MLL shakeup Rochester moves to Toronto

Dilbert

The league has wanted to expand for a while, but instead they contract heavily. I'm surprised it still exists at all. I am also surprised that the Rattlers moved to Toronto.

Strange how the Philadelphia Barrage folded, considering they have been the league's most successful franchise, with 3 championships.

That really sucks that the Riptide are done.

I played lacrosse all 4 years in High School here in Orange County,CA.

I went to a lot of Riptide games, and Storm games at the Pond before they also folded.

They also had a pretty good team. Great defense. Pretty good goaltending (as a goalie myself I looked up to Tillman Johnson when he was there that short while). Kyle Harrison.

Oh well... There is a good young lacrosse market in San Diego and Orange County. Especially at the high school level. It is growing pretty fast down here. There are some good college club teams, but none at the real big universities. UCLA and USC's teams are badddd. UCSB and Chapman are pretty good.

If the MLL does ever come back to SoCal, San Diego would probably be a better choice. There are also some small college campuses in OC that could work.

R.I.P. Riptide

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The New Jersey Pride, Los Angeles Riptide, San Francisco Dragons and the Philadelphia Barrage have folded. Last season the Barrage played all their Home games at various sites in the US.

From how I see it, the New Jersey (or soon-to-be <insert city>) Pride, Los Angeles Riptide, San Francisco Dragons, and Philadelphia (or soon-to-be <insert city>) Barrage didn't actually "fold into oblivion" fold but they "suspended operations for at least a year due to economic circumstances" fold, because I got a feeling that they'll be back as early as 2010 (or maybe 2011).

To put into simpler terms, they were "de-activated" for the 2009 MLL season in hopes of returning in the near future.

Anyways, I'm just saying.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived