The NFL Spring League

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far.

Something on the eye just doesn't look right. You should also make a black monochrome jersey, as the team is the Bandits and I usually think of Bandits as being dark.

Yeah, I guess I overworked the curve tool on the eye. I've now simplified it and updated the new version. I also changed the home alternate jersey to black, which I had made but was sitting on. I didn't want to get accused of black overkill this early in the project, but it does look nice as an alternate.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

There isn't a single one of your football concepts that I haven't liked. If there is one thing I would change on the logo, it would be to add more detail to the eye. I'm eagerly awaiting more from this series. Keep up the good work!

I agree with cab. All of your concepts are clean and very nice.

If you fix the eye that will one sweet looking logo. I'm not so sure about the striping because the brown and orange run together, but it could just be my horrible eyes.

Overall i like it alot and can't wait to see this series.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

#2: Raleigh Voltage

Logo.png

So this one is much more abstract and modern. Colors are loosely based on the big three Triangle universities: navy, red, and columbia blue. Nickname comes from the large number of engineering and technology companies in the area. Here's the secondary, a stylized R with sharp blue bolts beginning to come out of each side.

There's a lot going on in this identity, and I did my best to keep it clean. The Voltage wear navy helmets, navy jerseys, white pants at home. White jerseys, navy pants on the road, with an alternate road set using white pants. The home alternate is a red jersey, worn with navy pants.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Very nice work. I think for the LV concept the logo on the helmet should have a white outline to make it pop. I also think the numbers might be hard to read on TV.

But if that is the only suggestion you are doing good.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

EXCELLENT job with the ones you did so far!

Here are my suggestions for the rest of the teams' names:

Pacific

Pasadena Thorns (reference to the Rose Bowl while still sounding tough)

Silicon Valley (San Jose) Hackers (reference to the high-tech industry-Bill Gates & Steve Jobs ring a bell)

Las Vegas Bandits

Tucson Jackalopes (mythical creature which you could think up some strong imagery for)

Plains

San Antonio Generals (strong military history)

El Paso Sun(s) (Sun City, Sun Bowl, etc.)

Oklahoma City Barons (one of the rejected names for the Thunder)

Albuquerque Spirit (Native American heritage)

Gulf

Birmingham Wizards (Magic City)

Memphis Blues (style of music popular there)

Mobile Captains (port city, plenty of ships)

Shreveport-Bossier Tugs (another port city, but in this case a river one)

Atlantic Division

Raleigh Voltage

Norfolk Sharks (nickname for Norfolk is Shark City)

Columbia Rapids (two major rivers, home to plenty of canoers and kayakers)

Orlando Orcas (SHAMU BABY!)

bYhYmxh.png

Those are some interesting suggestions. I've actually already picked names for most of the teams, but there are some still without names and some I'm still not positive about. I'll consider some of these ideas as I finalize these. You actually nailed one of them.

EDIT:

I've added the nicknames that I'm set on to the original post. I do have ideas for some of the cities that I haven't posted nicknames for, but some of them I haven't gotten to yet.

El Paso: Rays, Suns, Blaze, or Scouts

Albuquerque: no real ideas yet

Birmingham: something classic, maybe Bulldogs

Shreveport: Rivermen or Bombers

Columbia: no real ideas yet

I'd listen to input on these five.

#3: Pasadena Rockets

Logo.png

Colors are sky blue, with yellow and black. The nickname comes from the presence of JPL in the Pasadena area, especially back in the 50s and 60s (I don't think JPL is still actually headquartered in Pasadena, but they're around somewhere). The whole logo package is supposed to have a sleek, 1960s vibe. Here's the secondary logo, a rocket launching vertically from a circle, flanked by the letters P and R.

I repeated the rocket-launching theme throughout the helmet and uniforms. I know the helmet is a bit odd--there isn't just a big logo in the center--but I think it works with respect to the rest of the uniform. The Rockets wear blue helmets, blue jerseys, white pants at home. White jerseys and blue pants on the road. Alternate home and road sets included.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Archived