49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

Damn, they had one of my favorite uni sets with their current threads. I thought it was a nice modernization of a classic uni.

I wish they weren't futzin' with it.

The new red jersey is a downgrade to me.

I thought the "modernization" was too busy. Lose some of the unnecessary adornments, like the superfluous "SF" logo on the sleeves and some of the number trim.

Let's see if the new set cuts the frills.

IMO, that was the only thing keeping their soon-to-be former set from going from an A to an A+.

That, and the slightly-mismatched helmet stripe/pants stripe combination. If you're going to go that close, make 'em match.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering the individual that took the cell phone shots still have a job?

The niners did good by reviving the look

only the bills need to return back to common sense and go back to their old unis

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Complete downgrade, if that's them. If anything, a slight tweak to what they had would suffice, but now you have a modern logo with a dated look, no color continuity with the jersey, and a Kansas City Chief situation with black on the helmet but not the uniform. Add to that a gray facemask conflicting with a metallic gold shell. Big mistake.

VmWIn6B.png

Complete downgrade, if that's them. If anything, a slight tweak to what they had would suffice, but now you have a modern logo with a dated look, no color continuity with the jersey, and a Kansas City Chief situation with black on the helmet but not the uniform. Add to that a gray facemask conflicting with a metallic gold shell. Big mistake.

I agree 100%. The only thing that makes these good, is that they won in them. There's just one thing wrong with that logic, Joe Montana is not suiting up and wearing this won't make the current team play like a Super Bowl team. I thought the black was used nicely in the last set, now it's out of place just on the helmet. The gray facemask clashes terribly with the gold helmet. The helmet and pants are gold, but it is nowhere to be found on the jersey. Huge downgrade in my opinion.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I love everything they've done to the helmet, but perhaps a thin black trim to the numbers would do a lot of good. That would create some consistency with the letters in the helmet logo and upgrade the package.

There has to be a median between boring and the overly cluttered jersey they changed to. Work some gold on the numbers and sleeves and they could have a winner.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Huge downgrade in my opinion. Its way to plain! Like the Jags set, it needs some gold on the jersey. I was never a huge fan of the uniforms they wore last season but they are much better then these. The red jersey reminds me of the old 'zona jerseys and the white ones remind me of the Giants.

Id give this a D+ at best...huge downgrade.

beLEAF

does the same thing goes to cleveland and NYG?

Those two teams can get away with it. The 49ers have made more significant changes to their primary logo throughout the years. Therefore, I wanted to explore different possibilities regarding the uniforms as well.

does the same thing goes to cleveland and NYG?

I don't think that Cleveland's jerseys are boring, I think they have the best jerseys in the league. Both jerseys use all three colors, and I like the striping they use. The helmets are definately boring, but the jerseys are not.

The Giants are different, though. The jerseys are boring, even more than the 49ers. Plus, the away jerseys feature red when the home is mainly blue. I'd rather have a jersey be too simple than an overdesigned mess, but I think the 49ers could greatly improve their look with a few small changes.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Am I missing something? Isn't this simply the Montana-era set with the most recent helmet logo and a chest wordmark?

Memo to Niners and every other jersey designer in the world: since sleeves are gone, sleeve stripes don't work anymore. Why don't they get that?

One of the very few positives about the new Jags set is that they acknowledged the lack of sleeves (Weaver actually discussed it in his pre-unveiling remarks) and considered it in their design.

This is at best a lateral move for the 49ers.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

here is the predicted set

2009_49ers_HomeAway_Uni.png

Pants_Sox_Cleats.png

Huge Upgrade.

Got rid of all the unnecessary elements and came out looking clean and fresh. This is going to be a great look for the Niners.

I hope this is not the update the 49ers go with, because I feel that it is too old-fashioned and if a team is going to change their look, then looking towards the past is not the way to go. Hell, I have been begging for years for my team to upgrade, but yet they are still stuck in the 1950's.

spacer.png

Archived