New Iowa/Purdue basketball jerseys

cubsfan07

Ugh. Black on black numbers. Too hard to read and lacks pop.

I think black and yellow is enough of a contrast to make it work. It'll depend on how thick they make the yellow outlines though...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purdue's new unis in action...well kinda...

Press Conference Photos...

(still no pictures of the back unfortunately. I'm interested in seeing the striping on the back, especially with the train reference below)

From the press article-

The patterning of the jersey features roughly a 25% reduction in weight, eliminating excess materials in the body of the jersey, allowing the player to move more efficiently through traffic on the court. The Purdue design features an iconic neck-line, combined with design lines inspired by the history of the Boilermaker Train. Purdue will wear three colors, a traditional white/black/gold uniform, an alternate gold uniform, and a unique, bold black "road warrior" type uniform that they will wear when they do battle on the road. The gold uniform will not be introduced until the 2009-2010 season.

Chris Kramer (#3) on them helping performance -

"When it comes down to it, those uniforms aren't going to make us play any better or any worse," Kramer said. "It's on us. If we had to play this game [against #5 Mich St] in our old ones, nothing would have changed."

F503492.jpg

F503488.jpg

F503486.jpg

• 4 years later...

Since Iowa and Purdue are playing this week, I thought maybe this thread had news. Nope, from 2009. Interesting to note that the black on black didn't last long at Iowa. I think they essentially wear the same uni, but with gold outlined in white numbers.

The Hawkeyes jersey apparently didn't fly either (no pun intended). The gold says Iowa again. Not sure when they switched away, but it might have only lasted one season. Could have been the coaching change.

Archived