MLB 2009 Alternate Series

jake22

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, just in general, if you think a script is awful, why would you use it? Another question: why do think it's awful? There isn't anything wrong with the Phillies script. I don't really like this jersey. The patch looks bad, it's a mostly red and white themed jersey and the blue sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't like the use of vertical chest piping here, they go with striping on the ends of sleeves in their real unis; that looks better, and yours makes it inconsistant. A red hat would look better here, I think. Also we need to see pants here. I don't believe the Phillies have a set of plain white pants. So would it be worn with pinstriped pants? Or the gray pants? If so, then the striping wouldn't match, like I explained before. Finally, you should probably use a different template. This one holds back the presentation. I think someone posted a pretty good baseball template in the paint thread recently.

I think this would be better if the bell was the same color as the wordmark. I don't think the wordmark looks bad white. I think the vertical piping needs to go. Maybe do something around the collar like with their 2008 alternate.

Um, just in general, if you think a script is awful, why would you use it? Another question: why do think it's awful? There isn't anything wrong with the Phillies script. I don't really like this jersey. The patch looks bad, it's a mostly red and white themed jersey and the blue sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't like the use of vertical chest piping here, they go with striping on the ends of sleeves in their real unis; that looks better, and yours makes it inconsistant. A red hat would look better here, I think. Also we need to see pants here. I don't believe the Phillies have a set of plain white pants. So would it be worn with pinstriped pants? Or the gray pants? If so, then the striping wouldn't match, like I explained before. Finally, you should probably use a different template. This one holds back the presentation. I think someone posted a pretty good baseball template in the paint thread recently.

Yeah, Patsox posted a pretty good one. And there's a couple that resemble the one Patsox posted in the Template Request topic. This one is really lop-sided. They buttons fall on the right side (players left) instead of in the middle.

jNTsTyQ.png

It just looks too plain. Needs some sort of striping. Numbers and wordmark outlines don't match, make everything look slapped together. Can't really see the sleeve logo either, gold on gold.

Can't believe I'm saying this (Mets fan), but I like the Phillies one.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

TBH the reason you are still looking for responses on the Phillies is because everyone wants you to update it. We told you what to do and you didn't. Instead you moved on to the next one. Finish what you started. Also listen to what we are saying about the template. And you need pants in your presentation.

Sorry but I can't stand the Brewers. That color is sickly. I think the Milwaukee wordmark is too long to be on the front of a game jerseys. It might work for BP or something but it just clutters up the front, and looks too small. I think the patch would look better if the M wasn't the same color as the jersey. It looks like there is a different color gold between the blue and white in the numbers, you might want to fix that. But really I think navy looks 1000x better than this shade of gold.

The color on the Milwaukee alternate would work. They used BP jerseys of that color for the 2002 All Star Game. However I think the color is too ugly for game use. And it wouldn't have killed you to recolor the wordmark to match the jersey instead of using the same one that is on the site.

Archived