Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

Thanks for the comments guys, looks like that's all for the Rays, I looked a t a Navy TB on the Logo and it just didnt work well IMO so thats why Im not changing it, but now it's time for Concept #8

Updated: 4-14-09 w/ new Alt. Logo/Sleeve Patch.

#8 San Franciso Giants: Had a lot of fun with this set, started creating it earilier today and everything came in place for it while I was piecing it together. Of course it could proably use some improvement but hopefully not :P, this is the First Time I have every used gradiant on a logo that I actually put on there, I know I lot of people dont like gradiant but I thought it worked well on the baseball, so here it goes.

Logo Sheet: Well The logo is a mix of old and new, I ditched the current Giant Wordmark completely with this set, I like it but I think too many teams use font like it around the MLB, Mets, Rangers, Red Sox, Angels, I know it isnt exactly the same but too me it seems close. I kept the Baseball from the current logo but took off the shading and put orange gradiant inside it. I added the Old Giants Script across it as well. Then you can see the script, I just love that San Franciso Script, I made some modifications to the real one, took off the tale to make it match the Giants script and changed the dot on the I. The Primary Hat is the Same, you see the new Alt. Hat with Orange Bill and white outline around the SF. BP hat is featured although I am still thinking what to do for them. With the update, I have this logo as the Alternate logo/Sleeve Patch as TalktoChuck and Logocruncher suggested, I recolored it by taking out all of the gold.

GiantsLogoSheet.png

Home/Away Uniforms: For the Uniforms, I ditched their current piping because I have already used it twice and they would look too similar to San Diego, I just went with a Thick Two Stripe Piping as a Sleeve Trim and the Pants piping. Added the Scripts, Alt. Logo is the Patch and added NOB on Home, Numbers on the front also. The Home uniform is still off-white instead of white.

GiantsRegUniformSet-2.png

Alternate Uniform: And now the Alt., could be worn on the road as well but with Gray Pants, No more Black on Black Mess, Orange Script on Black Jersey and the new Alt. Hat.

GiantsAlternateJersey-2.png

Well that's it, I think I have an idea for the Phills' BP but not sure how it will look. Red Sox are next followed by the Nats. Leave me some Thoughts and C&C, I would be happy to make updates and more importantly hear what yall think.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this. Not any complaints, really. I guess I'm not totally sold on the gradient (it just feels kind of pointless), but it doesn't harm the look at all. The current GIANTS script is among my favorite in the MLB, but the script one you chose is nice as well. But I love that SAN FRANCISCO script; beautiful. It's little on the long side, but there's not much you can do about that. The alt is improved tremendously; it helps a lot to actually be able to read the lettering! Nice work.

scotland_fifasig.png

That font looks great on the wordmark for 'San Francisco'. Absolutely great.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Very good concept, the one thing that catches my eye is how unnecessary the patch seems, especially on the home and alt, having it say Giants twice in the same script format seems redundant. Really the only problem I see.

I agree. I think yu should use this patch. I've always loved it and never understood why the Giants don't use it more often.

jNTsTyQ.png

Well thanks for all the comments guys, I posted the update on the original post, I just took out the patch like a few of y'all suggested. I will probably have the Sox done tommarow. Anyways thanks again and keep em comin B)

Actually, I think it would look better with the patch TalktoChuck suggested. I think it would fit pretty well with the rest of the identity, and help liven up the jersey ever so slightly.

Yeah, I may recolor it though, I took all the gold out of the original concept so I will do that with this logo and get another update up.

Edit- Alright I updated the original post with the Alternate Logo/Sleeve Patch, just made all of the Gold in the logo orange, and made the outline around the SF thicker.

Hey guys, I was gone for a couple of days, I went too Greenville, South Carolina thursday and got back yesterday, while I was there we went to see two Greenville Drive games, a single A team for Boston, my friend's brother is a pitcher on the Drive, he goted drafted 3 years ago outta High School, and had Tommy Johns in his 2nd season. Anyways he is off to a great start, and the Drive won both times we saw them. So this concept is for the Red Sox, And I used Caleb's name and number on the jerseys. Hopefully he will be a big name in the Red Sox organization one day.

#9 Boston Red Sox: The Sox got new Away jerseys this year as all of you are aware. And it is just loaded down with Blue, so even though I used alota blue in this concept, I tried to emphasize RED more since they are the RED Sox.

Logo Sheet: In this concept the Hanging Sox logo is now known as the Alternate Logo, it is still used as a sleeve patch though. All I did to the Primary was recolor the Boston part of it. It's now Blue with Red outline like the former one, but I still kept everything else. The Primary Hat is the same, I kept the Hat with the Hanging Sox logo on it, I just really like it because it is different. I did change the Bill to Red on it though. I'm not done with the BPs yet although there will be some. I did do a hat as you can see. Now you may have noticed thier is something extra in the wordmark, I added a Boston Script, if you play at Fenway on MLB The Show, then you have probably seen this before. It is in place of the 'Budwieser' Sign on the game. I just loved it when I saw it and thought I would add it here, I had to take a picture of it and preety much hand trace it in paint and all that good stuff, so I worked on this alot.

RedSoxLogoSheet.png

Home/Away Jerseys: These are just tweaked a bit, since Boston has some great Home uniforms, I added the Sleeve Piping from the former Away Jersey. Added the Sleeve Patch, and added names on the back. For the Away I kept the blueish gray, colored the piping navy, added red outline to numbers, names, and the 'Boston' script. You notice I showed sleeves and socks on the Aways, to show that the Red Sox could still wear Red socks and under the jerseys. The belt is also red.

RedSoxRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Jerseys: The Home Alternate is the same, except sleeve piping was added, and the tweaked Alt. hat, and the belt is blue now. The Away Alt. features the new Script, the Script looks alot better white than red so that's why I did that. The piping just doesnt look good on this jersey so I took it off.

RedSoxAltUniformSet.png

Well theres the Sox, I'm sure I'll probably need to make some updates, so your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated! The Nationals will be the next team.

This is actually a really good Sox concept! The roads do look much better with red instead of their current all blue. I like the use of a red cap; and that Boston script is phenomenal. I applaud you on a job well done, keep up the good work.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Thanks cab and saintsfan, good to hear some comments from Sox fans :D, I dont think the whole primary logo would look to good on an alt. hat, maybe the Spring Training or someting, but I may try out an RS logo. Anyways I would like to hear some more comments and the Nats will be next, dont know how soon though since I am starting to work on my Trifecta MLB design.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm finnaly back after 2 weeks, I have been loaded down with school work, and I finnaly got around to working on this concept today. It was more fun than any other one I've done, which is something I think I say almost every time. So that tell's you I really doing these and hopefully I'll crank the next one out sooner. Anyways todays concept is......

#10 Washington Nationals (UPDATE ON NEXT PAGE)

Logo Sheet: For the Nationals, I ditched the gold, because I felt it was too dark of a color and it was out of place. I did keep the bevel though, just used a darker shade of the script color on it. I ditched the Curly W as a Cap Logo and the new script, I was going to emphasize those on a BP jersey that I know I want to do with, I'm just too lazy to do the BPs, I'll get around to finishing all of those but it may be a while before I do so. The DC logo is now the Reg. Cap logo, theres only one game hat because I didnt like how the blue hat looked with the jerseys. I kept the Stars and Stripe DC logo but only for merchadise and stuff like that, it may appear on a BP jersey or something but I'm not using it on jerseys or hats. I edited one of their secondary logos, and made it the Alternate/Patch logo, it is a blue circle outlined by white and red stripes, now with white stars, and I edited the baseball from the Main logo and put it inside of the Circle and put the Curly W over it, that can be seen here. I'll quit ramblin and show yall the Logo sheet now.

NationalsLogoSheet.png

Home/Away Jersey Set: This is were the concept get's its pop. I've been thinking about this for a long time which is what led me to do the Nationals next. I added a blue stripe with white stars inside it and a red/white outline on it which matches the Alt./Patch Logo. I know the pants stripe is a stretch but I think it would work since the Mets and other teams had stripes similar in the 80's. I included the socks just so yall could see how cool they might look too B).

NationalsRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Jersey: At first I tried a pinstripe jersey with red pinstripes and Nationals in Blue with white stars inside it. They didnt look too nice though so I ditched it. I really like how the Nationals script looks on the Primary logo so I just added it too the jersey and every thing else mimicks the Home/Alt. set.

NationalsAlternateJersey.png

Alright there's the Nat's, it's a preety unique jersey set but that's what I was going for. I love hearing your comments and I'll make any changes I need too. Since bmac asked the Twins will be next, and the Cardinals after that.

I say just ditch the stars on the socks because I usually like sorta outlandish stuff like that on baseball unis, so I say that it looks good. But, to have it on the socks is a bit of a "star overload". Other than that I don't really have a problem with this, another good concept from you, keep up the good work.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived