Canucks concept

randyc

Recently the updated Johnny Canuck logo has surfaced, so I decided to do up a quick concept with it. Many Canuck fans believe that Johnny Canuck is what should be the Canucks permanent identity and hope it will replace the orca. So, when/if this happens this is what I hope the Canucks will be sportin'.

Canucks-Home-NHLC-2.png

Canucks-Road-NHLC-2.png

8prlQWA.png

As much as I love Johnny I'm not sure how well he works as a crest. This update makes him look more like a cartoon character than a pro sports logo. The jersey doesn't really flow with the logo either. Try a stripping pattern that isn't so straight.

It might look better if you have the circle (aka - Wild home, Blues 3rd) around the logo. You should also drop the silver from the numbers, thicken the green in the stripes, decrease the size of the white and blue stripes, and go with the old school VC or the stick in rink for the shoulders.

I don't think an added V to Johnny would improuve his apperence. There's already a half-dozen colors in the logo. Another element would just clutter it senseless.

If you want to keep it as the crest, you will need a different striping pattern. If not, you could always switch the crest and shoulder logo, but then it would be a reflection of 95% of all other Canucks concepts made here. It's up to you.

BTW, where the heck did you get that logo?

I don't think an added V to Johnny would improuve his apperence. There's already a half-dozen colors in the logo. Another element would just clutter it senseless.

If you want to keep it as the crest, you will need a different striping pattern. If not, you could always switch the crest and shoulder logo, but then it would be a reflection of 95% of all other Canucks concepts made here. It's up to you.

BTW, where the heck did you get that logo?

Someone made it in the requests forum based on a couple pics from the Nucks website.

That logo would kill for a Texas team.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

That logo would kill for a Texas team.

Nothing says America like James Bond, and nothing says Texas like Johnny Canuck!

No, the general shape of Johnny looks like the state.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

The version 1 concept is almost perfect in my opinion. I love the fact you used the Johnny Canuck logo. The striping is great. Try to make the bottom of the white jersey blue, like it is on the arms. And I'd love the hockeystick-logo as a shoulder patch. Other than that, it's awesome. This is definitely what I'd want them to wear.

• 1 month later...

JC works as a good shoulder patch or on an alt jersey but not as a main crest/logo for the team. Btw, where did you get that logo from without the plaid? I want a bigger version of it plz!

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived