Cleveland Browns

patsox

With this concept, I wanted to give the Browns a fresh new look while keeping them a somewhat traditional-looking team. I love the Browns' colors so I kept them. Their uniform design is pretty boring and they don't have much of an identity. I decided to make the checkerboard pattern their new identity. The checkerboard pattern comes from the design that has been on the walls of their stadium for a while. I took that and ran with it. Some may find this to be a little out there, but I think it would work and I hope you do to. I also added the B from their wordmark to their helmet. Here is the concept. I'd really appreciate some feedback on this:

Primary Logo

WdmrkTrnsprnt.png

Helmet:

BrwnsHlmet.png

Home Uniform

BrownsConceptTrnsprnt.png

Away Uniform

BrownsAwayTrnsprnt.png

Personally, I think this is somewhat of a checker overload. I would probably use it as a trim. Also, with the helmet, I would use the =B= football, instead of a plain B, or you could try numerals on the helmet, like the throwbacks have. Right now, the wordmark is the strongest part of the concept.

I'm sorry, Patsox, but I don't think this is the answer for the Browns. The checkerboard pattern looks too college or minor league. Not to mention the brown pants. I do, however, think the brown facemask is a nice look.

Just make each checker bigger so it's more obvious and that'll go a long way. Maybe even just use the checkers as trim for the collar and armholes. I appreciate the idea, but it just looks a little too busy on the sleeves as compared to everywhere else as is.

scotland_fifasig.png

I don't mind the whole checkered look idea - in fact, if executed properly, it could probably look very nice. The only problem I have with your concept it that the checkers are way too small, making the sleeves look like a lighter shade of brown from afar. Make them bigger, and maybe it'll look a tad bit better.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

UPDATE A

BrownsConcept2T.png

BrownsConcept2RoadT.png

BrwnsHlmett.png

For this one I went with more of a Cleveland Cavs look.

UPDATE B

BrownsConcept2aT.png

BrownsConcept2aRoadT.png

With this one I stuck with the checkerboard pattern, but made it a little less gawdy I think. I added the checkers to the bottoms of the pants as well.

C&C would be nice. Thank you in advance.

I like version b although I think you should still use the =B= logo on the helmet. On the version a home uni, the two different colored patterns dont do it for me, my only suggestion to be would be to put a small white outline around the pattern and make the pattern orange and brown like the pants, I dont know if that would solve the problem, but it's the only thing I could think of.

bullssig.png

I'll start working on some revisions and post some updates within the next few days.

If I had to pick, I would go with Update A. I like the look on side of the pants. But I do not like the helmet at all. Putting a letter B on the side of the helmet does not cut it for an NFL team. The logo should either be one of these381.gif or logo.PNG or http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t..._B_logo.svg.png

spacer.png

Both your updates look better, but neither is an upgrade from what they have now. I really don't think the "B" on the helmets is working. At least not that plain "B". And I recognize that you are trying to tie the Browns to the Cavs, but I think most Cleveland fans would rather see the Cavs uniforms made closer to the Browns. And maybe add a different colored background on these. It's really hard to see where the white stops.

Archived