New Powerade logo?

NHL1016

I'm not sure how anyone can feel it beats Gatorade's look.

Perhaps you really like Gatorade's old look and feel they downgraded. And perhaps you weren't a fan of Powerade's look and feel they upgraded.

But side-by-side, do you really think Powerade's new look is better than Gatorade's?

I just don't see it. Powerade's is incredibly generic. Gatorade is still sharp and sleek not to mention ridiculously marketable.

Perhaps you really like Gatorade's old look and feel they downgraded. And perhaps you weren't a fan of Powerade's look and feel they upgraded.

But side-by-side, do you really think Powerade's new look is better than Gatorade's?

I just don't see it. Powerade's is incredibly generic. Gatorade is still sharp and sleek not to mention ridiculously marketable.

I 100% agree... I'm drinking a "G" right now and comparing it to the Powerade side by side it's no contest. I instantly recognize Gatorade whereas Powerade takes some looking around. The lack of a real logo kills it as well

Powerade's look has always been bad to me, and dropping the stylized "P" was a good thing, but it's still a bad look. Gatorade, I don't like the "G" and hope they eventually go back to the "Gatorade" and the bolt through it; but even if they don't it's still better looking than Powerade.

It is a "P"

And here was the previous logo...

PoweradeLogo.jpg

This is the best look Powerade's ever had.

That said, the new look isn't that bad either, and it certainly beats the deformed P/? Honest to G-d, I thought that thing was a tie-in to a Batman movie featuring the Riddler when I first saw it. Glad to see it gone.

Here's my take on the "G" thing....

I'm a fan of "simple" logos, and I definitely believe less is more. There are limits though, and I think Gatorade's "G" campaign is an example of the "less is more" concept being taken past that limit.

I think what kills it for me is that the new "G" and the lightning bolt clash. The lightning bolt is sleek, the "G" seems static. The font they chose for the "G" just seems to go against everything I think of stylistically when Gatorade is brought up.

When I think Gatorade, in terms of graphics anyway, I think sleek lightning bolts and bold, italic fonts. The "G" is so NOT what I, a consumer, think of when I think "Gatorade."

The concept of a single, recognizable mark against a variety of colours representing flavours is genius, but I feel the execution is lacking. The "G" just doesn't say "Gatorade" to me.

IMO they should try again with just the lightning bolt against the coloured backgrounds. That would work better, I think.

Here's my take on the "G" thing....

I'm a fan of "simple" logos, and I definitely believe less is more. There are limits though, and I think Gatorade's "G" campaign is an example of the "less is more" concept being taken past that limit.

I think what kills it for me is that the new "G" and the lightning bolt clash. The lightning bolt is sleek, the "G" seems static. The font they chose for the "G" just seems to go against everything I think of stylistically when Gatorade is brought up.

When I think Gatorade, in terms of graphics anyway, I think sleek lightning bolts and bold, italic fonts. The "G" is so NOT what I, a consumer, think of when I think "Gatorade."

The concept of a single, recognizable mark against a variety of colours representing flavours is genius, but I feel the execution is lacking. The "G" just doesn't say "Gatorade" to me.

IMO they should try again with just the lightning bolt against the coloured backgrounds. That would work better, I think.

That's a fair enough opinion, I just disagree.

To me the slab-serif typeface says strong, bold, powerful, and classic. And I think those are all pretty representative of what Gatorade is and what it wants to be.

Archived