Providence Waterfires

JamieRose

Here are the preliminary logos for the Providence Waterfires, my fantasy baseball team in the newly formed NABL. The name is based off of Providence's famous Water Fire festivals which at least were unique to the city. Right now I have wordmarks and a cap logo, but I'm not really sure where to take it from there. I know with a name like Waterfires that I could come up with something really unique, but I'm really struggling to figure out what it should be.

So without further ado..

Waterfires1.png

I am wide open to suggestions in any aspect, the only thing my heart is set on is the name.

TDZiMMB.png

I agree, I would take the things from Waterfire rather than taking the fire. It is a unique event in Providence. The Gondola's are good, I was thinking maybe more along the line of F. Scott Fitzgerald Royalty type thing (the dancing by the Turks Head), or maybe something more Gothic along the line of the Turks Head and the underpasses of the waterfire with the old stone.

I could be way off, but just water/fire is a little boring, especially if you are going so specific with an event like the waterfires.

Well, here's a logo. Supposed to be the basket of flames over the water in case you can't tell.

Waterfires2.png

I'm quickly beginning to realize that logo making is not my bag at this point in time. Modifying, yes. Uniforms, yes. Original logos, god no.

People can feel free to hijack this thread.

TDZiMMB.png

What do you think? Some knock-off i did.

Waterfire.png

Feel free to take and edit

I think it's absolutely terrible.

It looks like the kool-aid man was lit on fire.

But if you can find some middle ground amongst all these suggestions you could probably come up with something really cool and unique.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Well, here's a logo. Supposed to be the basket of flames over the water in case you can't tell.

Waterfires2.png

I'm quickly beginning to realize that logo making is not my bag at this point in time. Modifying, yes. Uniforms, yes. Original logos, god no.

People can feel free to hijack this thread.

This isn't a bad logo, it just won't work for sports. Try going in the helio direction, just add a flame on the side similar to the firefox logo.

Archived