2009 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

The King with 7, Big E with 7. I remember several years ago it was said that Gordon had a great chance of passing the two legends....Now J.J., Man four in a row? What a historic moment it will be tomoroww. He and the team have been awsome. Hope nothing stupid happens. Hopefully there will be some driver v.s. driver respect. J.J. looks to be the next king. My thoughts go out to Mark Martin. What a guy. Ive enjoyed watching him for years. Guess it wasnt meant to be. B)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now that he's extended through 2015 I could really see him winning 8 Championships.

Little note

Richard Petty was 35 when he won his 4th Title and Dale Earnhardt was 39, Jimmie will be only 34.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The King with 7, Big E with 7. I remember several years ago it was said that Gordon had a great chance of passing the two legends....Now J.J., Man four in a row? What a historic moment it will be tomoroww. He and the team have been awsome. Hope nothing stupid happens. Hopefully there will be some driver v.s. driver respect. J.J. looks to be the next king. My thoughts go out to Mark Martin. What a guy. Ive enjoyed watching him for years. Guess it wasnt meant to be. B)

Yes, Gordon had a shot at surpassing Petty and Earnhardt, but when Evernham left, it threw a wrench into that idea as Gordon had to learn a new crew chief and yes he did win one, and has the potential to win a couple more. That's what makes JJ's attempt so realistic, is that Rick Hendrick is a smart man and saw that changing crew chiefs while it might work in the short run, isn't the best thing for a great team. I'm not blaming anyone for Evernham leaving, because he wanted to own his own team and try a new challenge. If Evernham would've stayed, 7 or 8 championships was a strong possibility. That's what Hendrick wants to keep, the championship team together and he has done that. Oh, and there will be no next King, there is only one King and that's Richard Petty. JJ? You just call him, "THE MAN."

What I meant by "King" means if he keeps up the pace, Johnson may surpass 7 championships. And "THE MAN"Nickname, like it or not, will always belong to #3 B)

Well then if you say that Earnhardt is the Man, then of course Jimmie is Superman, so start looking for Kryptonite. And as far as next season goes, until someone beats Jimmie, no one else matters. How many years in a row do people keep throwing out, "Look out for this team, or that team" because the supposed "threat" and I use the term "threat" lightly, that this supposed "threat" runs two or three good races at the end of the year. Denny Hamlin, is about 4-5 years away from being mature enough to be championship worthy. RCR, does not have the drivers to win the championship. Harvick, won't win because he's gone after next year, and he is just like Denny Hamlin, not mature enough as a driver to win it all and never will be. Jeff Burton, I respect him, but he's not going to do it. Clint Bowyer is a Burton clone, and won't do it. RCR is an organization that has an up year and a down year and they won't challenge because of the people who run the organization. As much as I respect Childress, he's not the person who is a take things at all costs person. Who won the titles at RCR, Dale Earnhardt, that is the one thing RCR is missing. That is what Hendrick has assembled, those people who year in and year out are leaders. It's what Rick Hendrick instills in his employees, the best, to win and whatever you want or need Rick will get that. It's not at any other organization out there. Not even close.

What I meant by "King" means if he keeps up the pace, Johnson may surpass 7 championships. And "THE MAN"Nickname, like it or not, will always belong to #3 B)

Well then if you say that Earnhardt is the Man, then of course Jimmie is Superman, so start looking for Kryptonite. And as far as next season goes, until someone beats Jimmie, no one else matters. How many years in a row do people keep throwing out, "Look out for this team, or that team" because the supposed "threat" and I use the term "threat" lightly, that this supposed "threat" runs two or three good races at the end of the year. Denny Hamlin, is about 4-5 years away from being mature enough to be championship worthy. RCR, does not have the drivers to win the championship. Harvick, won't win because he's gone after next year, and he is just like Denny Hamlin, not mature enough as a driver to win it all and never will be. Jeff Burton, I respect him, but he's not going to do it. Clint Bowyer is a Burton clone, and won't do it. RCR is an organization that has an up year and a down year and they won't challenge because of the people who run the organization. As much as I respect Childress, he's not the person who is a take things at all costs person. Who won the titles at RCR, Dale Earnhardt, that is the one thing RCR is missing. That is what Hendrick has assembled, those people who year in and year out are leaders. It's what Rick Hendrick instills in his employees, the best, to win and whatever you want or need Rick will get that. It's not at any other organization out there. Not even close.

So here's an open-ended question for you, oddball, or anyone else who'd like to chime in:

How will four straight championships by Jimmie Johnson influence the 2010 Nascar season?

Archived