Slap Shot remake

tj4eck

I'm gonna try my hardest to try to get an audition for this. I would LOVE to play ned braden.. Plus I can skate, I'm definitely an unknown and I have a small but building acting resume. Once I get to LA (June can't come sooner) I'm pursuing the :censored: out of this. I just hope they do this right. No holds barred language and the gritty style they should d with a hockey film, can be clean and glitzy that's what made Miracle so good, the grittiness of the look at the production design.

spacer.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only person I can see as Ned Braden is John Krasinski who plays Jim on "The Office", go with Leary as Reg Dunlap and Mike Meyers as Joe McGrath, fill the rest of the hockey player roles with little known actors who now how to skate and you could have a decent remake.

I'm gonna try my hardest to try to get an audition for this. I would LOVE to play ned braden.. Plus I can skate, I'm definitely an unknown and I have a small but building acting resume. Once I get to LA (June can't come sooner) I'm pursuing the :censored: out of this. I just hope they do this right. No holds barred language and the gritty style they should d with a hockey film, can be clean and glitzy that's what made Miracle so good, the grittiness of the look at the production design.

Good luck with that. I am sure you are the first person to think of moving to LA in order to land an acting job. It is easy to land a job in a saturated market.

BTW, 'Miracle' isn't that good. It glorifies a decent coach and makes a roster of failed hockey players seem more important than they are. The hockey in the film is pretty good, but everything else is a total piece of propaganda crap. Herb Brooks was suchhhhh a good coach that he had a successful coaching career. :rolleyes:

Fact is, he only got into the Hall because he died early. Otherwise, you would NOT see him in there.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Good luck with that. I am sure you are the first person to think of moving to LA in order to land an acting job. It is easy to land a job in a saturated market.

BTW, 'Miracle' isn't that good. It glorifies a decent coach and makes a roster of failed hockey players seem more important than they are. The hockey in the film is pretty good, but everything else is a total piece of propaganda crap. Herb Brooks was suchhhhh a good coach that he had a successful coaching career. :rolleyes:

Fact is, he only got into the Hall because he died early. Otherwise, you would NOT see him in there.

Your a huge ahole. I'm sure that your not the first to tell him that he won't succeed, but it's his dream and what right do have telling him it stupid.

It doesn't matter that the players on the team or the coach didn't have greater success after the Olympics, because they still won the gold. For that Olympics they were the best team, better than the Russians and the Canadians. Herb most of done something.

I wouldn't call them "failed hockey players" when a good chunk of them made it to the NHL.

As for Herb, he WAS a good coach. Sure, his NHL resume isn't that impressive, but his college one is. Coaching college and coaching NHL are totally different animals. Very different. Three National Championships, an Olympic silver medal and an Olympic gold medal aren't that bad. If you hate 'Miracle' so much, go pester someone to make a movie about 1972, which I'm sure you hold dear to your heart.

CityOfWalrus, good on ya! You have a dream and you're intensely pursuing it, which is more than a lot of people here can say.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Your a huge ahole. I'm sure that your not the first to tell him that he won't succeed, but it's his dream and what right do have telling him it stupid.

It doesn't matter that the players on the team or the coach didn't have greater success after the Olympics, because they still won the gold. For that Olympics they were the best team, better than the Russians and the Canadians. Herb most of done something.

I am not telling him he won't succeed. I am reminding him it is HARD as hell down there. I have a friend who had some success in comedy (stand up and sketch) up here and he has been down there for a year and a half and has achieved next to nothing. I was being a dick in reference to landing a specific role, not that he won't have any success in general. (What, I can't still be a little bitter about being attacked for expressing an opinion awhile back?)

And as a fellow Canadian, you would know that our best players were designated as professionals and therefore could not participate in the olympics. That is why we didn't do anything for 50 years in that specific competition (in addition, we are 1 for 3 when using professionals...). Herb did do something, but his whole reputation is built around THAT specific event, nothing else that he has ever done. Here is a horrible example, but the only one I can think of at the moment - what if Germans only decided to remember Hitler for bringing the country out of the Great Depression? I am just saying, to remember someone for just A specific event and nothing else (where he had very, very, very, very limited success) is silly.

Brass, there IS a movie on '72, although a TV movie. It isn't bad, but the acting through most of it is pretty abysmal. Once again, completely different than 'Miracle' because it was two groups of proven professionals playing each other. The impact of this series is also beginning to wear out its welcome in some areas, some don't see it as that relevant anymore or important. Yes I still think it was a fun series, but it was completely different than the 1980 Olympics. Just remember that the Russian roster contained many players who were 8 years older than they were when our professionals played them and that their best players were out of the lineup (and Tretiak was getting close to hanging up the skates).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I am not telling him he won't succeed. I am reminding him it is HARD as hell down there. I have a friend who had some success in comedy (stand up and sketch) up here and he has been down there for a year and a half and has achieved next to nothing. I was being a dick in reference to landing a specific role, not that he won't have any success in general. (What, I can't still be a little bitter about being attacked for expressing an opinion awhile back?)

And as a fellow Canadian, you would know that our best players were designated as professionals and therefore could not participate in the olympics. That is why we didn't do anything for 50 years in that specific competition (in addition, we are 1 for 3 when using professionals...). Herb did do something, but his whole reputation is built around THAT specific event, nothing else that he has ever done. Here is a horrible example, but the only one I can think of at the moment - what if Germans only decided to remember Hitler for bringing the country out of the Great Depression? I am just saying, to remember someone for just A specific event and nothing else (where he had very, very, very, very limited success) is silly.

Brass, there IS a movie on '72, although a TV movie. It isn't bad, but the acting through most of it is pretty abysmal. Once again, completely different than 'Miracle' because it was two groups of proven professionals playing each other. The impact of this series is also beginning to wear out its welcome in some areas, some don't see it as that relevant anymore or important. Yes I still think it was a fun series, but it was comhttp://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=65216&st=40&gopid=1120311

Use Full Editorpletely different than the 1980 Olympics. Just remember that the Russian roster contained many players who were 8 years older than they were when our professionals played them and that their best players were out of the lineup.

I'm sure CityofWalrus knows how hard it is down there, he doesn't need you telling him.

Herb might of only had success in the that one Olympics, but he won a freakin gold medal. How many hockey coaches and players can say the won a gold medal. Not mention athletes in other sports who had loads of success outside of the Olympics but never got a gold.

Herb might of only had success in that one Olympics, but he won a freakin gold medal. How many hockey coaches and players can say the won a gold medal. Not mention athletes in other sports who had loads of success outside of the Olympics but never got a gold.

No, not many can claim they won a gold medal from the olympics. That is because MOST of those players were not eligible to play because they were designated 'professionals'. Those players who did go on to carve out a decent NHL career for themselves (Broten, Ramsey off the top of my head) should be proud because they got to taste olympic gold and skate in the best league in the world. Everyone else? Brooks was a mediocre NHL coach and the rest of the roster couldn't cut it in the big leagues. Brooks would NOT be in the Hall had he not died early. His induction was more sentimental and out of respect, not because of his resume. I do not agree with that, but I also did not have a say in who got to have their name immortalized there.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Herb might of only had success in that one Olympics, but he won a freakin gold medal. How many hockey coaches and players can say the won a gold medal. Not mention athletes in other sports who had loads of success outside of the Olympics but never got a gold.

No, not many can claim they won a gold medal from the olympics. That is because MOST of those players were not eligible to play because they were designated 'professionals'. Those players who did go on to carve out a decent NHL career for themselves (Broten, Ramsey off the top of my head) should be proud because they got to taste olympic gold and skate in the best league in the world. Everyone else? Brooks was a mediocre NHL coach and the rest of the roster couldn't cut it in the big leagues. Brooks would NOT be in the Hall had he not died early. His induction was more sentimental and out of respect, not because of his resume. I do not agree with that, but I also did not have a say in who got to have their name immortalized there.

Someone who coached teams to 3 NCAA Championships and 2 Olympic Medals deserves to be in a Hockey Hall of Fame, he shouldn't be slighted because the folks up in Toronto can't figure out if their a NHL Hall of Fame or a Hall of Fame for all of Hockey.

Paul Newman was the sort of all-around badass that you could buy as a washed-up hockey player. Most of these sound about as credible as hockey players as Adam Sandler was as a professional football player in The Longest Yard or Will Ferrell was as a figure skater in Blades of Glory.

I could maybe see Denis Leary as a homeless man's Sean Avery, a scrappy little pest who never made it to the NHL.

Vince Vaughn, no. Too soft, even if the personality is somewhat close.

Mike Myers should be kept as far away from hockey movies as humanly possible.

The only other casting decision I would consider is Keanu Reeves as Lemieux, if only because he can actually play in goal.

My ideal candidate for Reggie Dunlop would be Kurt Russell using his Tango & Cash character (albeit slightly toned down). I could see Jason Mewes as one of the Hanson bros. and Leary and Clooney could star as well. Beyond that, most of the actor's mentioned don't seem tough enough. Now that I think about it, I could easily see a Coen Brothers cast in this movie.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm not moving out there for the ONE acting job, I know its saturated but anywhere else its saturated in all job markets. Its called life, but thanks I'm glad you can tell me how hard it is to work as an actor in LA, thanks for the tip bro.

CityOfWalrus, good on ya! You have a dream and you're intensely pursuing it, which is more than a lot of people here can say.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
I am not telling him he won't succeed. I am reminding him it is HARD as hell down there. I have a friend who had some success in comedy (stand up and sketch) up here and he has been down there for a year and a half and has achieved next to nothing. I was being a dick in reference to landing a specific role, not that he won't have any success in general.
Your friend and I are completely different people. Again thanks for reminding me what I already know, you don't think people have told me that already? like I need you to tell me also? I'm not going for the specific role but I'm going to pursue it to because well its what I want to do, its my life to act and Hockey is my #2, whats better than combined them?

BTW - I was talking about Miracle as a good movie because it was polished and clean like most sports movies. The production design, cinematography and style in which it was shot was gritty, dirty and real. That's how I would first consider this remake a success if they went that way.

spacer.png

Any chance the Hanson Brothers have anything to say on the subject?

I'll answer that one - probably not. Once you become a character in a screenplay, then whoever owns the rights to that screenplay owns the right to use your name. The first time, and in any remake.

The only other casting decision I would consider is Keanu Reeves as Lemieux, if only because he can actually play in goal.

Images of Youngblood are floating into my mind right now. Hell get Rob Lowe in this too. I'd mention Swayze, but I think he's busy with more important stuff.

Tim Robbins hasn't been mentioned either.

I second Billy Bob being Moe.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Archived