Hockey League Extreme concept.

swe3t

Here's my first hockey concept, I wanted to do something a little different. I just got inkscape so the crest is my first logo :D The team name is the Las Vegas Killers. Please c&c!!! Also if you guys want to come up with your own teams to put in the league, go for it!

killersve1.png

lvkillers2ll9.png

edit note: the number on the right shoulder is supposed to be in the middle of the line but i couldnt figure out how to rotate on inkscape.

bullssig.png

I came in here expecting a makeover of an actual XHL team, but alas... I was fooled.

About this concept, I understand it's your first, but this just isn't doing it for me. The number is in an extremely odd place for a hockey sweater. If you insist on having a number on the front, make it even in contrast to the A. The crest is another thing, too clip-arty for me, it doesn't convey any relation to a hockey. While you're making your tweaks (if you choose to do so) try working some design onto the arms, it's looking awfully plain.

Not a bad start for your first attempt, fairly clean, keep it up.

I didn't even know there was already a XHL lol. oops. I should of researched that, but I will make some revisions and thanks for the input. I don't watch a lot of hockey so I don't know whats normal, I just did what I thought would look cool.

Edit: Here is a revision for now.. I will work on working hockey into the logo.. Is there anything else? And what do you mean clip art? Too cartoonish or what?

lvkillers3zf9.png

bullssig.png

The new uniform is an improvement, but you should thicken the piping. As for the logo, I would either thicken the purple lines on the guns or make the sections inside the lines a darker orange. And are the guns supposed to make a subltle "LV"? The next thing I'd do is find a different font. The one you have does not say "Killers" to me. It says funky 70s lounge. Last, I would decrease the size of the circle so the wordmark and guns come out of the circle.

I'm confused, is the team name Killers or mob cause you have used both within the logo. The colors are different, but remind me of halloween for some reason. The most recent jersey design looks like a mix of Columbus and Calgary, maybe try some curved striping to flow with the circle in the logo. Not bad at all for your first though.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

yeah sorry for the confusion, i decided the change the team name in my last post, and I posted the updated logo in my original post. Yeah the colors are holloweenish, I wanted to do something off the wall.. At first I was going to do black, grey, and red but all the las vegas teams use those colors, so I ended up with purple and orange lol.

Side Note: It'd be cool if a bunch of people could make ideas for their "HLE" team but I'm not really sure how to start a thread like that.

bullssig.png

Archived