49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

Nothing generic about the new 49ers script. Fits right in with the logo and the then-new identity.

So you've seen the new look?

I believe he is talking about the Niners current script, wich does match the helmet logo font, but as a wordmark, sucks hippie balls.

The old wordmark is lightyears better.

The new(er) wordmark is staying.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing generic about the new 49ers script. Fits right in with the logo and the then-new identity.

I believe he is talking about the Niners current script, wich does match the helmet logo font, but as a wordmark, sucks hippie balls.

Blast! :cursing:

6uXNWAo.png

You guys realize that barnesdesign designed that script, right?

So?

I won't go so far as to say it sucks hippie balls (I think it's just fine and is a better "fit" with the logo), but just because a CCSLC member designed something does not mean we all have to say only nice things about it. Ben Barnes does great work, but if it were a Phoenix design, it would be okay to trash it? That's some bull :censored: right there. There is a large community of designers here. No designer gets 100% praise for anything they do. Just because it's a fellow CCSLCer's work, it's not immune from criticism.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So?

I won't go so far as to say it sucks hippie balls (I think it's just fine and is a better "fit" with the logo), but just because a CCSLC member designed something does not mean we all have to say only nice things about it. Ben Barnes does great work, but if it were a Phoenix design, it would be okay to trash it? That's some bull :censored: right there. There is a large community of designers here. No designer gets 100% praise for anything they do. Just because it's a fellow CCSLCer's work, it's not immune from criticism.

Agreed. The criticism isn't personal. Besides, the customer is often the problem within the process and are the ones ultimately responsible.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I want something with a little now and a little then. As long as it's original (unlikely), I'll be happy, I think.

49ers.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

See? It happened again...

Throw out as few inaccurate guesses, and Werx lets slip a little info.

The plan is infallable!!

See? It happened again...

Throw out as few inaccurate guesses, and Werx lets slip a little info.

The plan is infallable!!

Ok, I'll bite ...

ahem ...

I heard they're getting rid of the triple stripe on the sleeve and going to either a red helmet or gold without stripes!!

... Werx??

Didn't someone from these boards make the newer 49ers wordmarks?

A few posts up.

Good call drew. My bad.

That's what I get for not reading the thread thoroughly haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I want something with a little now and a little then. As long as it's original (unlikely), I'll be happy, I think.

49ers.png

I kind of like these, actually. The socks are NFL-illegal, but I think if you cut off the red sock and had the bottom half white, it'd work nicely with both uniforms. I think the helmet could use either a red outline on the SF, or a red SF(with white outline, perhaps).

Archived