A Fraud caught Juicing in 2003

NJTank

OK...can we just out Pujols and Thome already?

There are no clean players, and the national media's efforts to pretend otherwise is by now broaching into joke territory. Just more or less admit that the vast majority of players did steroids, and the few that didn't probably didn't because they didn't have the money or didn't know who to go to.

People really think Thome isn't juicing?

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no clean players, and the national media's efforts to pretend otherwise is by now broaching into joke territory. Just more or less admit that the vast majority of players did steroids, and the few that didn't probably didn't because they didn't have the money or didn't know who to go to.

I think I've seen him pitched as an example of a "clean" player before. Which probably further emphasizes how big of a joke trying to find a "clean" player is.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They're all juicing. Baseball has been, for the most part, a shameful and tainted sport. It shames me to no end that I used to have such a love and passion for this game.

From it's mysterious beginnings through 1946, Major League Baseball is a sham, and a shame.

1981 was the beginning of the eventual end.

Joe Carter's 1993 Home Run in Game 6 of the World Series was the last legitimate thing in baseball history to me. 1994 had the "work" stoppage, 1995 had the shortened season, 1994 - present had the wild card implemented, and way too many wildcard teams making it to the World Series, the World Baseball "classic" that 2 people probably care about, there was the near work stoppage earlier this decade, baseball is totally & completely ruined for me now. The history of the game from 1947 - 1980 was about as legit as it is going to get. 81 had the strike, steroids began creeping in during the mid to late 80s probably, so even anything from 1985 - 1993 is somewhat suspect to me. Everybody is cheating, the government, the banks, Wall Street, pro sports teams, all of it. And who are they cheating? Us. The fans, the citizens, those of us who WORK, and maintain gainful honest employment. I pray this will be the last straw for baseball fans. I pray more than ever that the major leagues fold like a piece of oragami paper in a windstorm, so help me God. All this greed, all this value placed in people who play a stinking game, or make movies or so-called music, all this hero worship over ordinary people with semi-extraordinary talent, that is when they aren't cheating, has to stop. This needs to be the ultimate wake up call, not only for baseball fans, but for everybody. This entire world is falling faster than ever.

Now I'm going to put a DVD on and escape this sorrowful madness for a few hours. Dirty rotten A-Roid....by the way whoever called him A-Roid, nice job, very clever, I do appreciate a good pun!

now will he get the bonds treatment? i think not because he is the "golden boy" he is no better than barry bonds.

I'm hoping A-Roid gets the Rafael Palmeiroid treatment and is blackballed from baseball alltogether -- although don't see that happening.

6uXNWAo.png

No one will get the "Bonds" treatment. Rightly or wrongly, no matter what happens and who else is named, Barry Bonds is the face of the steroid era...because he tainted the two most storied records, not just baseball, but all of sports if you really look at it.

Luckily, people just seem to be sick of the steroid talk, so that will save A-Rod as well. All of these tests, leaks, and what-nots are from at least 5 years ago, even if the news just came out today.

--------------------------

Personally, I don't give a damn if guys were shooting up between pitches, because they still had to perform on the field. Plus, we have no idea what unfair advantages the players that Bill and his generation grew up with and looked up to had. It's not like people just started cheating in the mid-1980s. Unfortunately, we just now have to assume that everyone was juicing in the late 1990s and early 2000s. It's sad because that's when I baseball had me hooked, it's since lost me, but it's still a great game between the white lines.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well I'll be damned... Canseco was right again!

Say what you want about his life and how that's basically a joke, the man knows EXACTLY who and what he's talking about when he writes those books.

But yeah, I agree with tank. End the Steroid Witch Hunt now. Everybody did it, and I really don't care anymore who did it.

One reason Bonds got it so bad is he was not nicer to the press. If he smiled more shook more hands gave more interviews and was nicer to people in general I think he would have been better off.

I mean I hated Bonds before Steroids he was a Great Player before Steroids.

Its time to end it.

Amnesty for Steroids use before 2005, and it should not be held against you in HOF voting. It is now apparent everybody was juicing and MLB looked the other way, so to end it lets just call it the steroids era, if you want to put an asterisk that's fine, but lets end it and only concentrate on punish who is using now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sorry, but I call bull :censored:. I'm not in denial that it's entirely possible Rodriguez juiced, but without more evidence I can't say I'm convinced. His physical development doesn't seem consistent with a steroid user, but moreso simple physical development as people age from 18 to their early 30's. There's no huge head, there's no overly-developed arms, nothing physical that I can see is an obvious sign that steroids were being used.

Again I'm not saying he didn't do it; I just would need more evidence that he did to be laying down damnation upon him at this point.

nav-logo.png

I want to see this full list. That list will bring us a little closer to full knowledge of this. Obviously we may never have full knowledge but that list will out players that may be considered "clean" players now.

And now Canseco has been telling the truth about each player. No more of just denying what he says.

I'm not surprised. I just feel bad for all of you guys that are (were) fans of the guy, because it's a huge let down. I just hope that I never hear the two players I grew up idolizing (Griffey and Maddux) in the same breath. I'm sure I won't, but a lot of people were sure A-Rod wasn't gonna be named either.

I thought he just lifts cows in the offseason or something.

We can agree that Greg Maddux wasn't on anything. Guy looked like a substitute teacher. Also, he wasn't very good by the end of his career, the way you'd expect a guy to decline by that age.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sorry, but I call bull :censored:. I'm not in denial that it's entirely possible Rodriguez juiced, but without more evidence I can't say I'm convinced. His physical development doesn't seem consistent with a steroid user, but moreso simple physical development as people age from 18 to their early 30's. There's no huge head, there's no overly-developed arms, nothing physical that I can see is an obvious sign that steroids were being used.

The lady said that A-Rod took a drug that was different from the ones that McGwire, Bonds, Sosa, and the rest took where they were ripping out of their uniforms. The drug didn't do that, but it was still a drug. I can't give you the name of it, but the lady knew what she was talking about.

He was definitely on the juice.

I thought he just lifts cows in the offseason or something.

We can agree that Greg Maddux wasn't on anything. Guy looked like a substitute teacher. Also, he wasn't very good by the end of his career, the way you'd expect a guy to decline by that age.

I'm sure that Maddux wasn't either. We have never heard Griffey's name either. I hope to never hear it in steroid talks because he was supposed to be the one to break all the records and become the home run champion. In a way, people are looking at him different now not because he was hurt all that time and didn't make it to the milestones, but because by not taking the stuff, he decided that he wasn't bigger than the game, where people like Bonds and Sosa wanted to be bigger than the game itself. So they did a selfish thing.

Archived