NatsTown!

BrySmalls

NatsTown, where the rent goes unpaid and theres criminals in centerfield!

*shamlessly taken from the sports reporters*

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest marketing disaster.

I've never seen a mascot with a look of abject horror on their face before.

"I missed the Navy Yard stop and am now going to Anacostia! :censored: !"

(apologies to anyone here who might be from that part of DC)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

LOL thats when i change trains at L'Enfant Plaza!

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

So, let's see: In late summer, the team loses its head of marketing. So of course, over the following winter, the team redesigns its uniforms, launches a major new marketing program, and revamps its mascot. Yeah, that's exactly what any business run by grown-ups would do in the months immediately after losing its marketing chief.

A real shame, too. I like the idea of Screech having thin legs like a bird, and I like the idea of having Screech take up a little less space in the aisles. But this is a huge downgrade. Screech was a terrific mascot. Granted, Screech was no Phanatic, but nobody else is, and in a world of TC Bears and all, Screech was very good. This is like a high-school art class project to design a new mascot for the football team. Or maybe a transporter accident, where Rob Lowe's "Clint" alter ego and old Screech both beamed up and got combined into one monstrous half-primate, half-avian freak.

I only hope the Racing Presidents do not suffer a Screech-like downsizing. They're the real mascot face of the franchise anyway.

20082614447.png

So, let's see: In late summer, the team loses its head of marketing. So of course, over the following winter, the team redesigns its uniforms, launches a major new marketing program, and revamps its mascot. Yeah, that's exactly what any business run by grown-ups would do in the months immediately after losing its marketing chief.

A real shame, too. I like the idea of Screech having thin legs like a bird, and I like the idea of having Screech take up a little less space in the aisles. But this is a huge downgrade. Screech was a terrific mascot. Granted, Screech was no Phanatic, but nobody else is, and in a world of TC Bears and all, Screech was very good. This is like a high-school art class project to design a new mascot for the football team. Or maybe a transporter accident, where Rob Lowe's "Clint" alter ego and old Screech both beamed up and got combined into one monstrous half-primate, half-avian freak.

I only hope the Racing Presidents do not suffer a Screech-like downsizing. They're the real mascot face of the franchise anyway.

I never saw such a terrified bird until the Nats rolled out Screech 2.0.

I think the Nats might be the biggest joke in Baseball right now, excluding the Pirates. Their fan base is lacking, they have this beautiful new park with no one in it (You can't sugar-coat that) and their mascot is just terrible looking. Makes me wan to vomit, actually. To steal from another poster on this topic, and a prominent Washington sportswriter and Monday Night Football analyst, the Nats are craptastic.

What are the odds on the Nats winning the World Series? Gotta be in the high double digits at least.

Since there's a tepid interest in the Nationals (last year didn't help), one can wonder how far they have to go to develop and entice a fan base to come to Nats Park for games this season unless a popular opposing team comes into town (like the Mets, Cubs, O's, Phillies, Brewers, and Red Sox).

to quote that great thespian Destiny Hope Cyrus, pessimisticNatsfansaywha??? :blink:

It will take a while to get used to the statement that the brewers are a popular team. Luckily, they won't have to worry about that this year.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

The Brewers drew over 3 million. They're a popular team. They don't have a national following, though.

And only 1.7 million of them were Cubs fans. :P

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well since the Nats are the doormat of baseball right now, I'd expect a lot more opposing fans to be at the B-Grade Stadium this year.

That is, IF the Nats are this year Rays, then who knows.

I know one opposing fan who will be making at least one appearance there this summer...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the Nats might be the biggest joke in Baseball right now, excluding the Pirates. Their fan base is lacking, they have this beautiful new park with no one in it (You can't sugar-coat that) and their mascot is just terrible looking. Makes me wan to vomit, actually. To steal from another poster on this topic, and a prominent Washington sportswriter and Monday Night Football analyst, the Nats are craptastic.

What are the odds on the Nats winning the World Series? Gotta be in the high double digits at least.

First off, "excluding the Pirates"? I'm sorry to rain on any Pittsbughers' pity parades here, but the Pirates are not the biggest joke in baseball. The Nats are. I mean, really, this isn't even debatable. Fortunately for the Nats, their chief clown has left the tent, so they're less of a joke than they were a week ago, but still. There's a certain dignity in being doormats for as long as the Pirates; see also the Kansas City Royals. Or maybe that's not so much dignity as the situation passing the point where it's no longer a laughing matter. Either way, the Nats are the biggest joke going.

As to winning the World Series, you mean ever? Or just this year? If this year, then the odds are only in the double digits if you're counting the digits to the right of the decimal point. But ever, the franchise will turn around sometime. I'm not hopeful that this will occur while any member of the Lerner family owns the team, but baseball has strange cycles, and it's hard to keep even a joke of a franchise out of the playoffs for more than about twelve years in a row. It can be done -- see Pittsburgh -- but there's enough luck to the game that it's really hard not to stumble into the playoffs every once in a while.

My wife is a huge Screech fan, and she absolutely hates the new Screech. Her response to seeing the photos was to say that maybe she didn't want to go to any games this year after all.

20082614447.png

I hope to go to, at the most, 5* Nats games this year. They don't deserve any more of my time or money and will happily find other activities to spend time/money/energy on during the summer days.

*Pending IF they are actually phenomenal this year.

First off, "excluding the Pirates"? I'm sorry to rain on any Pittsbughers' pity parades here, but the Pirates are not the biggest joke in baseball. The Nats are. I mean, really, this isn't even debatable. Fortunately for the Nats, their chief clown has left the tent, so they're less of a joke than they were a week ago, but still. There's a certain dignity in being doormats for as long as the Pirates; see also the Kansas City Royals. Or maybe that's not so much dignity as the situation passing the point where it's no longer a laughing matter. Either way, the Nats are the biggest joke going.

As to winning the World Series, you mean ever? Or just this year? If this year, then the odds are only in the double digits if you're counting the digits to the right of the decimal point. But ever, the franchise will turn around sometime. I'm not hopeful that this will occur while any member of the Lerner family owns the team, but baseball has strange cycles, and it's hard to keep even a joke of a franchise out of the playoffs for more than about twelve years in a row. It can be done -- see Pittsburgh -- but there's enough luck to the game that it's really hard not to stumble into the playoffs every once in a while.

My wife is a huge Screech fan, and she absolutely hates the new Screech. Her response to seeing the photos was to say that maybe she didn't want to go to any games this year after all.

i dont think they couldve worked less on the new Screech, he looks like someone in a baseball uniform with just the head of the mascot on. whoop dee doo.

honestly i think the biggest joke in baseball is the Cubs, overhyped, yet over 100 years w/o a World Series. DC has won a World Series since the Cubs last did and they were without baseball for 33 years!!! the next biggest joke is the Nats, but for a team thats so hyped and so loved having won nothing in over 100 years, that to me, is a joke. *no offense to Cubs fans, just my opinion*

Aw, geez, I just noticed: Screech's jersey is untucked. That's fine for old Screech, who didn't wear pants. But once you give the mascot pants and stockings, you've gotta tuck in the jersey.

Also, does new Screech really have no tail?

20082614447.png

As to winning the World Series, you mean ever? Or just this year? If this year, then the odds are only in the double digits if you're counting the digits to the right of the decimal point.

I mean the vegas odds. You know, like 1 Trillion to 1.

You do bring up good points about the Nats that have caused me to sway. The stuff they do blows me away. Screech 2.0. NatsTown. Their players. Back when the league ran the team, this was expected. Now that they actually have real owners, they should at least be trying to find players other than those who have been left for dead, or are complete and total liers.

Archived