49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

I'm not a 49ers fan - but I hope they drop the black. I agree with going back to the traditional colors, but with a new style. I hope they do stay away from all that piping. Something new but with that old style flair (stripes on the sleeves).

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a sad day when the NFL loses one of it's finer contemporary looks in favor of recycled trash.

Their current uniforms are so close to being perfect it's sick. This is horrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It will be a sad day when the NFL loses one of it's finer contemporary looks in favor of recycled trash.

Their current uniforms are so close to being perfect it's sick. This is horrible.

The poll in the 49ers official fansite says exactly the opposite. They want the look back. Incidentally since you seem to be a Philly fan... The NBA's Sixers are doing likewise - they are officially bringing back the 1982-1983 duds for the 2010 season - now those duds look really out of style (lack of side trim) - but the fans are demanding it anyway.

The poll in the 49ers official fansite says exactly the opposite. They want the look back. Incidentally since you seem to be a Philly fan... The NBA's Sixers are doing likewise - they are officially bringing back the 1982-1983 duds for the 2010 season - now those duds look really out of style (lack of side trim) - but the fans are demanding it anyway.

I don't care what fans think - I care what I think. The Sixers are irrelevant to this discussion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't care what fans think - I care what I think. The Sixers are irrelevant to this discussion.

No not really - the fans do have input on how their team should look like (e.g. the 49er helmet fiasco in 1991 caused an uproar) or the Royals return to powder blue jerseys was due to fan input. It is definitely relevant.

Not all 49ers fans like this idea.

Joe_Montana_49ers_OAI.jpg

51-19968-F.jpg

If you remove the Nebraska patch, and add one more stripe, they're the same thing. Time to be different in this crowded sports world. Nothing is wrong with the current jerseys. The players in the throwbacks not the uniforms were the one that shined in those five Super Bowl wins.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Not all 49ers fans like this idea.

Joe_Montana_49ers_OAI.jpg

51-19968-F.jpg

If you remove the Nebraska patch, and add one more stripe, they're the same thing. Time to be different in this crowded sports world. Nothing is wrong with the current jerseys. The players in the throwbacks not the uniforms were the one that shined in those five Super Bowl wins.

Of course - it wouldn't be unanimous..but I see a fair amount of throwback jerseys when I attended two 49er home games in 2008... They (the ownership) are going through with it however.

The current uniforms have exactly the same problem as the throwbacks - need of slight color tweak, and fix the pant stripes. Other than those shared problems, they're both beautiful.

At the very worst, it's a wash.

• 3 weeks later...
Regardless of what the Niners decide to do with the new unis, I think we can all agree that this needs to come back!...

sf_script.gif

That script always make me think of DOLLAR DOLLAR BILLS YALL!

Cash Rules Everything Around Me!

Which I think is fitting considering their nickname is that of people who rushed out west to get in on the gold action.

I'd like to see them update this logo and bring it back.

you could be on to somthing. didnt they use that logo as an aniversary logo? personally i love there current uni's. but i also think the walsh era ones a buets too. or that sweet Pistol guy. AH SO MANY CHOICES

Nothing generic about the new 49ers script. Fits right in with the logo and the then-new identity.

So you've seen the new look?

I believe he is talking about the Niners current script, wich does match the helmet logo font, but as a wordmark, sucks hippie balls.

The old wordmark is lightyears better.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived