Raiders unveil 50TH season logo

roxfan00

Very nice logo, but as a 49er fan, those diamonds in the Raiders' 50th logo look very similar to:

1005.gif

Sorry - just gotta do it - in the lines of my MLB Commemorative logo thread, here's this one:

SanFrancisco49ers_CL1_1996.png

OCD much, Donovan? :P

The Raiders diamonds did make me think of San Francisco's 50th logo. They are placed in a similar way and have the same "lighting" effect on them.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The last couple of seasons, they have excelled at being a subpar football team.

NFL Win-Loss Records since 2003:

31. Detroit Lions 26-70 (.271)

32. Oakland Raiders 24-72 (.250)

That's including the Lions' 0-16 run last year!

Seems subpar is an understatement, they flat out sucked.

Wow, that's awful. I think it's clear that "a commitment to excellence" is a little lofty, maybe they start with "a commitment to a winnng record".

The last couple of seasons, they have excelled at being a subpar football team.

NFL Win-Loss Records since 2003:

31. Detroit Lions 26-70 (.271)

32. Oakland Raiders 24-72 (.250)

That's including the Lions' 0-16 run last year!

Seems subpar is an understatement, they flat out sucked.

Wow, that's awful. I think it's clear that "a commitment to excellence" is a little lofty, maybe they start with "a commitment to a winnng record".

A committment to a .500 record might be more reasonable.

Whatever this is 50th anniversary or season or both... the fact that it says 50 and then the years are 1960 and 2009 just look weird to me. they should not put the years in there because it just looks strange to say 50th anniversary and then have two numbers that at 49 years off, even if it is accurate. just lose the years alltogether

Or wait until next year like the 49ers did --- theor 50th ann. logo says 1946-1996... just makes more sense that way.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Very nice logo, but as a 49er fan, those diamonds in the Raiders' 50th logo look very similar to:

1005.gif

So where will you add the corruption conviction wihtin what Al Davis has done? That IS classy!

For the Raider Haters, they have at least won a playoff game and appeared in a Super Bowl since my favorite team (Dallas Cowboys) and their streak lasts over 12 years. In fact (credit sturminator.blogspot.com, the originator of the Ranking System from the Super Bowl era):

You or some P1 may have already done this, but I started looking at the stats of the Cowboys and Raiders since the last time Dallas won a playoff game following the 96 season. I picked Oakland because they are a once-great franchise that has taken a huge slide, mainly because Al Davis continues to meddle in the football operations

In the 12 seasons since, here are the cumulative records:

Dal: 95 & 97 (avg record 8-8)

Oak: 77 & 115 (avg record 6-10)

Advantage Cowboys...but also add in, during that same stretch, that Oakland has the same number of double-digit win seasons as Dallas (3), they've won 4 playoff games and been to a Super Bowl.

I'm not saying that the Cowboys have sunk to the depths that the Raiders have of late. But I really am starting to worry that Jerry is headed down the same path as Crazy Al Davis.

Archived