Color Coded Cities

buckeyes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The My Favorite teams all sorta have one thing the same in My City.

The Flyers, Sixers, Phillies, and Eagles all have a white jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All the teams in the New York area use Blue/Red, or Blue/Orange.

All except the Jets

...and the Devils.

Devils are New Jersey. Seperate and distinct. Let the Rags have New York...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

reckon this is more prevalent in the old world.

in the uk cities like leeds (blue, yellow and white) and bradford (red, black and gold) are pretty common.

there are always exceptions (mostly due to there being more than one team in an area) but this is pretty common.

come to think of it, this also exists in many nz regions.

auckland (blue and white)

waikato (black red and gold)

wellington (black and gold)

otago (blue gold)

canterbury (black red)

In Seattle, the Seahawks and Mariners have somewhat similar colors, the bluish/greenish tones are kind of similar. Not perfect, but close.

PS- the Sounders will have similar colors as well.

I liked when I was a kid growing up in Bremerton, that the 3 major professional sports teams in Seattle all "borrowed" their colors from the other two:

Seahawks: Blue/Green

Mariners: Blue/Gold

Sonics: Green/Gold

I'm guessing this was by coincidence, but still a cool idea.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Not really, but it's been though of and suggested various times. In fact, there was a thread in the concepts section about this where people took cities and took the colors of the most popular team and changed the logos for every team. In fact, I did Cleveland, and many people thought it looked pretty good having orange and brown as the main colors of the city.

I have always wanted to see cities go to "college," "school," or "athletic club" type of thing. What I mean by that is that every team within a city would have the same nickname, color, logos, and everything (much like a college or club). For instance all major professional Detroit teams (baseball, basketball, football, hockey) could be the Red Wings and all use the iconic Winged Wheel because it represents Detroit well. Obviously this would never happen because it would be enormously expensive and no team would want to give up their identities and merge with other local teams. Alas, tis only a dream...

For Detroit, it'd have to be the old English "D". I love the Wings, but no other logo encompasses this city like that does.

Yup. That's the hat that goes with every outfit here.

On the topic of Detroit, the Pistons, Shock, and Titans are all Blue/Red teams. The Tigers and Lions also use Blue. Wings are the only ones without it. (I'm not counting Wayne State 'cause we're not D1 in most sports)

Yeah, go Warriors! (Tartars, for you old school WSU folk)

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

The My Favorite teams all sorta have one thing the same in My City.

The Flyers, Sixers, Phillies, and Eagles all have a white jersey.

Sports teams got people on em!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All the teams in the New York area use Blue/Red, or Blue/Orange.

All except the Jets

...and the Devils.

Devils are New Jersey. Seperate and distinct. Let the Rags have New York...

Devils are still New York area based on geographic proximity and that northern Jersey is in the NYC media market.

Let the Rags fall off the face of the Earth then we'd all be happy. B)

Not really, but it's been though of and suggested various times. In fact, there was a thread in the concepts section about this where people took cities and took the colors of the most popular team and changed the logos for every team. In fact, I did Cleveland, and many people thought it looked pretty good having orange and brown as the main colors of the city.

I have always wanted to see cities go to "college," "school," or "athletic club" type of thing. What I mean by that is that every team within a city would have the same nickname, color, logos, and everything (much like a college or club). For instance all major professional Detroit teams (baseball, basketball, football, hockey) could be the Red Wings and all use the iconic Winged Wheel because it represents Detroit well. Obviously this would never happen because it would be enormously expensive and no team would want to give up their identities and merge with other local teams. Alas, tis only a dream...

For Detroit, it'd have to be the old English "D". I love the Wings, but no other logo encompasses this city like that does.

Yup. That's the hat that goes with every outfit here.

On the topic of Detroit, the Pistons, Shock, and Titans are all Blue/Red teams. The Tigers and Lions also use Blue. Wings are the only ones without it. (I'm not counting Wayne State 'cause we're not D1 in most sports)

Yeah, go Warriors! (Tartars, for you old school WSU folk)

For sure.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Pens, Pirates, and Steelers all wear Black, Gold/Yellow, and White

Back in the late 70s, the Penguins where blue & white. They changed their colors at that

time to Black and Gold. It is said to have switched to be in the winning form of the Pirates

who won the World Series and the Steelers with their three titles.

I believe the owners did this by choice. I remember the article in the paper when it happened.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The LA Lakers and LA Kings shared purple/gold, then the LA Kings and LA Raiders shared black/silver. I think Pittsburgh is the only city in Canada or the USA that has all four of their major sports teams with the same black, white and yellow/gold scheme.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived