Cincinnati Hockey Past and Never To Be

siegel0572

So here is my take on a couple of points in hockey history here in Cincinnati. My first set is my take on the team I went to see the first time I ever saw a hockey game. I present the Cincinnati Stingers. I have always liked the Stingers logo and was hoping that it would be the chosen name when hockey returned to Cincy. The uniforms they wore in the 70's were the typical solid body with the three stripes on the arms and bottom. The biggest change I did on my take is on the road uniform. In the 70's the Stingers wore yellow at home and black on the road, but today's teams are switched, so I decided to do a white road. Also I kept with the time period and did not do an alternate for the Stingers since teams then did not wesr alternates.

StingersHomeUniform.png

StingersRoadUniform.png

Next will be a team that never had the opportunity, the Cincinnati Railraiders.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

So here is my idea for the sweaters for a team that never even saw the ice. The Cincinnati Rail Raiders were to be the replacement for the Mighty Ducks in the AHL when they were moved by Anaheim. The team had a deadline to sell a certain number of season ticket packages in order to be granted and expantion spot in the league. The team unveiled what I think was a great logo but never any uniforms. Alas the ticket drive failed and the team never was to be. So here is my take on what the Rail Raiders could have looked like. I decided to go with a silver alternate instead of black just to be diffetent. WIth all of the black 3rd's in the game today I decided to go a different path.

RailraidersHomeUniform.png

RailraidersRoadUniform.png

RailraidersAlternateUniform.png

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I wish the Railraiders had made it too. But the Cyclones havent been bad.

The only thing I would change on your concept for them is on the alternate, make the shoulders eithe blue or silver. I dont think white looks that good.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

I was debating the color of the shoulders on the alternate. I chose the white just to make it stand out against the silver. I thought the blue might be too much. As far as the colors being too much like the Lightning, the logos and colors on them are the actual ones the team would have had if they played.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

• 3 weeks later...
Cyclones ROCK, been watching them since i was 15 years old... My family an i were there last year the night they won the Kelly Cup Championship!!! (dance)

I was there too, although I've always been a Cincinnati Mighty Ducks guy. I still have some of the championship confetti in my room.

Siegel, are we gonna see a Cyclones concept? A What-If Cincinnati Ducks concept would be cool too.

Cyclones ROCK, been watching them since i was 15 years old... My family an i were there last year the night they won the Kelly Cup Championship!!! (dance)

I was there too, although I've always been a Cincinnati Mighty Ducks guy. I still have some of the championship confetti in my room.

Siegel, are we gonna see a Cyclones concept? A What-If Cincinnati Ducks concept would be cool too.

I took my son to the Championship game and he had a blast. I may do a concept in the future, but right now I am starting to work on some baseball concepts.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

• 2 months later...

Nice work, I like the Stingers idea you have. I also have fond memories of the Cyclones from the Wolves IHL days and them Ducks from the AHL days. I was at the last game that the Ducks ever played in '05 against the Wolves in the playoffs. I had a design idea for the Railraiders that I actually had sent to the Railraiders' organization and was disappointed when they did not make it. Here is the alternate and dark uniform I created.

railraidrsunit.gif

railraidrsunir.jpg

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived