Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

Things I don't like for the Yankees' set:

The grey/silver cap on the Spring Training set. It's not attractive and it's just gratuitous to have 5 different official hats.

The entire throwback uniform- their regular jerseys already look like throwbacks... why bother?

The silver-logo'd cap- also gratuitous.

The way the 'Y' gets lost on the edge of the primary logo. I do like that you lost a lot of the red in the logo, but you need to re-work the 'Y' so that the bottom loop doesn't get hidden/cut-off by the navy circle.

Things I do like:

The alternate home jersey. Very classy, which is the key for any Yankees concept.

The idea behind the Spring Training uniforms. I would have gone with white pinstriped pants for both uniforms, though, just so they didn't have to worry about two sets for something as rudimentary as Spring Training. I do like the pinstripes up the undersides, however. It's a nice idea.

That you used the 'Yankees' script on a jersey. It's a nice script- I wish the team would use it.

Overall, I think you did a pretty good job on the concept, but I think you tried too hard- there are just too many parts in it that just don't need to be there. If you trim the fat and do some slight modifications, I think this could be a grade-A concept that actually out-classes the original.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things I don't like for the Yankees' set:

The grey/silver cap on the Spring Training set. It's not attractive and it's just gratuitous to have 5 different official hats.

The entire throwback uniform- their regular jerseys already look like throwbacks... why bother?

The silver-logo'd cap- also gratuitous.

The way the 'Y' gets lost on the edge of the primary logo. I do like that you lost a lot of the red in the logo, but you need to re-work the 'Y' so that the bottom loop doesn't get hidden/cut-off by the navy circle.

Things I do like:

The alternate home jersey. Very classy, which is the key for any Yankees concept.

The idea behind the Spring Training uniforms. I would have gone with white pinstriped pants for both uniforms, though, just so they didn't have to worry about two sets for something as rudimentary as Spring Training. I do like the pinstripes up the undersides, however. It's a nice idea.

That you used the 'Yankees' script on a jersey. It's a nice script- I wish the team would use it.

Overall, I think you did a pretty good job on the concept, but I think you tried too hard- there are just too many parts in it that just don't need to be there. If you trim the fat and do some slight modifications, I think this could be a grade-A concept that actually out-classes the original.

Thanks, I included a Throwback because my Home is different than their current, so I just wanted thier current to be an alternate for special occasions really. Heres the update to the Yankees Set:

Logo Sheet: Tryed to edit the Y a little bit more, the loop is going to get cut off no matter what by the Cirlce so I just tryed to make it more noticable. And I took out 3 hats, the silver BP and the Outlined NY hats.

YankeesLogoSheet-1.png

BP/Spring Training: Navy hat is used for both sets, that's the only thing changed.

YankeesBPUniformSet-1.png

Home/Away: Changed the Hat to their Current, that's it.

YankeesRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternates: Once again just changed the Hat. Do yall think the Navy Alt would look better with a Blue New York script with Silver and White outline or not. I dont think it would look much better, because it would look too much like the Braves but it might work.

YankeesAltUniformSet-1.png

Okay so there's the update, Im done with the Phils' Logo Sheet and Home Uni's but I have to finish the rest, they will probably be up tonight, I would love to hear some more thoughts about the Yanks!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

#6 Philadelphia Phillies:*UPDATED* Here is concept #6, Not as creative as some of the others but I think they have fine logos so I didnt want to do much. I'm still undecided about what to do for the BPs I had an idea that would incoperate the star alot more but (spoiler alert) I think it would look better for the Nationals. I just love their Red and Blue so I couldnt take it away, at first I had 4 Colors rockin here, the Powder blue and Maroon were also with the set because it fit very well in the Primary logo, but I took it out because it was too hard trying to incoperate all 4 colors on the unis. Enough jab let's get to the concept.

Logo Sheet:*UPDATED* Okay for the Update I just went back to what the Primary really look's like now and eliminated maroon. I have the P logo with a outline now, and the Star in the P logo is also considered a Secondary. Now for the biggest part of this concept the Script! I custom made the Philadelphia script by looking at this old prototype, I love the way it looks so I had to add it. For the Hats, I went the way of the Alternate and added the Outlined P to the Primary Hat with a blue outline/bill. I personally have grown to love their blue hat so I kept it. I included what I want the BP hat too look like even though I dont have any uni's to go with it yet.

