NatsTown!

BrySmalls

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, it's better than one of the Expos logos in their dying years: "It's Your Call". We also would have accepted "Hey, it's your choice to what happens to this team". :D

And plus, all baseball slogans suck compared to the Seibu Lions' slogan at the beginning of this decade: "HIT! FOOT! GET!"

sportsbanner-single.jpg

The ad campaign is a complete ripoff of Twins Territory and Red Sox Nation.

The Red Sox ripped it off from the Steelers which coined that phrase (that makes much more sense for the Steelers than it does for Red Sox) in the 70s.

Since there's a tepid interest in the Nationals (last year didn't help), one can wonder how far they have to go to develop and entice a fan base to come to Nats Park for games this season unless a popular opposing team comes into town (like the Mets, Cubs, O's, Phillies, Brewers, and Red Sox).

to quote that great thespian Destiny Hope Cyrus, pessimisticNatsfansaywha??? :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Since there's a tepid interest in the Nationals (last year didn't help), one can wonder how far they have to go to develop and entice a fan base to come to Nats Park for games this season unless a popular opposing team comes into town (like the Mets, Cubs, O's, Phillies, Brewers, and Red Sox).

to quote that great thespian Destiny Hope Cyrus, pessimisticNatsfansaywha??? :blink:

whodeytalkinbout?

I forward that article on to the GM for the Springfield Cardinals, since "Get Your Red On" was our slogan for the last 2 years. His response was,

"Thanks for the heads up-interesting..."

Here's our slogan logo at the top:

ThanksfortheAddRED1.jpg

(Although not shown here, the majority of the time there is also a navy outline around the white letters and outside the white outline on "Red".)

I forward that article on to the GM for the Springfield Cardinals, since "Get Your Red On" was our slogan for the last 2 years. His response was,
"Thanks for the heads up-interesting..."

Nice, one can only hope there are some legal ramifications.

Why don't the people that keep ragging on the Nats and their fans give them a break? They're essentially a new team that hasn't one yet. What can you expect from fans of that kind of a team, especially one that has another team so close?

Why don't the people that keep ragging on the Nats and their fans give them a break? They're essentially a new team that hasn't one yet. What can you expect from fans of that kind of a team, especially one that has another team so close?

More of an effort in choosing a great slogan to help bring positive attention to your team over that other local team, rather than ripping off other MLB team slogans with something rather similar, PLUS, completely ripping of a Minor League team's slogan, word-for-word.

As a Nats fan, I have moderate expectations for this team year in and year out with each year being able to finish above .500 (except my prediction for this year). Last year was a complete cluster:censored: with injuries (most of our starting 9 was on the DL for an extended period of time), poor trades/management movements and non-movements, fans can't even find the correct tv to watch them on tv, and lack of competitive baseball, that it is difficult to garner a fan base under these circumstances.

Edit: Plus the nightmare that is our marketing campaign, but that's what this thread is already about.

LOL! Amateur hour.

Probably cooked up by some leggy marketing major fresh out of some 4-year. And I mean seriously leggy.

The sexism of your comment aside, you're probably not far wrong. The Nats lost their marketing chief last summer, just in time for a rudderless marketing department to be micromanaged by the owner's idiot son during the final decisionmaking on both new uniforms and the 2009 ad campaign. Both have predictably produced embarrassing results for the team.

This isn't about stupid hot interns or horny old VPs; it's about a front office that's in complete leadership disarray. There's micromanagement by idiots at the top, incompetent management by unaccountable bumblers in the middle, and a complete lack of morale or investment in the operation by the workers at the bottom. In any other industry in the current economy, the Nats would have gone out of business within six months of being taken over by the Lerner ownership group.

I suffered through the late 1990s in Twins Territory. This was the era when payroll was so low that the Twins were effectively baseball's first all-volunteer team, when Ron Coomer was the star of the roster, when the team resorted to selling tickets for a buck on some weeknights and still couldn't outdraw an average double-A farm club. This was a team whose ownership was deliberately trying to destroy the franchise. Yet the Nats are worse, in every way, than the Coomer-era Twins, and I no longer see how it's even conceivable for them to improve as an organization under the current ownership makeup. The Nats front office is the Dunder Mifflin of baseball.

(Oh, and do not accept the lame excuse that the Nats were cursed with injuries in 2008. The Nats have been among the most-injured teams in baseball every year since they've come to Washington. No other team in baseball has been so consistently beset by injuries. This isn't bad luck. It's a systematic failure of team management. Either the Nats are unusually poor at assessing player fitness while scouting, or they are unusually poor at keeping players healthy while on the roster, or both.)

20082614447.png

LOL! Amateur hour.

Probably cooked up by some leggy marketing major fresh out of some 4-year. And I mean seriously leggy.

The sexism of your comment aside, you're probably not far wrong. The Nats lost their marketing chief last summer, just in time for a rudderless marketing department to be micromanaged by the owner's idiot son during the final decisionmaking on both new uniforms and the 2009 ad campaign. Both have predictably produced embarrassing results for the team.

This isn't about stupid hot interns or horny old VPs; it's about a front office that's in complete leadership disarray. There's micromanagement by idiots at the top, incompetent management by unaccountable bumblers in the middle, and a complete lack of morale or investment in the operation by the workers at the bottom. In any other industry in the current economy, the Nats would have gone out of business within six months of being taken over by the Lerner ownership group.

I suffered through the late 1990s in Twins Territory. This was the era when payroll was so low that the Twins were effectively baseball's first all-volunteer team, when Ron Coomer was the star of the roster, when the team resorted to selling tickets for a buck on some weeknights and still couldn't outdraw an average double-A farm club. This was a team whose ownership was deliberately trying to destroy the franchise. Yet the Nats are worse, in every way, than the Coomer-era Twins, and I no longer see how it's even conceivable for them to improve as an organization under the current ownership makeup. The Nats front office is the Dunder Mifflin of baseball.

(Oh, and do not accept the lame excuse that the Nats were cursed with injuries in 2008. The Nats have been among the most-injured teams in baseball every year since they've come to Washington. No other team in baseball has been so consistently beset by injuries. This isn't bad luck. It's a systematic failure of team management. Either the Nats are unusually poor at assessing player fitness while scouting, or they are unusually poor at keeping players healthy while on the roster, or both.)

Yikes, to have it put in that perspective makes the Nats even worse off than fathomed.

I don't mind being disproved about the injuries. Can't wait for their DL to be filled up by the end of the 2nd week of spring training.

The best and always will be, the Angels' slogan of 2002 "The Hunt for Red October" which was unveiled when the Angels unveiled their new colors and uniforms only to win the World Series that year!

That wasn't original, though, as the Rangers first used it back in 1996 when they wore red and were going for their first playoff appearance. I think the producers, or whoever owns the rights to the movie, threatened legal action against them.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived