New Iowa/Purdue basketball jerseys

cubsfan07

That could just be a representation of a difference in material.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is up with those collars? And why Black on Black? And why is one wordmark straight across while the other is arched? And why is the number font italicized? Other than those questions, I think these are amazing.

I hate it when they have the same color as the jersey as the main color of the number outlined by another color. Oh and what exactly are NASCAR fonts?!

This is what always comes to mind with those numbers, rounded edges and itallics. I'll have to wait and see them in action, but so far I am not impressed.

Fonts.jpg

pierrepierce.jpg

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Most of my friends were Westsiders. I would like to imagine that I'm an honorary alum. Or not.

We're actually River Rats.

You from Lafayette?

No, I'm from Wabash, but the friends I made at Purdue were mostly townies so, in a way, my experience was more local culture than campus culture. And I'm more in touch with that crew today than people from my own high school; but I guess that's usually the way.

Its a bummer that I can't fully like either set.

I really like Iowa's number font and the arched and italicized IOWA script. But they ruin it on the black jersey by doing the black-on-black, and they ruin it on the yellow jersey by using a straight Hawkeyes script.

But the jersey design is fantastic.

Of course, it's replacing a pretty fantastic set, too.

Its a bummer that I can't fully like either set.

I really like Iowa's number font and the arched and italicized IOWA script. But they ruin it on the black jersey by doing the black-on-black, and they ruin it on the yellow jersey by using a straight Hawkeyes script.

But the jersey design is fantastic.

Of course, it's replacing a pretty fantastic set, too.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the jerseys. My favorite part of this is the shorts, they look really good from that graphic.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Most of my friends were Westsiders. I would like to imagine that I'm an honorary alum. Or not.

You from Lafayette?

No, I'm from Wabash, but the friends I made at Purdue were mostly townies so, in a way, my experience was more local culture than campus culture. And I'm more in touch with that crew today than people from my own high school; but I guess that's usually the way.

Ah - Crawfordsville. I know a couple of professors there.

You from Lafayette?

Ah - Crawfordsville. I know a couple of professors there.

Nope, Wabash the city and county, not the college. :-)

Those black Purdue unis are way, way too minimalist. They definitely need some white.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Those black Purdue unis are way, way too minimalist. They definitely need some white.

I agree, I wish the numbers weren't black. It would be better if the shorts were the inverse of the home, with a decent amount of gold and white. I am a huge fan of the home unis though.

Purdue needs to wear gold uniforms again, for some games. I don't think they have worn them, since Painter took over as coach.

The new black Purdue uniforms, are not good.

Personally, I prefer the black. The gold we use is awful in large amounts, but makes a great accent color. Rumor on the Purdue boards is a gold alt is in the works for next season. Not sure on the validity of that so take it for what its worth.

I like both teams' home jerseys, but the black numbers look so bad on black jerseys. They are terrible. The people not in the front row seats and watching on tv won't be able to see them.

And if the Purdue jersey is going to be gold outline with black letters for the script and the collar logo, why not the shorts too like the white shorts.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived