Dolphin Alternative Uni

Mitch B

My first concept post. Unfortunately, my artwork doesn't look as good as the idea in my head.

I would like to see my beloved Dolphins re-emphasize the navy blue added to the uniforms a decade ago. I'd like for them to have an alternative jersey that fades from the traditional aqua to the navy blue. I have a cap that does this and it looks great. Again, I wish my drawing did my idea justice.

alternative.jpg

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Yeah, I would have the outer outline of the numbers be orange, to incorporate orange and to make it "pop". Just curious, is the jersey a gradient and literally fades from Navy to Aqua, or is it a segmented, three-part thing?

a literal fade, the segmented effect is just my poor artwork

revised

alternative2.jpg

First off, welcome to the boards. I have over 500 posts and haven't posted one concept yet (I don't feel very confident in my ideas/photoshop skills)! I think your idea is interesting, but I'm not a fan of the gradient. The Dolphins' primary color is, and always will be, aqua. While I know this is meant to be an alternate jersey, it is just too heavy on the navy. If you want to make an alternate, I don't think navy would be the best choice (well, actually, the only other option would be coral, which I think looks cool, but most people hate it). In reality, the gradient would fail completely, as it wouldn't be popular with the fans. This is a very nice first attempt.

PS- save your concepts in PNG, not JPEG, as they will be of better quality and the colors would come out better. Also, try not to use a photo of the helmet. Transfer it to a template.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

am i the only one that notices that this guy is using fishheatcats miami dolphins minor league concept over on that thread for the top half/template? its probly fine but in the future you should credit the person you stole the idea from in the first place

Yeah I noticed it was the same template and the NFL RESERVE LOGO on the coller, but waited to see if someone else caught that, he also did a bad job of cutting it out and pasting it on a white background after it had fishheat's background already on it.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

am i the only one that notices that this guy is using fishheatcats miami dolphins minor league concept over on that thread for the top half/template? its probly fine but in the future you should credit the person you stole the idea from in the first place

My name is Mitch.

I did indeed use fishheatcats concept as a template (I enjoyed his ideas BTW), but I don't think I stole anyone's idea.

My name is Mitch.

I did indeed use fishheatcats concept as a template (I enjoyed his ideas BTW), but I don't think I stole anyone's idea.

Well all you really did was add the green on the jersey, the rest you did steal, like it has the NFL Reserve logo on it, that was made by him, you should pm him and ask him if you can use his template, and he will send you a blank one, but you basically copied it and changed it a little bit.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

My name is Mitch.

Well all you really did was add the green on the jersey, the rest you did steal, like it has the NFL Reserve logo on it, that was made by him, you should pm him and ask him if you can use his template, and he will send you a blank one, but you basically copied it and changed it a little bit.

I maintain that my idea is original. I used someone else's picture to help me demonstrate my idea. I publicly apologize if have violated any rules of this board or if I have wronged fisheatcat in any way.

I just wanted to demonstrate an idea for a uniform that I based on a hat that I bought many years ago. I certainly had no intent to steal from fisheatcat's ideas for minor league team uniforms.

I will be mindful of this situation in the future.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but is this the look you are going for?

finsew4.png

w342.png

Yea, that's along the right lines. Thanks. :)

Archived