Your first concept

raysox

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Itd be impossible to find my first concept, as ive just about deleted from existance everything i made from the first two years of membership here, but I remember what it was.

It was a football concept for the University Breakout Challenge. The logo was a clipart sillouhette of a buck, and the wordmark was word art, in times new roman. The unis themselves? Awful. Ininspired, and nothing more than paintbucketing the different sections of the template.

My second was a hockey concept for Pitt. Much like above, i just filled in sections of the template.

My third was one that I will never forget, for what happened after I posted it. I blatantly copped the 2001 NBA All Star Game logo, and made it into an awful Nationals logo in paint. I then proceeded to make an awful wordmark using none other than word art and times new roman again, and the unis were awful 70's garbage. Bright colors and all. Afterwards it was ripped to shreds by Gregjigga, and I went patsox on him and everyone else who tried to say the same as he did. I threw his criticizm out the window and got awfully pissed. Years later, I understand completely, especially after the patsox era, and understand why Jigga did what he did, and that I was a major dumbass about it.

EDIT: After browsing through my posted topics, I actually made a Pitt Football concept as second, and USA Hockey as my third. Making the Nats stuff fourth. Nonetheless, they were all utter crap, as was much of my posting up until after the Summer of '07.

oBIgzrL.png

This is the closest I could find. Originally it lacked the NHL shield and RBK tags, plus it used the older Sabres name and number font. I can't find my original original, so this "update" will have to do.

BuffaloSabres.png

This is the oldest one I could find:

MIN2.png

Please :rolleyes:

I don't have my first concept online anymore, but I can describe it to you very vividly:

HOUSTON ASTROS CONCEPT

It was done on a regular paint template. I used this logo as a cap logo on a red background with cream bill. The jersey was basically the same. I made a sleeveless jersey with the same logo on a red sleeveless with cream undershirt. No pants striping, red socks.

The C&C was mostly that it was "Ok for a first concept" and "Suited more for a softball team." :P

I really need to start doing concepts again.

Not the first logo I ever did, just the first one I ever got on the computer. WOW. The first 2 are just so God-aweful they defy description. For some reason, I wanted a lightning theme with the first Cardinal attempt. I did it in MS Paint @ the local Kinkos because I didn't have a computer and was pressed for time. The second rendition is equally sad and under the same set of circumstance, only now the Cardinal was supposed to be firey.

Many, many, many tries later, in Corel and at home with lots of time to work on it, the final concept after about a dozen attempts. Hard to believe I got to the finished product from where it all started.

Progression1.gif

Microsoft Paint

Edmonton Oil Kings WHL: I just slapped their logo on an 80's Kings Jersey

OILKINGSJERSEY.gif

Quebec Nordiques NHL: If they stayed

ca.jpg

This was in my photobucket account. Honestly, I don't remember If I made a Nords jersey based on that template that was floating around during the Great Edge scare of 2007 or if I found and saved this:

jets.png

I then realized that I don't have the concept skill that many here have (or the time and patience) so I just enjoy the work you guys post.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

My first concepts were hand drawn hockey unis that I posted in March of 2006. My first computer genereated concept was an SVSU hockey uniform when the school got a club hockey team. Unfortunately the Photobucket account I used is no longer active, and I don't seem to have them on my computer.

I also did a "Phoenix Jets" uniform, combining the Winnipeg and Phoenix elements into one. It was pretty cool, I remember it well, but agian, don't have it on my computer :\

My first concepts are on my other computer which I just realized that I didn't bring that file over to the new one. Of course then there's the folder I have of my oldest concepts, hand drawn, I just have to find that manila folder. When I do, I'll post them.

Archived