcast in Japanese, but it was Japanese baseball.

MLB's not on Dish Network, are they?

No its not. Nail number 2 in the coffin that says I really need to cancel Dish and get Direct. It was great for almost 2 years, then two things within a month (no freakin' local HD channels and no MLB network) make me regret signing that 18 month agreement or whatever.

Stupid.

How is MLB Network, by the way? Is it everything I've dreamed it could be? I'm sure it'll be really great once pitchers and catchers report.

Yes. And then some. (It's even a little Red Sox heavy in the World Series highlights department. :D ) The "Prime 9" program is pretty cool. It's just getting started so there isn't a lot of programming yet but the stuff that's on so far has been top notch.

BB52Big.jpg

I hope they do show the other world series. I've wanted to watch them, its just never really been that easy...but now it might be...it would be a great opportunity for us close-minded americans (lol) to get a look at the talent over seas.

BobbySig.png

The only reason I would order MLB network is to cope with insomnia. Didn't they also just hire the "Sports God Himself" Bob Costas? If so that's the nail in the coffin for me as far as that channel goes.

God, I can't wait for the MLB to get started.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Venezuela won the thing.

With that said, that only reminded me of one of my favorite moments in the history of this great game we call baseball: 2006 Caribbean Series, Venezuela vs. Dominican Republic. Bottom of the 9th, tie game 1 out, man on first...a routine pop up. Aybar from the DR loses track of the ball, and it ends up hitting him on top of the head and going into the outfield. The game ends, Venezuela wins the Caribbean Series, and their fans go APE SH-T.

Baseball is great.

Archived