PhilliesLogoSheet-1.png

Home/Away Set: Well I ditched the Pinstripes, and I may get strangled for doing that but I just dont like them on the Phillies, I dont know why I just dont. I do like their Alternate, so it is the new Home, with some minor tweaks, their is a sleeve patch which is the Primary Logo, got rid of the one sleeve number, and used the new Red Hat, Of course the big diff. on the Away is the Philadelphia Script, if you haven't noticed I like to use the State/City Name on the Roads like most people do. I really like how the Bue hat ties in with the Roads, also if you wondered the Home is an off-white color like their current Alternate.

PhilliesRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternate Uniform: Well now that I moved their current alt. to the Home, I can make a new one, which is a Red alternate. The Phils focus so much on Red and they dont have a Regular Red Uniform, probably because the Pinstripes has enough Red on it as it is. I made the Phils script Off-White w/ Blue Outline, and with the upadte the piping is now blue/white/blue.

PhilliesAlternateJersey-1.png

Okay so their is the Phils. Not sure how yall will like it, it may be one of those where you just win or lose. I will try and think of something for the BPs, if yall ave any ideas you can leave your thoughts but more imporantly just tell me how yall like the rest of the Set. The Rays are finally in the full process of a presentation, the Sun Logo I made is staying but Ive tried to make it look less like a Compass, and their will be a new TB logo as well.

Overall it's a good looking set, no huge complaints, but to be honest, I miss the pinstripes. I feel like they add a lot of character to the homes, I mean not many teams use red pinstripes. I don't know for sure if any other teams use them, none that I can think of off the top of my head anyway. But for the purposes of this set, I don't think pinstripes would fit. Philadelphia script is kind of a "meh" from me, I don't love the cluttered look of so many letters, but I do like it when teams have the city name on roads. So I don't mind either way. One other thing...the maroon seems extraneous. You don't really need it. Wherever you have maroon, the normal red works as good or better.

love the philadelphia script, i feel like every team should have city/state on road jersey and would love to see this happen, i cant believe i said i like something about the phillys though, im not suppose to like anything phillies lol. concept is good, i rather see all red caps though, and im not feeling the maroon in the color scheme.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Thanks for the comments guys, andysoccer I just hand drew a couple of the letters on paint from looking at the picture I showed, I didnt use a spacific font or anything. I guess I am going to go back and ditch the maroon, it will look alot better without, anyways thanks for the comments and keep 'em comin B)

The Philadelphia script looks spot on! And yeah, I would drop the maroon, it just dosent fit...

Thanks, I tried preety hard to perfect it but I'm sure some else could do even better, I posted the Update above.

The Phillies set is just what they should have IMO.

thanks, Im bumping this, I would love to hear some more comments on the Phillies and the Yankees since I only got a couple, Im done with the Ray's Logo Sheet and am working on their uniforms, I might have them posted tonight!

I love this Phils set. Really, really good. The maroon feels extraneous, but other than that I like almost everything. As I said before, the maroon isn't necessary. Other than that, though, the subtle changes you made are just right. I'm a fan of your decision to eliminate the pinstripes in particular, and the addition of blue helps a lot. Nice work.

scotland_fifasig.png

#7 Tampa Bay Rays V.2:Thanks for the Comments on Philly guys, well now I have V.2 of the Rays done and the 7th team compleated, I think this set is alot LOT better than my V.1 Rays Set. Logocruncher asked me to re-post V.1 so y'all could compare both and that's what I am going to do so here are the links to V.1.

Tampa Bay Rays Version 1

Logo Sheet

ST/BP Uniforms

ST/BP Action

Home/Away Uniform

Home/Away Action

Alt. Home Uniform (includes action)

So that's that, I think the 2nd Version look's alot more professional than the first but that's not too hard to do :P haha well anyways I get to my Presentation.

Tampa Bay Rays Version 2 (Upated 4/11/09)

Logo Sheet: For the Logos I did like elliot suggested and got rid of the sunburst, made the TB logo connect, and created a Primary logo. The Primary was a work in progress at first and this one is a bit different than the one I posted a couple pages back. It has more Rays which may be a bad thing but was really the only way I could seperate it from the compass look, the baseball is a little bit bigger as well and features a new TB logo on it which I sketched and then hand-drew in paint. The Wordmark is the same, but the T and B are different in the Tampa Bay one. The hats are preety much the same too except the new logo and the Navy goes with the Away while the Powder Blue goes with the Home, also I put the primary on the BP hat.

RaysLogoSheet-2.png

ST/BP Uniform: I added the Powder Blue as the Clash Set on the Update, I can ony take in some much powder blue in one concept :P. So I went with the Navy Uniforms, White 'Rays' across the chest and Sun Rays under the sleeves on the side. I got a little crazy with it, so I dont know how yall will like it.

RaysBPUniform-1.png

RaysClashBPUniform.png

Home/Away Uniform: For the Jerseys I went with a double piping, Powder Blue and Navy Blue, and then you can preety much see for yourself what I did for the rest. The Aways still have the Powder Blueish Gray Color and now have an Arching Tampa Bay across the Chest, as you can see the Primary Logo is used as a sleeve patch.

RaysRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternate Uniform Set: And here is my favorite part of the concept, I have the Powder Blue Uniforms as a home alt., would be worn on Sundays or daytime games if they'd like. And the new addition, the Road Alt. Navy w/ the TB logo and Number on the Chest.

RaysAltUniformSet-1.png

Well there you go. I would really like to hear alot of comments on this since it is the 2nd go-around at the Rays. The Next team might be the Giants, but I may skip the NL team and go ahead and do the Red Sox because I have a preety good idea for them. If you have a particular team you would like to see just tell me and I will try and get them done soon. Hit me up B)

This is a really, really nice concept you got here. Huge improvement on the first draft of the logo and I'm also really liking the new TB logo. The unis are pretty good, but the major thing that is bugging me is the powder blue cap. It might work as an alternate, but it just doesn't work for the home, IMO. That BP jersey is definitely out there, but I think it works pretty good. Not much to change on this one, I think you did a really nice job. One thing though, Is it just me or is the blue on the away alternate different on the side and back views than it does on the front?

And no pressure, but the Sox concept, better look pretty darn good. :P

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Big improvement here. I like all the powder blue; really adds a lot. So, I'll go with a rundown of goods and bads.

What I Like:

Both alts are beautiful. The powder blue one is exquisite, and the navy one is nice and clean

The home and road unis, while simple, work well. I'd just make the name on back navy on both, for legibility's sake.

The diminished presence of yellow works wonders

What I Don't Like:

The BP idea is solid, but I'm just not sold on the sunburst idea. Work on that a little. Sorry I can't be more specific.

The logo is a big improvement over the last one, but I'd keep the TB logo the same as what they currently have. They just look sort of slapped together. No real continuity between the T and B. The sunbursts still don't really do it for me, either, but I think with some simplification it would work.

Straighten out the piping. Right now it's all swervy!

All in all, this is some very good work. With a couple of changes, this could be truly excellent. I like the way this series is going...

scotland_fifasig.png

This is a really, really nice concept you got here. Huge improvement on the first draft of the logo and I'm also really liking the new TB logo. The unis are pretty good, but the major thing that is bugging me is the powder blue cap. It might work as an alternate, but it just doesn't work for the home, IMO. That BP jersey is definitely out there, but I think it works pretty good. Not much to change on this one, I think you did a really nice job. One thing though, Is it just me or is the blue on the away alternate different on the side and back views than it does on the front?

And no pressure, but the Sox concept, better look pretty darn good. :P

Thanks, I just noticed that looking at it, sorry about that I will go back and change it.

Big improvement here. I like all the powder blue; really adds a lot. So, I'll go with a rundown of goods and bads.

What I Like:

Both alts are beautiful. The powder blue one is exquisite, and the navy one is nice and clean

The home and road unis, while simple, work well. I'd just make the name on back navy on both, for legibility's sake.

The diminished presence of yellow works wonders

What I Don't Like:

The BP idea is solid, but I'm just not sold on the sunburst idea. Work on that a little. Sorry I can't be more specific.

The logo is a big improvement over the last one, but I'd keep the TB logo the same as what they currently have. They just look sort of slapped together. No real continuity between the T and B. The sunbursts still don't really do it for me, either, but I think with some simplification it would work.

Straighten out the piping. Right now it's all swervy!

All in all, this is some very good work. With a couple of changes, this could be truly excellent. I like the way this series is going...

I thought about doing that also, just going back to their current TB, I could make the bottom of the T run into the B and then it would look not so "slapped together" which I agree with you on. So I'll try the new idea with the TB and if it doesn't work I'll go back to their current TB logo.

So I'll have a update up later tonight probably, thanks for the comments, and of course I would love to hear some more but you may want to wait for the update. As for the next team it will be the San Franciso Giants...after that the Red Sox.

Alright I have the Updated set posted above. Here are some of the Changes:

-Brought back their current 'TB' logo

-Tampa Bay Script is updated

-Added a Powder Blue BP Clash Set

-Made the Navy Hat the Home Hat along with the Away and Away Alt.

-Made Home Script/NOB/Numbers Navy w/Powder Blue Outline.

That's about it. So I'd really like to hear what y'all think since this concept has come along way since the begining. Like I said before the Giants will be next followed by the Red Sox.

Archived