Color Coded Cities

buckeyes

The My Favorite teams all sorta have one thing the same in My City.

The Flyers, Sixers, Phillies, and Eagles all have a white jersey.

Sports teams got people on em!

every team in Ohio uses a matching color!

Browns = orange = Bengals = black = Crew = yellow = Cavaliers = red = Indians = navy blue = Blue Jackets = red = Ohio State = gray = Reds

Intentional? I think so.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The My Favorite teams all sorta have one thing the same in My City.

The Flyers, Sixers, Phillies, and Eagles all have a white jersey.

Sports teams got people on em!

every team in Ohio uses a matching color!

Browns = orange = Bengals = black = Crew = yellow = Cavaliers = red = Indians = navy blue = Blue Jackets = red = Ohio State = gray = Reds

Intentional? I think so.

Funny!

Its like that "kevin Bacon" game... we can play this for every city.

Other than the Bucks, some shade of gold is used by every major pro or college team in Milwaukee (including the Packers).

The Brewers and Marquette are also known for using multiple shades of blue.

In Denver, the Avalanche, Rapids and Mammoth all use crimson as their primary color, but that might be a Kroenke thing rather than a Denver thing.

Denver pro teams (Broncos, Avalanche and Nuggets) use mostly some type of blue as a primary color with their pro teams -- excluding the Rockies who use purple, which is sort of a shade of blue ln itself.

6uXNWAo.png

In Denver, the Avalanche, Rapids and Mammoth all use crimson as their primary color, but that might be a Kroenke thing rather than a Denver thing.

Denver pro teams (Broncos, Avalanche and Nuggets) use mostly some type of blue as a primary color with their pro teams -- excluding the Rockies who use purple, which is sort of a shade of blue ln itself.

With the exception of Air Force, Colorado's top universities (Denver, Colorado, Colorado State, and Northern Colorado) all use some shade of gold.

jNTsTyQ.png

The LA Lakers and LA Kings shared purple/gold, then the LA Kings and LA Raiders shared black/silver. I think Pittsburgh is the only city in Canada or the USA that has all four of their major sports teams with the same black, white and yellow/gold scheme.

Four?

Hey, why not; everything else in this thread is a reach.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Pens, Pirates, and Steelers all wear Black, Gold/Yellow, and White

Back in the late 70s, the Penguins where blue & white. They changed their colors at that

time to Black and Gold. It is said to have switched to be in the winning form of the Pirates

who won the World Series and the Steelers with their three titles.

I believe the owners did this by choice. I remember the article in the paper when it happened.

The Pens wanted to wear black and gold from the start but the Boston Bruins claimed they had the rights to black and gold(another reason to hate Boston's sports teams), in 1979 the Pens argued that the old Pittsburgh Hockey Pirates wore black and gold in the 1920's and that the Bruins claims to the colors were b.s., that was enough to convince the NHL to allow the Pens to wear black and gold.

I don't count the current Penguins color scheme of Black and Vegas Gold as carrying on the tradition of the Pittsburgh pro teams wearing black and gold since the gold on the city flag is yellow gold not brown gold.

Every team in Boise wears either Blue or Orange (or both), but mostly Orange. It's a bit of a stretch, though.

Boise State - Blue and Orange (primary Blue)

Boise Burn - Orange, Red, Silver (primary Orange)

Boise Hawks - Orange, Green, Red, Yellow (primary Green)

Idaho Stampede - Orange, Red, Black (primary Red)

Idaho Steelheads - Blue, Silver, Black (primary Blue)

The colors on the city of Boise's flag are Blue and Orange, I believe.

Also interesting to this thread might be why, if there's any rationale.

F'rinstance, he Pirates, Pens, and Steelers fly the colors of the city flag, and the Mets/Islanders/Knicks wear the blue and orange of New Amsterdam.

Any others?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived