The NFL Spring League

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oklahoma outlaws would have been better name but they have been use before when they played in united states football league,logo could have been update but i am complaining about chose of name,i was only suggesting something.

Why the long space between the phrase and post's end?

bYhYmxh.png

#16: Columbia Spiders

Logo.png

Something different to finish up this series. The nickname was just one I liked. Colors are black and bright green/teal. I'm sure I'll get my share of GRADIENTS ARE THE DEVIL posts, but as you can see there is a semi-transparent gradiated web behind the spider-C.

And the intention was to use it on the helmet: a black helmet with a barely visible spider web behind the logo (think Oregon's 'ghost flames'). So that's what's going on in the uniforms. A couple of other things are also a departure for me. Since the web doesn't really work on anything except black, the Spiders wear black pants at home (a monochrome look; cue the MONOCHROME UNIS SUCK posts). Also, the numbers are simply white on the black jersey and black on the white jersey--no outlines at all. Other than that, I've got a spider leg motif going on around the shoulders.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

So it's got some odd things going on, but I had fun with it. And that's all for this series.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Oh man, you nailed this concept!!! I absolutly love it, I saw the name and didnt think I would like it but the logo look's very cool, especially the C being used as the Body and I love the Web, also the uniforms are very creative. I have liked this whole series and it seems with every concept you got better and you deffinatly saved the Best for last, Great Work and I hope to some more concepts from you soon!!!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

These concepts are all very creative and nicely executed. The 'Vultures' nickname doesn't do much for me, mainly because wildlife-based mascots are usually known for being menacing or are at least admirable in some way whereas all vultures do is sit around and wait for other things to die so they can scavenge a meal. Doesn't seem like a particularly redeeming trait. B)

I always thought 'Oklahoma Wildcatters' had a nice ring to it and it's perfect considering the huge oil industry in that state.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

"Gradients are the Devil"

Just kidding, I actually like them in this sense, when it is so discreet you have to do a double take to even see it. Can't say I'm crazy about the black on black on black here but overall good concept and I like the simplicity of the logo. Congrats on finishing the series, you really brought some new ideas to the table and some of these designs were just fantastic.

This is a great concept. I saw the name Spiders and thought "man I don't know if he can pull it off" but you did a great job. I agree with Elliott, I think the gradient works very well in this case. I also like your use of colors on all of these concepts, they are very different instead of all the traditional football colors. The striping on the jerseys looks good as well.

Man, with your talent, I would love to see you rebrand the entire NFL.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

MONOCHROME UNIS SUCK!

B):lol:

Except these don't. Somehow with that green, I think the all black would work well actually. Love the Helmets. The C Spider is pretty clever. Overall a very smart concept.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This is excellent, excellent stuff. The fading spiderweb on the helmet gives it a subtle, abstract detail while the logo itself is nice and clean. The jerseys are simple and well-executed, too. I can't say how impressed I am with this whole series. You've done an excellent job!

scotland_fifasig.png

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the Spiders concept. I'm glad it seemed to work for people.

Well, this thing is finally over. Special thanks again to everyone who's been following this project from the beginning. It's been fun, and I'm a little sad to see it go. But, I'm sure I'll find something else to design. Here's one last overview of the identities, broken down by division:

Pacific Division

Div-Pacific.png

Plains Division

Div-Plains.png

Gulf Division

Div-Gulf.png

Atlantic Division

Div-Atlantic.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived