Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan and other clubs 09/10 Football shirts - Leaked

roxfan00

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Everton throwback is fine, though I'd like to see it being worn by an actual person. (I grew up on Everton wearing the original and it wasn't bad!) Newcastle's is an upgrade on a pretty bad effort IMO,though I'd like to see a short haired guy wear it so I can see the whole collar.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I agree with Saintsfan on most points.

The Everton shirt is nothing a modern team should be wearing, but I like it as a one-off or, in this case, a one-year novelty. I don't support Everton, so it's easier for me to come to that conclusion.

The Newcastle kit is a clear upgrade over more recent efforts, though I still think the Adidas stripes look really out of place next to the Magpies' traditional stripes. This is an example where I wished Nike were the shirt vendor. (I'd even like to see what Le Cocq Sportif could do, though I'll pass on Umbro and Puma.)

That could be a production mockup from LCS. If not, then we all get to laugh at Everton every game next season. Newcastle unveiled their new shirts — it would appear that they are using the same adidas template as worn by Toronto FC.

newcastle-united-09-10-home-adidas-kit.jpg

Not bad for a Championship side...:P

Those are :censored: ing beautiful, if you ignore the obnoxiously done logo creep.

gosioux is right that the adidas sleeve stripes aren't very well done on the Newcastle shirt. I think that the sleeve stripe needs to be the same width as the black stripe encasing the adidas 3 stripes. Though it does occur to me that it might not look quite so bad with the sleeve patches on it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Ajax 09/10 Adidas away

ajax-09-10-adidas-away-kit.jpg

ajax-09-10-adidas-away-shirt.jpg

Blackpool 09/11 Carbrini Home Kit

blackpool-09-10-home-carbrini-kit.jpg

blackpool-09-10-home-carbrini-kits.jpg

Leicester City 09/10 Joma Home kit

leicester-09-10-joma-home-kit.jpg

leicester-09-10-joma-home-kit-4.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The Ajax one is pretty dull, though at least it's not too bad an adidas template.

Blackpool looks great, I love that orange and they've kept things relatively simple. Could do without the massive black logos on the shorts and socks though.

Are Leicester going sponsorless this year? If so that's quite a nice look for them. If there is going to be a sponsor on there at a later date, I think positioning everything centrally will be a bit of a mess.

Blackpool looks great, I love that orange and they've kept things relatively simple. Could do without the massive black logos on the shorts and socks though.

Me, too.

Is that another case of the shirt manufacturer also being the sponsor? Then I really hate the extra logos everywhere.

Shame, because other than that it's a beautiful kit, clean and classic.

I thought we'd gotten past the era of random goofy shields around crests.

Yeah other than that though I quite like the Sunderland shirt. Seems like Umbro are full out going down a simpler design path, which for my money is a good thing.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

safc_1240819420_400_3.jpg

Close up of the crest, kinda ruins the 'simple' motif

A little practically invisible shadowing doesn't ruin the simple motif at all. Maybe I should have said 'traditionaller' rather than simpler though. Its actually pretty amazing, bearing in mind that Umbro has traditionally been a very small operation out of the mill towns in Lancashire, that its been ahead of pretty much all of the football kit innovations over the last 30 years or so. (from memory for instance they were the first to get rid of collars, the first to move from very tight shorts to baggier shorts, the first to use retro stylings as just a few examples).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Me, too.

Is that another case of the shirt manufacturer also being the sponsor? Then I really hate the extra logos everywhere.

Shame, because other than that it's a beautiful kit, clean and classic.

Actually, now that I look closely, I count 7 logos and 2 wordmarks on that kit. I can't see that back though, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's one beneath the collar. Maybe even one on each cheek...

I've revalued this kit and it's horrific.

Archived