Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

Thanks for all the comments guys, all-in-all I think the Tigers concept was a success, but I'm going to go back and see how their current Hat 'D' Logo looks with the rest of the set like elliot suggested. But for now I have already finished the Cubs set so Im going to go ahead and post it.

#3 Chicago Cubs: The Cubs have a preety nice set, and I like it but I feel it could use some tweaks. Im not sure everyone will like this set as much as the Braves and Tigers but we'll see what yall think. Remember click on the Bold Links to see the Concepts.

Logo Sheet: For the Primary I got the idea from my cousin the other day, well he was wearing a Cub's hat with the Cub head inside a Red Circle, this logo to be exact. This has probably been done before but I like the way it looks with the Cub head inside the C. I also made it the Logo for thier new Sunday Home Alt, and it doubles as the BP/Spring Training Uniform Logo.

Home/Away Uniforms: The Home uniforms are the same except the Hat has a Red brim, because I always liked that hat, I reversed the Number Colors too, made them red with blue outline and also put names on the back of the Jerseys. For the Away, I put a Red outline around the Chicago Wordmark on the Jersey, also gave it the red-brimmed hat. I made the numbers Blue w/red outline to match the Wordmark on the Front.

Home/Away Action Shots

Sunday Home Alt./ BP & ST: For the Home Alt. I used the Cubs script that used to be featured on the Away uniforms, For the Batting Practice/Spring Training Uniform I only did one because a Red Cubs Jersey doesnt really look good to me. For the BP I couldnt really do anything like the Braves abd Tigers, but I saw the retro slipovers they used to wear and thought it might look good, but I used the new primary logo on the Jersey instead of the C logo w/ cubs inside it. I also added a stripe down the side of the jersey to match the sleeve trim. I might take of the Color Stripes but that's up to yall.

Sunday Alt./ BP & ST Action

Well let me know what yall think, the next team will likely be the Rays or Red Sox.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part of your concepts so far are the Sunday alts. I would like you attempt a team that doesn't have so much history, because in these ones, the primaries are all basically going untouched. Just outlines here and there. I would like to see something completely new, know what I mean? I say go with the Rays, because there is a lot of room for creativity.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The best part of your concepts so far are the Sunday alts. I would like you attempt a team that doesn't have so much history, because in these ones, the primaries are all basically going untouched. Just outlines here and there. I would like to see something completely new, know what I mean? I say go with the Rays, because there is a lot of room for creativity.

Yep Im going for a Rebrand for the Rays, except the colors will be kept just used differently. After the Rays I will do another NL team maybe the Marlins, becuase I will likely Rebrand them as well and Im trying to alternate concepts between the AL and NL, thanks for the comments BJ, Throwback and TrueYankee, keep em' comin guys.

Very good in a lot of respects, Mike, but I can't endorse the red numbers on the homes, the red belts, or the red brim. Cubs = blue. You have to play up the blue. I like that you got the road uniforms right and used blue trimmed in red there. Why can't the real Cubs figure this out? I can take or leave the front number. It doesn't bother me that it's there, but it's not something that really needs to be there. I don't like the Cuba script at all, and it's not as if anyone's clamoring for a reminder of the Tom Trebelhorn years. Overall, I like your concept.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Very good in a lot of respects, Mike, but I can't endorse the red numbers on the homes, the red belts, or the red brim. Cubs = blue. You have to play up the blue. I like that you got the road uniforms right and used blue trimmed in red there. Why can't the real Cubs figure this out? I can take or leave the front number. It doesn't bother me that it's there, but it's not something that really needs to be there. I don't like the Cuba script at all, and it's not as if anyone's clamoring for a reminder of the Tom Trebelhorn years. Overall, I like your concept.

Thanks, I may go back and change all of the belts to blue and the Home numbers/names, but I would like to keep some red in there so I think I will keep the Hat, I will post an updated Logo Set to the Tigers tommarow, and I will have a Tampa Bay Rays Rebrand up sometime this weekend.

Well I said I would get an update on the Tigers, and I have one, I used the D that is on the real hat. So I brought that D back and also updated the secondary logos with it. If yall like this D better than I will update all of the uniforms as well.

Tigers Updated Logo Sheet

Whole Set will be updated later today!

It's a valiant effort, but sorry, I'm not feeling this. First of all, the scripts, they are either handwritten or font, but either way, it looks weird if you are trying for a script. The last few letters of "Rays" are really awkwardly connected and don't flow well. The edges look messy too. Same thing goes for the Tampa Bay script. The TB logo is good in terms of consistency with the script, but just like the current cap logo, it is just too stand alone letters, which is not the way to go. They should be interlocked somehow. The sun burst is really an awful logo, not your fault, it's just not good looking and lopsided, and doesn't belong in the set. Also the lack of a real primary logo/crest is bothersome. I think you need to go back to the drawing board on the logos and scripts. The yellow is used a lot, which I like, the problem is that you can't see it. It doesn't show up at all against light blue, creating a blurred look, and is hard to see next to navy, too. Finally I don't like the yellow bp, simply because, like I said before, you can't really see the yellow throughout the rest of the set, and then with this jersey, it just hits you in the face. It's too much yellow out of nowhere. I can see you put a lot of effort into this, which is great, but I think the final result just looks really unprofessional and more minor-league.

I agree with elliott on most of what he said. No offense, but the scripts look sloppy, fuzzy, and unprofessional. The home and road sets are decent, but the yellow doesn't stand out, there's not enough navy on the homes to complement the brim of the cap, and the basic design is kind of boring. As for the BP jerseys, the yellow is (as elliott said) really, really jarring and out of place, and I don't like the side panels. Go with something more sleek, and don't go with a yellow jersey. Then we come to the Sunday alt, which is by far my favorite part. Well conceived and well done. There's a nice balance of colors on that; try to make the rest of them look more like it (easier said than done, right?). And the cap is nice on the alt as well. All in all, interesting idea, but the execution isn't there, the balance of colors isn't so hot, and the scripts aren't so good. Put a little more thought and originality into it, and you're set.

scotland_fifasig.png

It's a valiant effort, but sorry, I'm not feeling this. First of all, the scripts, they are either handwritten or font, but either way, it looks weird if you are trying for a script. The last few letters of "Rays" are really awkwardly connected and don't flow well. The edges look messy too. Same thing goes for the Tampa Bay script. The TB logo is good in terms of consistency with the script, but just like the current cap logo, it is just too stand alone letters, which is not the way to go. They should be interlocked somehow. The sun burst is really an awful logo, not your fault, it's just not good looking and lopsided, and doesn't belong in the set. Also the lack of a real primary logo/crest is bothersome. I think you need to go back to the drawing board on the logos and scripts. The yellow is used a lot, which I like, the problem is that you can't see it. It doesn't show up at all against light blue, creating a blurred look, and is hard to see next to navy, too. Finally I don't like the yellow bp, simply because, like I said before, you can't really see the yellow throughout the rest of the set, and then with this jersey, it just hits you in the face. It's too much yellow out of nowhere. I can see you put a lot of effort into this, which is great, but I think the final result just looks really unprofessional and more minor-league.

Thanks for the Comment, I think your right that I do need to just go back to the drawing board, I tried for something original by making the script, I tried to work hard on it and make it look good but your right that look's very sloppy, I think for this reason I am just going to throw it out and work on a New Script for the concept, I may go back and use the script they have now. So for now looks like Im just going to start over, Thanks for noticing the effort and not being too harsh about the concept.

I agree with elliott on most of what he said. No offense, but the scripts look sloppy, fuzzy, and unprofessional. The home and road sets are decent, but the yellow doesn't stand out, there's not enough navy on the homes to complement the brim of the cap, and the basic design is kind of boring. As for the BP jerseys, the yellow is (as elliott said) really, really jarring and out of place, and I don't like the side panels. Go with something more sleek, and don't go with a yellow jersey. Then we come to the Sunday alt, which is by far my favorite part. Well conceived and well done. There's a nice balance of colors on that; try to make the rest of them look more like it (easier said than done, right?). And the cap is nice on the alt as well. All in all, interesting idea, but the execution isn't there, the balance of colors isn't so hot, and the scripts aren't so good. Put a little more thought and originality into it, and you're set.

Well I was going for originality and thought in this, that's why I made new scripts and a new logo, and with only paint, it is harder to create the professional looking logos that some people (like elliot) make. I know you understand this though because you hand-draw your football concepts which are amazing btw. I think after I did the Sunday Alt. I was ready to go through with this but after going back and looking at the Home and Aways, I can see that none of the colors really pop on any of the uniforms except the Sunday Home.

So all-in-all looks like Im just going to start from stratch on this set, Im going to try and come up with a TB logo interlocking like elliot said and try and incorperate something more in there. Any ideas on how to tie Yellow, Powder Blue, and Navy together better? I could try and do some vest or different piping but I would love to hear ideas. Im going to keep it posted for now just so everyone can see the original and hopefully see that an update will look much better. I've just started working on the San Diego Padres, instead of the Marlins, and I really like how the start of the Padres set is coming so I think I will post them next and start re-working the Rays after.

Thanks again for the C&C guys, I will have a much better update for the Rays hopefully.

Elliot and logocruncher summed up my thoughts, this is a good try though man. ^_^

wtf.jpg

???

Moving aside from that, Im taking the Rays completely down, I will work on a concept for them later in the series and just start from scratch, the next team is going to be the Padres, and I can assure you it will be much better then the Rays. Hopefully I will have it posted tonight.

Elliot and logocruncher summed up my thoughts, this is a good try though man. ^_^

wtf.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Just playing.

I know yall are just messing around but could yall please quit, I realize the concept wasn't very good but I was trying for something different, I would appreciate it if yall would stop and take these pictures off of the thread so that they will not get in the way of the concepts.

wtf.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Just playing.

I know yall are just messing around but could yall please quit, I realize the concept wasn't very good but I was trying for something different, I would appreciate it if yall would stop and take these pictures off of the thread so that they will not get in the way of the concepts.

I think patsox's facepalm was aimed toward TrueYankees comment and not your concept bigmike. I'm not really sure what TrueYankee's facepalm was about though. :blink:

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

wtf.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Just playing.

I think patsox's facepalm was aimed toward TrueYankees comment and not your concept bigmike. I'm not really sure what TrueYankee's facepalm was about though. :blink:

Yeah Im not mad about it and I know they were messin around and doin that to each other but I just dont want them to do it anymore so we can focus on the concepts. I am putting the finishing touches on the Padres right now, after I post it I will post the updates to the Tigers and Cubs, Also I was doodlin around in Math and came up with some logos that will look alot better for the Rays than what I came up with, I may keep the Font they use for their wordmarks but I have come up with a couple logos so the Rays will be after the Padres.

Archived