Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan and other clubs 09/10 Football shirts - Leaked

roxfan00

Is every team getting new jerseys?

I don't really follow all the soccer leagues, or soccer much, until the World Cup when I follow Italy. Just wondering if they are getting new unis.

basically before any major competition a team will get new uniforms so their equipment sponsors can make $$$$$

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football shirts are introduced with expiration dates, sometimes printed right on the tag. It's usually two years, except for special one-year kits (which are also identified as such upon their unveiling). Look at the FA store, where you can preorder "England Home Shirt 2009/11".

This has the effect of giving national teams new designs for every World Cup. In England's case, they stagger the home and away jerseys so they can unveil a new one every year. The away kit is "England Away Shirt 2008/10".

The good news is that if you hate your team's design, as I hate Arsenal's current shirt, you know only have to put up with it for two years. The good news is that if you love your team's design, as I loved Arsenal's shirt before this one, you know exactly when all good things must end.

club teams tend to do new home kits every two years, away kits every year. Smaller clubs who change sponsors or who are just revenue tight may unveil new home and away kits every season to generate more sales from replica kits. This trend has only recently come about. Before replica jerseys were the thing to have, football teams (national and club) went for very long stretches without changing kits.

As far as those "leaks" go, Liverpool and Chelsea seem to be genuine, while I would bet that ManU and Arsenal's are either Far East Fakes or production samples from Nike, not the final kit.

OD_Signature.jpg

Thanks to all for the information, that is interesting how often they change.

So when is the Italy leak going to be seen? I'm looking foward to that.

2ly2w09.jpg

I do like the cadet collars and the three stripes on the shoulders, like epaulets. They might look silly on the short sleeve shirts, though.

And while I hated the sublimated Three Lions of the most recent England away shirt, I'm kinda digging the two-headed eagle. Maybe it's because the Eagle is centered and the Lions were on an angle.

The Russia ones actually look pretty good and the Spain one isn't terrible, I think because they didn't make the left sleeve a different colour like most teams who use that template. The black still does look a bit out of place but it's growing on me.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

New Umbro England Kit

jon_terry_england_shirt.jpg

Classic just like 66' usually not a fan of bland kits but these are great and Fifa let them go without numbers on the Front of the shirt or the shorts.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

While many soccer shirts these days seem over-designed, the new England kits are nice but feel under-designed to me. I agree that it would have looked better with navy shorts. Replica shirts will probably sell for like $80 apiece, but they look like they should only be worth about $20.

Archived