Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

The Rangers set is very good but I don't know if I would like them wearing that. And the only reason for that is they'd be another team with red being the main color. I think they should stay mainly blue.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rangers set is very good but I don't know if I would like them wearing that. And the only reason for that is they'd be another team with red being the main color. I think they should stay mainly blue.

Yeah, because there's not enough of those teams already :P

I actually agree with you though, PhilliesPhan, but for this reason: The Rangers are a team that seem to have made red, white and blue inseparable from their identity. Though some see it as pretentious, they are named after the entire state and the state flag is one of their secondary logos. When I think of Texas colors (even though they may not be official) I think of red, white and blue.

Bigmike, while I like your redesign, I don't think the colors would fly. (And that's a shame, because MLB does not really need any more red, white and blue teams!)

bump, I would like some more comments on both the Rangers and the Reds, if I hear more thoughts I may switch the Rangers back to Red and Blue but I like the new colors so I would have to hear alot of complaints.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

#16 New York Mets: Okay I guess Im going to pass on blue for the Rangers, I knew it was a stretch but I think everyone (who commented) liked the concept anyway. I moved on to the Mets, this is a concept Ive been wanting to do forever, I just had to figure out how I wanted to do the jerseys and I had to re-create the "New York" Script which isnt easy especially using paint, I tried to re-create something similar to this, even though I tweaked the N some. The piping is very unique as well but I well get to all of this in the presentation.

Logo Sheet: Okay the Colors are the same except I took the cream color from their recent uniform concepts and replaced white with it. I like their current primary, no need to change it really so I kept it and replace white with cream once again, then you can see the new Road Script, I like their Home Scripts, so I wanted their road script to be similar. I kept the NY logo, its too classic to throw out, and I made a new Alt. Hat, with an outlined NY and orange bill.

MetsLogoSheet.png

ST/BP Uniform Set: Well I got some BPs done this time, they are much tougher to do when you don't template the whole league, I will get to doing teams that I havent done sometime. These uniforms are kind of a mix between the old jerseys and the ones I made for the concept. I thought about doing a blue one but I decided just to stick with orange, and it feat. the NY logo on it.

MetsBPUniform.png

Home/Away Uniform Set: The jerseys feature new piping, its a triple stripe piping which references to their early 80's uniforms, its hard to explain what the piping does exactly, but it is very easy to see :D, I'm sure this has been used before but its unique and the first time I've used it. The primary is used as a sleeve patch. Oh and the Home uniform is cream of course.

MetsRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Uniform Set: Well the alternates feat. the same piping, I have always liked the thought of an orange alt for the Mets, so that is their Home alt. although it would usually be worn on only day games and Sunday Home games. The Blue jersey is the away alternate, not to much to say about it, both would be worn with the alt. hat.

MetsAltUniformSet.png

Thats all for the Mets, I'll probably do the Mariners next although I have been working on the Royals some.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Lovin this Mets set. Right off the bat, the cream looks great. You did a great job executing that idea. The bp uni looks good, not much to it. The striping is good. I like the home and road. The cream looks really good. The triple stripe design looks good for the Mets as well. The only thing is that stripe down the middle of the jersey. It distracts me because it is not centered or on both sides. I love the new New York script you made. It looks perfect and it fits well with everything else. Both alt. jerseys look great. The blue is classic looking and I like the orange. I also really like that alternate cap. Overall, great job on the Mets!

Once again, great work. I love the New York script, and while I miss the pinstripes this look is much cleaner. Not a fan of the orange alt, although the BP is pretty nice; the alt is just too garish to work. I'm intrigued by the placket piping; unique, as you said, but I think that if you made it just one royal blue line of piping it would look better. Nice job! Can't wait for the next one...

scotland_fifasig.png

Archived