• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here is some more

the nameplate color looks different to me

w6yqvr.jpg

NewUni09.png

New_Uni49ers.png

I saw that photoshopped picture based on the spy pictures on this thread... I also saw the supposed away uniform on another site (photo-shopped of course). It looks like the NY Giants except the Giants have the Northwestern Striping pattern on the sleeves (thicker second stripe). One thing for sure, since metallic gold pants do not fit the championship colors criterion....it will also be dropped in favor of the tan/beige/buff hue of the older sets.

I saw that photoshopped picture based on the spy pictures on this thread... I also saw the supposed away uniform on another site (photo-shopped of course). It looks like the NY Giants except the Giants have the Northwestern Striping pattern on the sleeves (thicker second stripe). One thing for sure, since metallic gold pants do not fit the championship colors criterion....it will also be dropped in favor of the tan/beige/buff hue of the older sets.

Colorwerx already confirmed the new gold isn't going all the way back to beige... and he's seen the specs.

Colorwerx already confirmed the new gold isn't going all the way back to beige... and he's seen the specs.

Really....what gold is it then???

I've been meaning to mention this one...

A couple of seasons ago, I mentioned that the 49ers had a new secondary logo - one that hadn't been officially released. Well, it looks like it never will - it's not part of the new logo/uniform package. This might be risky, but I'm gonna post it:

SanFrancisco49ers_SEC_2007-2008.png

I kinda like it.

Along the lines of the WB logo, this kind of reminds me of the numbers on Ricky Craven's Bud car a while back-

273504.jpg

Damn, they had one of my favorite uni sets with their current threads. I thought it was a nice modernization of a classic uni.

I wish they weren't futzin' with it.

The new red jersey is a downgrade to me.

I thought the "modernization" was too busy. Lose some of the unnecessary adornments, like the superfluous "SF" logo on the sleeves and some of the number trim.

Let's see if the new set cuts the frills.

Damn, they had one of my favorite uni sets with their current threads. I thought it was a nice modernization of a classic uni.

I wish they weren't futzin' with it.

The new red jersey is a downgrade to me.

I thought the "modernization" was too busy. Lose some of the unnecessary adornments, like the superfluous "SF" logo on the sleeves and some of the number trim.

Let's see if the new set cuts the frills.

IMO, that was the only thing keeping their soon-to-be former set from going from an A to an A+.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've been meaning to mention this one...

A couple of seasons ago, I mentioned that the 49ers had a new secondary logo - one that hadn't been officially released. Well, it looks like it never will - it's not part of the new logo/uniform package. This might be risky, but I'm gonna post it:

SanFrancisco49ers_SEC_2007-2008.png

I kinda like it.

This screams Warner Bros. Or is it me?

jerseys.jpg

Courtesy of Mining the Gold Rush. These were seen on NFL shop.

This has gotta be it: there's no wordmark, stripes on the sleeve, numbers on the shoulders.

My opinion as a lifelong Niners fan: With the helmets we've seen today, this looks like a perfect upgrade. My only worry is the number font, which looks too thin.

jerseys.jpg

Courtesy of Mining the Gold Rush. These were seen on NFL shop.

This has gotta be it: there's no wordmark, stripes on the sleeve, numbers on the shoulders.

My opinion as a lifelong Niners fan: With the helmets we've seen today, this looks like a perfect upgrade. My only worry is the number font, which looks too thin.

That's funny, because I'm more concerned about the nameplate font which looks to thick.

Archived